Thursday, February 11, 2010

Welcome to a Valentine Party!....



Welcome to a Valentine Party!....

For those of you who haven't heard, Laurie at http://bargainhuntingwithlaurie.blogspot.com/ is hosting a Valentine's party today here in blog land! That's right! And it's not to late to join the fun! All you have to do is write your post and then link up with the rest of us to celebrate Valentine's Day. You can share anything you would like from wedding pictures, to decor, tablescapes, and cards. The best part of the party is that even our pets are invited. Now I ask you, how cool is that? I hope you will come to the party or stop by and visit with some of the other gals. As always, thank you so much for stopping by here.





For those of you who don't know, this little girl is my dog Charli. We are a team and she goes just about every where I go. I say my dog but as you can see she is wearing a bib that says, 'My heart belongs to daddy.' Ha! That's because she has my hubby wrapped right around her furry little paw. All she has to do is give him a hug, or sit on his lap, and she gets all of the treats she wants. Charli is quite the diva and loves dressing up for just about any occasion.


For my part of the Valentine celebration I thought I would invite all of you to tea. I am serving Red Rose Original, Cinnamon apple, and Orange Spice tea today.

Don't you just love Valentine's Day? Just think! A special day set aside to let everyone know how much you like, love, and appreciate them. It just doesn't get better than that. As you can see love is in the air at our house. There seems to be hearts every where! Don't you just love those tiny cinnamon hearts, colorful conversation hearts, and yummy chocolate foil hearts that appear on the shelves in all of the stores at this time of year? I am serving chocolate foil hearts at our tea today.

One of my favorite things to do when I am having a Valentine's tea or party is to use those small Valentine cards that children take to school as seating cards. I think they look very festive, and besides, who wouldn't want to receive a Valentine at this very special time of the year. I found some charming baby birds at Michael's the other day and I thought they would be perfect to use for my seating cards. I know the birds are blue but I still think they look rather pretty.

































Since I knew you were coming I decided to bake
some cookies.

OATMEAL-CRANBERRY COOKIES
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup softened unsalted butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp. honey
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/3 cups dried cranberries
1 cup white chocolate chips
( I also added 1/2 cups chopped pecans)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in oats. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat until combined. Beat in eggs, honey, and vanilla until combined. Stir in cranberries, chocolate chips, and nuts.
Drop onto cookie sheet two inches apart. Bake 9 to 11 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely. Makes 42 cookies
-mixing bowl.com-

This is the Valentine's basket I have had for many years. I love it because the material in the basket has a very pretty vintage theme. I always use this basket on Valentine's Day, to either transport goodies I make or buy for the Valentine's parties we are invited to, or to store goodies for the parties we have here at home.


















Because all of you are so special, and my cookies turned out so delicious, I decided to make each of you a small bag to take home.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
Don't forget to stop by Laurie's to see what everyone else has been up to.
Thanks again for stopping by to visit Charli and me!
I hope all of you have a lovely day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

30 comments:

Vee said...

Oh boy! I'm glad that I didn't miss the party. Everything looks so festively Valentiney! ♥♥♥

Hope that the three of you enjoy a delightful Valentine weekend.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, Carol... look at Charli! She is so cute in her little bib. And look at how cute and fun and festive your table is and those treats! I'll be right over to get my cookies! ;-)

Happy Valentine's Day to you, Charli, and the mister...

XO,

Sheila :-)

SmilingSally said...

Carol, your decorations are excellent; even Charli is dressed. How I wish that I lived close enough to get those yummy cookies.

Have a great day!

Cathy said...

Lovely table!

I adore the polka dot runner and your basket of goodies looks wonderful and yummy!

Happy Valentine's Day!
XOXO
Cathy

Chandy said...

What a fun table, Carol! And Charlie looks oh-so-cute! That table is so fun, great times await you!

Just a little something from Judy said...

Just like you to share your Valentine's Day with us in such a beautiful and caring fashion. Tiny bags of cookies to take home...how sweet. Your table looks so festive and so perfect for this holiday about love. Charli must be so proud of her little outfit. I like how you shared that she goes almost everywhere with you. What a dear little companion she must be.

Hope you have a wonderful time celebrating this special holiday with those you love. I have been blessed by my visit here and the specially made bag of yummy sounding cookies.

KBeau said...

What a perfectly beautiful Valentine table. Love your idea for the place cards.

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Hi Carol, your table is lovely....all the reds are so pretty. The cookies look so yummy!

Happy Valentines Day to you!
Barb ♥

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Your table looks so beautiful!! So does Charlie!

Love how you decorated and made the cookies look so nice! Enjoy your weekend!

ellen b said...

Your table looks so great Carol. I love that runner and the idea to use valentines cards for place cards. What a cute little friend you have...

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Charli is just the cutest Valentine, and how pretty he posed for the camera. Did you have a treat in your hand, or does he always look at the camera with that smile? Your table looks so pretty, and I really heart that little sweetheart platter. Where in the world did you find that? Thank you so much for joining the party. laurie

Jenny said...

Charli is adorable. And your house looks so festive! That recipe sounds really scrumptious! Thanks for sharing your loveliness!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a pretty table and Charli is adorable. One of those cookies would be good about now.
Thanks for stopping by.

Madeline's Album said...

Thank you for sharing your cookie recipe with us. Your table is decorated so pretty. Miss Charli is her adorable self. Have a blessed evening and weekend. Madeline

Melissa Miller said...

~Ah! Charli is so adorable!

Your Valentine table is just beautiful as well. ~Lovely.

susan said...

Carol-Charli is adorable in the bib! We have a Charlie--a crazy springer spaniel granddog who is temporarily living with us! Using the valentines as place cards is such a good idea! Hope you all (Charli included) have a happy Valentine's Day !

JG said...

Oh wow! Thank you! Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies are just the BEST!!!

Your table is so festive. Enjoy Valentine's Day!

♥ Kathy said...

Your table setting is beautiful, the cookies look delicious and Charli is, as always, a doll! Happy Valentine's Day Carol ♥

Shelia said...

HI Carol! What a wonderful Valentine party you've had! Thank you for those delicious cookies! :)
Your table looks so pretty! I was in Michael's yesterday and saw those little birds! They look so cute.
Now look at little Charli - such a little darling! She sure does know how to pose.
Thank you so much for popping in to my party.
Be a sweetie and Happy Valentine to you and yours,
Shelia ;)

Duchess of Tea said...

Darling, wishing you a lovely weekend and a love filled Valentine’s Day.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Carol and Charli,
You cookies are TEMPTING looking and Charli, you certainly are the DIVA, wrapping that poor man around your paw! YOU GO GIRL!

Happy love day to all a y'all!!! Anita

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh yum! What a sweet treat! Love truly lives in the details.

Happy hearts day!

The Muse said...

hello dear carol! what a party! i don't know about you and charli..but i am one pooped puppy! lol...
too many cookies and too much dancing, for this recovering muse.

i loved the outfit charli wore to the party..she is always on the cusp of the fashion scene...how does she do it? :)

i love your bird figurines..the doves seems to be the final touch on your festive decor...i can just imagine your home is all a flutter with LOVE :)

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

So glad you came to visit me! I just love your puppy with the little bib! How cute....
Bentley needs a bib! I will have to look for one! I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's day!!

Chari said...

Hi Carol...

Ohhh...what a lovely post, my friend! Your Charli is just adorable in her pretty bib...too cute!!!

Well my friend, you have set one of the prettiest teas for Valentine's Day! I just love your table linens...love your pretty tablerunner and those gorgeous napkins! They just make the table for me! Ohhh...but I do love your pretty Valentine teapot...it's adorable!!! Such a beautiful table, my friend...thank you for sharing it with us...and being such a warm and gracious hostess! The cookies look scrumptious!

Also wanted to thank you for coming by and taking a peek at my Beloved Valentine tablescape and for leaving me such a sweet note!

Have a wonderful weekend and a fabulous Valentine's Day, my friend!

Chari @Happy To Design

Patriotic Mom said...

You have reminded me not to forget my little love tomorrow. After all they love us unconditionally all year. Your table is lovely and you have the prettiest table runner. Thanks for sharing the love, Joan

daylily777 said...

Very beautiful tablescape! Everything looks yummy!
Happy Valentine'Day !
Blessings,
~Myrna

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

I am running a wee bit late but just wanted to wish you a Happy Valentine's and to tell you how much I loved your Valentine setting at Laurie's party. And those cookies were just delicious! xo Lynn

P.s. Charlie is adorable!!!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh how festive everything looks at your house -- including Chali! Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's.

louise said...

The table setting looks heart-warming! Just catching up with you. I hope you enjoyed Valentine's Day with those you love. x

Related Posts with Thumbnails