Friday, December 18, 2009

Hopeful Friday.....


Welcome to Hopeful Friday now hosted by Charli and me. This is a post dedicated to positive thoughts and inspirational messages. It is a place to celebrate God! If you would like to join me, just pick up a button, write your post, and then leave a comment here. Otherwise, thank you so much for stopping by. I hope your day is beautiful and blessed in every way ♥





A couple of e-mails have been
circulating in our area that I thought
were poignant and wanted to share
here......

"A couple moves into a new
neighborhood. The next morning
while they are eating breakfast, the
young woman sees her neighbor hanging the wash outside. 'That laundry is not very
clean', she said. 'She doesn't know how to wash correctly. Perhaps she needs better
laundry soap.' Her husband looked on, but remains silent. Every time her neighbor
would hang out her wash to dry, the young woman would make the same comments.

About a month later, the woman was surprised to see a
nice clean wash on the line and said to her husband: "Look,
she has learned how to wash correctly. I wonder who taught her this'. The husband said, 'I got up early this morning and cleaned
our windows'.
And so it is with life. What we see when watching others
depends on the purity of the window though which we
look."

"Don't worry about who doesn't like you, who has more, or who's doing what. Instead, let's cherish the relationships we have with those who love us. Let's think about what God HAS blessed us with. And what we are doing each day to promote ourselves mentally, physically, and emotionally."

This last quote was written by Robert Fulghum......
"If there is truly peace on earth,
goodwill to men, it will be because of women
like Mother Teresa.
Peace is not something you wish for;
it's something you make,
something you do, something you are,
and something you give away!"

Happy Hopeful Friday everyone!
Peace be with you ♥
I hope all of you have a lovely day!
With warmest regards, Carol

13 comments:

Eileen said...

Great story that you've passed on here!
Beautiful quote too!
Thanks for such a timely reminder.
Hope you are enjoying the Christmas Season!
Love to you,
Eileen

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

What a true and wonderful story about the laundry! WOW! I am going to hang on to that one! Merci bien Carol et Charli!!! Anita

soggibottom said...

Seasons greetings from Soggibottom Cottage and lots of love from Amie Soto Blossom x x x

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Powerful and TRUE! Thanks, Carol. I need to be sure my windows are clean!

XO,

Sheila :-)

MARIA said...

I like your Hopeful Friday posts. We need inspiration and this story is very good example.
I'm going to enlarge it during the Christmas meeting.

God bless you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Your Blog is fantastic! You have it all here. Love of Jesus,family,animals,charity,home,country,friends.cooking and crafts. Sorry if I missed anything. I love precious little Charli. She is beautiful. Have a blessed Christmas.
You can use Do Great Good.com to help animals or click on the animal rescue site.com to feed the less fortunate animals.


God didn't promise days without pain,
laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day,
comfort for the tears, and light for the way.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Thanks for being here!
Mel

Madeline's Album said...

Carol, what a lovely story. Your post are always so meaningful. I have been blessed to get to know you. Thank you for your sweet comment to my last post. I too wish you and your family a blessed Christmas season and a great New Year. Give that sweet Charli and pat for me. Madeline

sunshine said...

Great. As always Carol. :)

((Hugs))
Laura

Tammy said...

Just beautiful Carol.... no other words needed. Thank you. Hugs. Tammy

Duchess of Tea said...

My darling I wish you and yours all the joy, love, hope, blessings, peace, laughter, miracles, good health and boundless wealth during this holiday season and always.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Vee said...

That is a great story with a terrific lesson. I'm going to remember that one the next time I am tempted to criticize. Hope that the autumn has treated you and Charli well, Carol. I've missed visiting "Charli and Me."

The Muse said...

HUGS!!!
I have finished my TOD and I am so happy to be able to visit everyone once more.
I really enjoyed this post :)
Hmmm~Now, where is my windex?

Merry Christmas!

Just a little something from Judy said...

What a blessing it was for me to visit this Hopeful Friday post that you did. The story had a great truth in it as did the words about peace that you shared. Peace is a special gift from God and this time of the yer it should be more evident in what we do. Thank you for the peaceful and kind words you shared.

Related Posts with Thumbnails