Thursday, February 25, 2010

Adding a little Irish to every day goodies......


Adding a little Irish to every day goodies...
All things can be a little Irish on Saint Patrick's Day and that includes every day miniature candy bars.
In a previous post I shared with you an idea that my friend Knitty at http://lazydayandsundays.blogspot.com/ shared in one of her posts for making the most adorable smiley face labels for teabags. In that same post Knitty shared her idea for making candy bar labels. All you need are Avery address labels. (Template 8160) These labels fit nicely over Hershey's Nugget's, Hersey Miniatures, and Nestle's Treasures. You can make all of your labels the same or mix them up with various kinds of clip art as Knitty did for a baby shower she was planning. Either way they are very simple to make. Thank you so much Knitty for sharing this wonderful idea!


I think these darling little candy bars are very festive and pretty. They would make a lovely addition to any Irish tea table. They could also be used as party favors. Now where did I put that green ribbon?
What a great way to turn the ordinary into the extraordinary on Saint Patrick's Day!
I hope all of you have a lovely and blessed day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

14 comments:

Madeline's Album said...

Oh I really love this idea and will have to try it. I have green m@m's and green foil wrapped Hershey kisses I put in my bowls for St. Patrick's Day but if I had the labels could use any miniature candy bar. Thanks for sharing this idea. Thank you for your visit and nice comment on my last post. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Again, such a precious detail to make a cup of tea with a friend so special!
ANita

Wanda said...

Thanks for showing these Carol, what a neat idea. Guess what I'm going to be doing for St. Patrick's Day? You have so many wonderful things you share! Thank you!

Knitty said...

Yay! I am happy you liked that idea and made it your own!

JG said...

What a great idea!

This is so useful to use as party favors, too! Thanks.

♥ Kathy said...

That is an awesome idea Carol!

The Muse said...

this is fabulous...creative and witty! well you need to bring those to the friendship feast...
http://adivashammer.com/archives/
are you having a st patty's tea?

Micki said...

What a great idea! I enjoyed all of the Irish items, and you are offically an Irish lassie.
Micki

inspirações da Jô said...

Dear and sweet friend Carol,
The new layout was beautiful and Charli with the white and green clothes, a cutie!!!!Beautiful decoration; the clover pot, the goodies and the doll!!!!! Great kiss and have very happy days!!!!!!!!

Just a little something from Judy said...

I love this idea! Thank you for sharing it. You are right these little labels would be perfect to use for St.Patrick's Day. I find many fun ideas here. You seem to know how to celebrate holidays so beautifully.

MARIA said...

Dear Carol,
beautiful...
and Irish tea table with these liitle candy is really pretty.

Have a blessed weekend!
maria

Shelley said...

I love all the irish green on your blog! And I love the idea of wrapping those candies up - so cute!! Will Charli be dressing up for St. Pats? :-)

Michael said...

As always, your post has made me smile. Hard to believe March is upon us!

Eileen said...

I love how you 'Irish' up your home! I have to get busy on mine, I need to get into the attic and pull out a few decorations.
We've been stuck in this weekend so I wasn't able to get out and get my ingredients for some of the things I want to bake, but this week promises to be better!
Thanks for sharing all your wonderful ideas!
Love to you,
Eileen

Related Posts with Thumbnails