Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lent.......



LENT......
Today marks the beginning of lent in many Christian communities. It is a time of contemplation and renewal of faith.



I invite you to join me in the following prayer:
Dear Lord as I make my Lenten journey with You,
Send me Your spirit,
Help me to turn away from sin,
And help me to fast and pray,
So that I may know You
And serve You better.
Let me be renewed through my grace with the world
Amen
"As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold Grace of God"
-1 Peter 4:10-
Recently I read an article that I would like to share......
"Spirituality is a way of life and is made up of four parts:
Receiving the gifts of God with gratitude
Cultivating them responsibly
Sharing them lovingly in justice with others
Standing before the Lord in a spirit of responsibly
THE GIFTS OF GOD
Your faith, hope, love, joy
Your family and relationships with others
Your intelligence, talents, and skills
Your imagination, compassion, and vision
Creation in all it's splendor
With so many blessings come great challenges. At all times in our life, we have an opportunity and a responsibility to share what we have been given"
-Deacon Ron-
St. Anastasia Parish
Peace be with all of you ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

12 comments:

Michael said...

What a beautiful post to start Lent. I hope you have a very Blessed Lenten season!

GrandmaK said...

Indeed, a wonderful post. God bless you abundantly this Holy Season! And to your prayer I say, "Amen."

Madeline's Album said...

What a lovely way to start the Lenten season. Your post was most inspiring. Have a blessed day. Madeline

The Muse said...

i join you in that prayer.
and hope that you, my friend of afar...be given many blessings for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful thought and prayer! I'm giving up meat everyday of Lent. I will eat fish one time per week. I will eat Boca burgers and rice and beans for my protein needs. Who knows,maybe this will lead me to become a vegetarian. The slaughter process is quite cruel. Charli looks so cute dressed for Saint Patty's! Have a blessed Lenten season. What are others giving up? Mel

JG said...

That is beautiful!

♥ Kathy said...

Beautiful Carol...thank you for sharing it with us ♥

Judi said...

Hi Carol
Lovely post for Lent. It is so thought provoking and special....a great rememberance. Did you have pancakes last night? We had them at work...
have a lovely day Carol..hugs to Charli
Judi

The Muse said...

(pssst ms Carol & Charli want to see my grand loves?
http://myladydujour.com/2010/02/the-cottage-awaits-spring/

when you have time...these are my oldest son's children :)

Shelley said...

Thank you for this prayer on Ash Wednesday! God bless you and your family!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh how I need to remember this prayer these days...when challenges arise, so does our true character. I fear my inner character is rotten! Dear God, I need your sweetness as a teacher!!!

Oh dearest Carol, you are so wonderful. Give Charli a hug for me....

Just a little something from Judy said...

Reading this post was the perfect way to start my day. What a blessing you and this post are to me. As I read down through it, I was reminded of just how beautifully you share the gifts God has given to you. His grace and mercy shine out through you with each and every post. Thank you for blessing us with your life.

Related Posts with Thumbnails