Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It snowed!......

For all of you who have been literally dumped with snow, I'm sure you will be a little perplexed with my enthusiasm, but yesterday was only our second major snow fall of the year. I'm sure I will regret saying this next year but I have missed the snow.
I have missed those snowy days of long ago when school was cancelled. I have missed those days when the snow was good for packing and we could all get outside and play. I miss the days when my children and grandchildren were little and we would make snowmen and angels in the snow. I miss chasing them all around the yard, falling down, and laughing until our tummy's hurt. I miss the days when my hubby and I would put them on sleds and pull them up and down our street.
This year it was only me that got out out to play and enjoy the snow. My hubby was busy clearing it away and Charli was sitting by our back door begging to go back inside. After I finished building my snowman I took a picture of it with my phone. Then I sent it to all of our children and grandchildren for old times sake.
One of the first things I saw when I woke up this morning was my silly little snowman. It made me smile. Of course my hubby has been relentless in his teasing but that's how I know he likes it too.
Some people may say I'm a little childish but I have always believed in that inter child we all have. I think we need to cultivate it and bring it out. It's something I have always made a point to do. As a society we are much to serious. I think that's why some of us are so happy when our grandchildren come along. We have an excuse to do silly and fun things again. Try doing something fun today that you wouldn't normally do. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at just how good it will make you feel.
With warmest regards, Carol

15 comments:

Brenda Eason said...

I sure under stand. We were so excited to get ours in Mississippi. Seems it came much more when I was a child.

Rose said...

I love your "Irish Snowman"!!

Madeline's Album said...

I love to watch it snow. I remember the days as a child growing up in northern California when we would get snow and all the fun we had tying sleds together and going down our street, snow ball fights etc. Here in Alabama when we do get snow it is an adventure for the kids. I love your snowman and your photos. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Wanda said...

I loved our snow this year as well Carol, it was beautiful. It is starting to melt though, now I'm anxious for spring. Have had my snow days, now want some thunderstorms! :)

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

I'll build a snowman with you any ol' time. Even though it's just my DH and me here, we still build snow men. I will be taking down my snow men dolls at the end of the week and will miss them. But the bunnies will take their place. :)

The Muse said...

yes...snowed out and snowed under!
lol...
but no matter, to see the snow, fresh, through your eyes...has been a joy!

Just a little something from Judy said...

This is coming from the blogger who has Winter as her favorite season, so I totally understood your fun Winter memories and your joy over the snow you received. From what I hear, we may be in for another major snow storm on Wed. night into Thursday. They are having a bit of trouble when tracking this one, but if it hits us they say it will include hurricane force winds. Not sure how it will all turn out, but I may have more snow than I ever thought possible since we still have deep drifts here in our county.

I liked how you shared your fond memories in the snow.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Carol, I will be 52 in April, and I have never grown up. Small things, and the things my fourth graders love, I too enjoy so much. You should come and visit my team blog, NOWHERE. You will see us grown ups having so much fun drawing, creating scenarios and just being silly. Thank God for the heart of a child; He told us to come to Him with the heart of a child!!!!

Bisous to you and that formidable Charli! Anita

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Glad you had so much fun - we're supposed to get ours tonight here in Louisiana. Happy Snow Day!

Denise Marie said...

Girl, I've missed you and Charlie! I'm either not posting in the right spots or something. I love him all clovered up!!

Cute idea with the tea labels and love your snowman. I use lables for everything.

Blessings each day said...

Everywhere you go there is snow snow snow! It is beautiful but our car (my van) was sliding in it badly, no ice, just the snow itself. What does our little Charli think of it?

blessings and hugs,

marcy

KarenHarveyCox said...

I remember those days when I missed snow. Now living in Massachusetts, not so much. Your photographs look wonderful, so glad that the snow is bringing you joy.

Karen

Eileen said...

Very pretty!
The forecast for us is more snow, but I think I've had my fill now, although I do love a new-fallen snow, it's just too bad that after a few hours it's more of a nuisance than anything else around here! I like your enthusiasm though and I'm going to hope it's infectious!

I love your blog dress!
Enjoy!
Love to you,
Eileen

Sue said...

We like your little snowman. Rob still likes to slide down the hill on his sled and we throw snowballs for the dogs to chase. We all get older, but we don't have to get old.

Michael said...

Nice snowman!

Related Posts with Thumbnails