Monday, February 1, 2010

A Huge Thank You and a Second Year Blog Anniversary......



A Huge Thank You and a Second Year Blog Anniversary....


I just wanted to thank all of you again for the kindness and concern you have shown Charli and me during the very unfortunate incident Charli had at the groomers recently. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! After four consistent nights of no sleep, Charli, my hubby, and I are now all doing so much better. In fact, we are all doing great! Friday night we were up again from two to four o'clock in the morning because Charli had worked herself into such a state that she actually began vomiting. On Saturday she finally made a turn around and was able to sleep through the night. By Sunday afternoon she was playing with her toys, teasing my hubby, standing guard in our living room window, and back to her very cute and silly little self. Our vet has assured us that physically she is OK. If only our animals could talk. I would love to know what exactly happened to Charli that day at the groomers. I will be taking her to a new groomer. The new groomer was recommended by Anne. I would like to stop in there this Wednesday. I want to pay a surprise visit and just have a look around the shop. I also want to see how Charli reacts to the groomer. Anne says she is an older woman who happens to love schnauzers and seems to understand they're personalities well.


In the mist of this crisis with Charli my second year blog anniversary has come and gone. It's unbelievable to me how quickly these past two years have went by. My blogging experiences have been phenomenal to say the least. I have enjoyed getting to know each and ever one of you. Thank you so much for your continuing friendship. I look forward to another great year of blogging with all of you.

In lieu of the blog give aways usually associated with an anniversary I have made two donations instead. The first one to Paralyzed Veterans Of America and the second one to a Haiti Relief fund.
I hope all of you are well and those living in winter states are staying warm and cozy. It seems like winter is going by fast this year. The other day I happened to be in Kroger's when I turned around and noticed Easter candy displayed on a shelf. Even thought it's a little early it was a reminder to me that spring will be here before we know it.
Happy February everyone!
With warmest regards, Carol

12 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Oh my, Carol, I've been so caught up in my own "issues" that I haven't checked in as often as I usually do. I had no idea of your crisis. I'm so glad that it seems to have worked out. I know that Charli is special to you and your husband.

Happy Blogiversary!

The Muse said...

So happy, as you know, I hope, to learn that all at your home, is once again, returning to normal.

We were all so concerned~keeping you much in thought! (and ms Charli)

Congrats to your #2 anniversary, a hallmark of note!!

And a sincere thank you for your donations to good causes...!

Just a little something from Judy said...

Congratulations on your second year anniversary in the blogging world! We are all better because of it. Visiting you, Charli and your blog certainly adds interest and joy to my days. Looking forward to more visits. I am thankful that Charli is back to feeling much better. What a sad incident in your lives.

I really appreciated the prayer you shared on your last post. It tore at my heart. I also thank you for making contributions to such worthwhile causes for your 2nd anniversary.

Hope your day is a good one! Thanks again for the blessing of your friendship via your blog.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest friend, I am so glad that our little pal is doing so much better; what a trauma for her and for all of us! You deserve a break and I hope that this new groomer is in the KNOW and is gentle. Happy two year anniversary my dearest! Anita

Duchess of Tea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Duchess of Tea said...

Carol darling I am so glad that Charli is doing better. I also want to wish you a very happy second year anniversary. I love the diversity of your blog, a little of everything and all done and presented so beautifully. I am so glad our blogs crossed paths.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Wanda said...

Charlie's grooming problem was a sad thing to experience, but glad she is back to her sweet self.
I'm happy to have you as a friend and your beautiful blog to visit!
You chose wonderful causes for your donations, Carol!

Madeline's Album said...

Carol, glad to hear that things are back to normal. It has been a pleasure to get to know you and Charli. I Hope we will continue to be friends and visit one another's blogs. Congratulations on 2 years of blogging fun. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Knitty said...

I am so glad to hear that Charli is much better. Happy blog-aversary to you!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

That is a great idea for your anniversary!!! I hope Charli continues to get better, so sorry for the ordeal. So cool you have been to Mackinac Island several times, it's enchanting isn't it? I want to go to the Lilac Festival they have in June. Hugs, Cindy

JG said...

What wonderful news! Glad that everything is getting "back to normal".

Happy Blog-Aversary!

Michael said...

Happy Blog Anniversary! I'm glad you are all doing well. Thank you so much for sharing with us every day. Your blog is a wonderful escape for me.

God Bless you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails