Friday, March 5, 2010

And then there was one......


And then there was one.......

Those of you who have been following my blog know that my grandson Ryan and I have been painting bird houses for all of the holidays. It's been a lot of fun doing these little crafts with him, but guess what? He sold me out for a Wii. That's right! His mom and dad bought a Wii over the weekend and there was no way Ryan was going to come over to my house to paint a silly old birdhouse:>) Instead, he choose to bowl with his dad. I stopped over later that day to see how it was going. Ryan was doing a great job! It made me reallize that my little Ry is getting older and I'm losing my little crafter just like I did Jessica, Michael, and Thomas. I think this grandma better start learning how to play all of the Wii games just like I tried to learn guitar hero in the past :>) With Jessica there was always some kind of girlish thing to do.


I asked my hubby if he wanted to paint a bird house with me but he choose to watch a hockey game instead. Well I didn't let that stop me. I got out the paints any way and dressed up this little bird house my self. I think it looks rather festive.

And where was Charli while all of this was going on? She was perched in our living room on her new favorite look out post. Here she is looking to the left and then to the right. Believe me she doesn't miss a thing going on in our neighborhood.






I hope what ever it is your doing this weekend, your days are lovely and blessed in every way ♥ As for me, well right now I'm off to make some soda bread :>)
With warmest regards, Carol

16 comments:

GrandmaK said...

Tis lovely bird house just the same. Wishing you well too! Cathy

Elise said...

Lovely - just perfect. How clever you are !!!

Have a lovely weekend

♥ Kathy said...

A hockey game is way less important LOL the bird house turned out lovely and Charli is such a good girl!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh, warm wishes to you and the family, Carol...and Charli is as cute as ever as a little sentry at her look-out post! I can't get enough of Charli! Yum...soda bread. Love it all! I do not have a drop of Irish blood in me, but there is something about "Irish" that I just love! Have you ever seen the DVD Riverdance? There is a number where Irish and Spanish Flamenco come together and it is chillingly beautiful. Back home in California, I don't know how many Irish-Americans married Mexican-Americans...we love the combination of cultures!

Love to you, Anita

The Quintessential Magpie said...

So cute, Carol! I love the little house, and it looks like Charli is all cozy.

I can't wait to see you learn to do WII whatever that is. Ah, the things we do for love!

And don't worry, when they are older, they'll be back. I sure was!

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Muse said...

sold out for a wii?
LOL
LOL
oh poor gal...
(join the party) LOL
they get absorbed...
rule here at nanny's no video games.
first i was shunned...lol...but after a week or so, all was forgotten and forgiven :)

the birdhouse is too cute and Charli is a good Neighborhood Watch mascot!

Vee said...

Wonderful birdhouse! You are taking this all rather well, Carol. I might opt for a cup of chamomille and an early night. Ha! Yes, the children grow and the grands grow and, really, we'd have it no other way. Keep looking up!

Knitty said...

How cute! Having boys and a grandson on the way, I know what you mean about losing craft buddies along the way. They do grow up with an appreciation of handmade items because of those years together. Such happy memories!

Eileen said...

Great job, Carol!
And I can commiserate! Jayden already prefers Wii and his hand held computer games (whatever they are called!) and watching movies and TV shows to coloring and crafting! And he's only five! I get so happy when he puts down his game and asks me if I want to color with him or read to him!
Have a great weekend, Carol!
Love to you,
Eileen

SmilingSally said...

That's a darling St. Pat's day bird house, Carol, and Charli definitely has the best seat in the house.

Shelley said...

Your birdhouse turned out lovely!! I collect birdhouses and love to paint them too. My stepson stopped making them w/ me last year so I know how you feel! Please tell Charli that we love her St. Pats outfit and that we think she's the most fashionable dog ever!
Shelley & Scout

JG said...

Your festive birdhouse is so cute! Your craft buddy will return for another project.

Yes, we all get a tad older. Now, I am a volunteer Kindergarten reader in one of our town's elementary schools.

Last year I discovered you & Charli when I was "googling" for an Irish Soda Bread. Your soda bread is one tasty treat! All of my family enjoy it! I'll be making it on the 16th for the next day's breakfast.

Just a little something from Judy said...

This post struck a chord with me. How well I relate to this. I found the same thing with my fifteen year old grandson...Wii took over some of the simpler things we did together. But...like you, I stepped up to the plate and learned how to bowl, play tennis, and softball with Wii. You will too, and you with me will be "one cool grandma!"

Your birdhouse is beautifully done! Charli's seat by the window made me smile. He is the neighborhood watchdog:)

Michael said...

I am sad that you lost out to Wii, but on the bright side, your birdhouse is fantastic! Great job!

Rose said...

Hi Carol. I'm late playing catchup with people's blogs. I started babysitting my 4 yr. old grand daughter last week, a temporary situation. But it's gotten me tired out every night because of getting up so early to be there. It's like going back to work 8 to 4... full time hours! Yikes! Anyway, just wanted to say your birdhouse is lovely! And Charli reminds me of Maggie, sitting on the trunk in my front window keeping an eye on the neighborhood and all the little critters running through it! Oh, and my gk have a Wii also... and when you can't beat 'em you have to join 'em!! It's fun and I like the bowling too (better at it on a game than in the real alleys)! As usual, wonderful post!

skippinginthemeadow said...

the bird house is absolutely darling! xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails