Thursday, January 21, 2010

Gratitude........


Gratitude......

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
It turns what we have into enough and more.
It turns denial into acceptance,
chaos to order, confusion to clarity.
It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home,
a stranger into a friend.
Gratitude makes sense of the past,
brings peace for today,
and creates vision for tomorrow."
-Melody Beattie-

Much has been said about gratitude and it's importance cannot be understated. The University of California did a research study on Gratitude and Thankfulness. I thought it was quite interesting so I decided I would share some of the highlights here.....
According to the study, people who are grateful are more optimistic, enthusiastic, vital, and determined. They report higher life satisfaction and are more energetic. Grateful people also have lower levels of stress and depression.
* Grateful people are more out going, helpful, and empathic towards others.
* Grateful people are more likely to attend religious services, engage in activities such as prayer, and believe "in the interconnectedness of all life".
* Grateful people are also more likely to share what possessions they have and are less envious of others.


There are many ways in which one can express gratitude. Some people go to elaborate extremes, while others write heartfelt notes. Some people pray. Still others express thanks verbally, with a hug, or even with the nod of they're head. I think one of the greatest expressions of gratitude that anyone could ever give another is simply a smile.
What do you think?



I hope all of you are having a great week ♥

Thank you for all of the sweet and kind comments you leave here.

With warmest regards, Carol

14 comments:

The Muse said...

Oh, I agree. I feel the days that overcome me with sadness, pain or grief..I begin the simple task of counting my blessings...of being grateful.

Not casting my net towards the riches of this world...but the riches of what waits beyond :)

Lovely post!
Hugs and blessings,
The Muse

♥ Kathy said...

♥ I am grateful for you ♥

Vee said...

Yes, I agree with this. And nothing beats gratitude down any faster than stinkin' thinkin'. On the other hand, stinkin' thinkin' can be beaten back with healthy doses of gratitude. I really liked the quote.

Your post is just now showing up...perhaps you had it on hold despite its saying that it'd been up for 17 hours??? Don't mind me, I'm just noticing strange things with my friends' posts and was wondering.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Carol,, how true this is! It is good for the blood pressure and all the other vitals!!! And YES, CHARLI! I WILL BE YOUR VALENTINE!!! Laughter also, is a good medicine as are pets! Bisous to you two! Anita

Wanda said...

A smile is a wonderful gift to give oneself as well as others...

Smiles to you and Charli, Carol!

Eileen said...

I know this is true, the days I wallow in self-pity or yearn for 'more', I am at my lowest and at my worst. The days I concentrate on my Blessings are the best.

And I count you and your lovely blog as one of my Blessings! Thank YOU, Carol, this was a nice way to start off my day!

Hugs to Charli too!

Love to you,
Eileen

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh sweet Carol and Charli, thank you! WOW! I think I did that once to where I went to work when I didn't have to! I have even forgotten to put sugar in recipes and certain necessary garments!! TEE HEE.....Bisous to you both! Anita

Blessings each day said...

I read that even forcing yourself to smile has a positive effect on your outlook, your body and others. Sometimes even a froced goofy grin is enough to perk me right up, so this is a wonderful suggestion for gratitude as well as attitude, Carol!

blessings with hugs,

marcy

Madeline's Album said...

I whole heartedly agree with this. A great post, Carol. Even in the most difficult of times there is always something to be thankful for. Have a blessed day. Madeline

MARIA said...

Good Morning Carol!
Thank you for beautiful thoughts!
I am grateful for my life
and for many blessings in my long life.
I am grateful for you my dear friend!

Have a blessed day!

sunshine said...

I loved this post!
I am grateful to know you! :D

((Hugs))
Laura

skippinginthemeadow said...

I am Grateful for this Beautiful post :o)

Sandy said...

I love, love, LOVE the header, background and music! You are one "happening" lady, my friend! Hugs!!

prashant said...

I begin the simple task of counting my blessings

Work from home

Related Posts with Thumbnails