Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Religious Meme...... Three Hours with Christ...


A Religious Meme..... Three Hours with Christ....

What if you were able to go back and watch any three hours of Christ's life. Which three hours would you pick? It sounds like it would be something easy for to answer but I assure you it was quite difficult. How does one choose with so many amazing moments in Christ's life?
Well, that's exactly what my friend Michael at http://www.reachparadise.com/ asked those of us who visit his blog when he decided to host the following meme.......
Here is the question.....
"If you could go back and watch any hour of Christ's life, which hour would you choose and why?"
The rules are as follows:
* To make this a bit easier, you can choose three one-hour time periods. (Your "top three" if you will)
* To make things harder, you cannot choose His birth or any period from the Last Supper on.
* If you have a blog, post this question, rules, and answer it there. If you would rather not spend a post quenching my curiosity, or if you do not have a blog, feel free to post your answer in the comments section of this post so we can all share.
* Put a link to your post in the comments section of this post so we can all share.
* Tag three other people.

If I could go back and watch any three hours of Christ's life I would choose the following...

The Boy Jesus in The Temple
Here Jesus is only twelve years old and he is found by his "astonished" parents sitting with the teachers at the temple listening and asking questions. The teachers are surprised by how much he knows. I would have loved to have heard those conversations. Can you just imagine? I would also have liked to know all that Mary and Joesph felt and had to say about it. It must have been an absolutely amazing experience for all those present on that day.
Blessing of the Children
We all know how much Jesus loved children. He wanted the children to come to him. I would have loved to stand back and watch as He blessed and interacted with them. I can just see they're Innocent sweet faces looking up at Him and Jesus with His loving arms reaching out to them. I think the time Jesus spent with the children would have been very touching, joyful, and beautiful to have seen.
The Return of Twelve and the Feeding of the Five Thousand
By now Jesus had thousands of followers who just want to be with him and hear him preach. They had no concern for themselves and many had walked miles without any thought of food but Jesus as always was thinking of them. Jesus took care of them as he always will take care of all of us. I think it would have been incredible to have been there that day. How blessed and safe all of those people must have felt to know Jesus was Christ the son of GOD!
Well, there you have it. That's how I would have liked to spend my three hours with Christ. I am now supposed to pick three people to tag for this meme, but instead, I would like to offer it to everyone who visits here. What three hours of Christ's life would you choose, and why? I would love to hear from you. If you decide to do this meme please leave a comment here so my dear friends and I can visit.
I hope all of you are having a lovely day ♥
with warmest regards, Carol

8 comments:

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eileen said...

I love this post, Carol.
I'm still not blogging but trying to visit here and there, so I'll just answer in my comment here.
I too would love to witness Jesus with the children. And I would like to have been there when He told the men that were about to stone the woman caught in adultery to cast the first stone only if they were without sin, and to hear Him say to the woman, "Neither do I condemn you." And I would like to be present during the exchange between Martha, Mary, and Jesus when Martha was fretting about the work that needed to be done for the guests while Mary sat and talked with Jesus (I actually have a painting of that scene, it was my grandmother's, and I often look at it and try to put myself into that scenario). There is so much more I'd want to witness too, but these three popped into my head first.
Great post, Carol!
Love to you,
Eileen

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Great post, Carol.

I would have to say the following...

The healing of the woman with the issue of blood (the sweet and loving Jesus). Here was the power that Jesus manifested on earth... the power to heal and to set people free. I would have loved to see the joy on that woman's face when she was healed after spending everything on doctors to be free of her disease. And all she had to do was touch the hem of His garment. What a fabulous miracle! :-)

The wedding feast where he was having fun, turning water into wine (the fun and social Jesus). I would love to know this lighter side of him. I would love to hear him laugh! :-)

And the time after the resuurection where he visited with the disciples because seeing Him then (the self-sacrificing Jesus, who loved us more than his own life and gave his life so that we might live) must have been more thrilling than words could ever express! And I would want to THANK him for his sacrifice.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Charli and me said...

What great answers! Thanks Eileen and sheila ♥

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good evening dearest Carol! Well for me, I have to say that it would be when Jesus raised Lazarus, when Jesus spoke with the Samaritan woman and of course, when he was a child just working in his father's carpenter shop. I would have loved to spend time asking him how he constructs things, what his interests were and then make something with him, his hands and see his creativity. How awesome that would be. Anita How is dear Charli? How are you?

Michael said...

Carol,
I think you are the first to mention our Savior with the Children - and what a happy scene that must have been!

I would have loved to have heard a 12 year old Jesus preaching in the temple. How truly astonished everyone must have been!

And the Feeding of Five Thousand ... I have often thought about that one. Aside from being a caring gesture (which you captured beautifully in your post), I would have liked to have seen how it actually happened!

God bless you!

The Muse said...

Beyond beautiful...
simply lovely!!!!
.....................
I want to type more...but I think I need to just go pray now.

So love you, for bringing His presence to my heart these early morning hours.

Vee said...

Yours are wonderful...what a thought. It may be too big a thought for me to comment on now...I'll ponder and get back to you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails