Monday, March 1, 2010

It all started with a leaky wash machine hose!...


It all started with a leaky wash machine hose!...

Last week I walked into my laundry room to find water all over the floor. I hate when that happens! Thank goodness it was only a leaky wash machine hose that could easily be corrected thanks to my husband, Mr. Fixer. After cleaning the floor I decided it was time to tidy up the laundry room. I had cabinets and drawers neatly filled with clothes we have had for many years because my hubby doesn't like to part with anything. He was so good about helping me sort things out. I was very surprised that he actually agreed to give away a pile of things, unless of course, he's snuck out into the garage and brought it all back in a little at a time when I haven't been looking. He's been notorious about that sort of thing in the past. Well, our little project went so well that I actually got him to sort through the clothes and things in our closets. It wasn't so much that our closets were messy as that they were packed with clothes and coats from as far back as the sixties in some cases. Now my closets look beautiful, spacious, and roomy. Even little Charli's closet got a make over:>) I will have to show you a picture of it some day. All of her clothes and hats hang on little hangers arranged according to the holidays and seasons.
I don't know about you but we have many boxes of pictures and things we have collected for our children through the years. I made a pile for each of them and I have been slowly giving them they're old report cards, papers, and projects. I had even kept some of they're grade school Valentine's cards. Needless to say, it was a very nostolgic week for me going through all of these things.
As I was going through our pictures I found some pictures of my hubby and I. I know I don't usually post pictures here but since these are so very old, and some of you have shared your older pictures, I thought you might like to see what we used to look like :>)

These are pictures of my hubby and I way back in the sixties the year before we got married the first time. I think I have told you before that we eloped and then remarried later in our church.

Where has all the time gone?
The picture at the bottom is of my hubby and I around the time our youngest son graduated from high school many years ago.

Of course we are a lot older now. Instead of saying we have gained weight, have gotten pounchy, and became much grayer, let's just say we have aged and matured :>)
Forty five years later, and with all of life's ups and downs, I can honestly say my hubby is still the one for me ♥
That's it! No more strolls down memory lane for me. I have a lot of things to do to get ready for Saint Patrick's day and spring!
I hope all of you have a beautiful and blessed day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

10 comments:

♥ Kathy said...

I just love those pictures Carol! Happy Monday ♥

SmilingSally said...

Carol, you are a beautiful woman--then and now. I love organized closets and drawers. With the move, my house is fairly well in order. However, I have that HUGE box of photos to dig in to. I've made up my mind that I am NOT going to place them all into albums, but simply organize them by year.

Vee said...

That was loads of fun, you cutie pies, you! Ugh, don't you just hate these little disasters that make us make choices like cleaning out closets. Course a closet should be considered prime real estate... Cute post!

Wanda said...

I enjoyed your stroll down memory lane, Carol. You made a very cute couple. Husband and I were married in 63. We may all be older, but we're happy, content, and full of memories. ♥

Madeline's Album said...

I love your pictures you are a very handsome couple. Glad your trouble with the washer was easy to fix. Thank you for your visit and comments to my last post. We have been having cold weather, and they say we may have snow either tonight or tomorrow, but there are signs of spring, daffodils are blooming. Have blessed day. Madeline

Knitty said...

I just went down memory lane via photos last night. I like your choice of words "aged and matured". They sound much better than some other adjectives!

Just a little something from Judy said...

I spent all afternoon organizing closets, so I could appreciate this post. My life is always happier when I am organized.

I accidently combined the two posts. My comments for your walk down memory lane are on the next post. I must be too tired to comment, although I just had to when I read your posts.

I like all of your green for St. Patrick's Day.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

CAROL!!! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! I am so happy to see these pictures of you and Mr. Carol!!! And I love that Charlie has a closet of her own! I LOVE CHARLI! SHe will always be one of my favorite dog bloggers!

Thank you for this charming post down your memory lane!

45 years, huh? Ruben and I will be celebrating our 28th this Saturday!

Anita

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Wonderful pictures and 45 years! That is such a wonderful love story....growing more mature together is such a blessing!

MARIA said...

Lovely and very pretty couple!
My best wishes to you both!

Thank you for sharing Carol!

Related Posts with Thumbnails