Thursday, February 18, 2010

Labels....... A fun and creative idea!.....


Labels...
A fun and creative idea!....

One day while visiting with my friend Knitty at http://lazydayandsundays.blogspot.com/
I noticed she had written a post about label's. Knitty loves labels and has some very creative and charming uses for them. She was in the process of planning a baby shower and she had just made the sweetest label's to place over miniature candy bars that I had ever seen. On that same post she had a picture of a smiley face label on a tea bag. I thought it was so cute that I decided to make some of my own. Mine aren't exactly like Knitty's but I think they turned out rather well.


First I took a smiley face sticker and inserted it into my photo album. Then I transferred it to paint and erased the yellow background. I probably could have just made the smiley face in paint but I didn't. Oh well, maybe next time. I'm still in the process of learning. After I erased the yellow background I transferred it back to my photo album. Then I made the labels using an Avery template as Knitty suggested.



The only Avery labels I had at the time were long and thin but since then I have purchased larger ones.


After I finished the label's I attached them to teabags. I have a special friend who is coming to visit me on Saturday and we always drink tea together. Do you think she will notice the smiley face on her teabag?

Since visiting Knitty I have been on a label making frenzy! These labels have me thinking of other things I could do with them. I can decorate tea bags for holidays and birthdays, add verses, or funny little sayings of some sort. I'm even thinking of making labels for wine glasses. Thank you Knitty for sharing this fun and creative idea!

Do you like using labels for other things besides addresses? If so, what are some of the ways in which you like to use them? I would love to hear from you.
I hope all of you are having a bright and sunny day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

9 comments:

Vee said...

Clever idea! That will add a very nice, charming touch to the tea party, I'm sure. I suppose the sky's the limit with this idea...

Madeline's Album said...

First I want to thank you for your catch up visits to my blog. Thank you for your kind comments. I will have to give credit to my daughter for my header. I will keep this label idea for future items. Have a blessed day. Madeline

The Muse said...

i just love that! well i could add prose snippets on labels too!
oh you are the bees knees!
thank you ... thank you

Blessings each day said...

So many free address labels have some sort of design that can be cut off and my little grandbabies love stickers so I send or save them for them. I've also used them to easily find the right checkbook.

blessings and hugs,

marcy

Rose said...

Wow, you amaze me Carol! You come up with the neatest things, and I seem to have no imagination whatever. But looking at your labels, I was thinking Bible verses on them would be nice, but might be a lot more work! I'm sure you will come up with something special however.

daylily777 said...

That is a really cool idea! I do like the idea of using labels for other things .
Blessings,
~Myrna

KarenHarveyCox said...

What a lovely idea. I must tell my daughter about these labels on teabags. She is planning a bridal shower for her best friend. It's the little details that make a difference.

So nice for you to stop by, thanks for the inspiration.
Karen

♥ Kathy said...

How cute Carol! I love it!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Carol, what a fun idea! Those little extras make a cup of tea even more inviting, and made by a friend? Even better. Stay well sweet lady, Anita

Related Posts with Thumbnails