Monday, March 22, 2010

A little bit of this and that......


A little bit of this and that.....

Good morning everyone! I hope all of you are doing well. It looks like it's going to be another beautiful day here in Michigan. The birds are singing and the sun is shining. It's been very busy at our house. I have been taking down my Saint Patrick's Day decorations and getting ready for Easter. My menu is planned and the eggs have been stuffed for our annual Easter egg hunt. Like many of you, I'm excited to be welcoming in spring!
It seems like we have bunnies all over the house. They do seem to multiply don't they?
Speaking of Saint Patrick's Day, it was very quiet as usual here at our house. We like to celebrate by having a nice dinner at home and listening to music.
Several weeks ago we did have the opportunity to go to the village with my brother and sister-in-law. We had such a wonderful time! Our local historical village hosted an Irish jam fest. Members of the Detroit Irish Musical Society were invited to come to the village along with any one else who could fiddle or sing. The musicians played all of the traditional Irish music that I love so much. I video taped a session for all of you but for some reason I cannot get the video to up load here. In between songs and jigs everyone shared stories of Ireland and talked about the various instruments used in traditional Irish music. There were even sing alongs although I didn't participate which made my family extremely happy. It was an absolutely perfect way to spend the afternoon.

Later that day we went to an authentic Irish pub for dinner. The pub was designed by the Prairie Pub Company, one of only five Guinness approved authentic Irish pup builders in the world. The floors are one hundred and forty years old. It has some other very unique features such as the fact that all of the stained glass and wrought iron used in the construction was taken from crumbling churches through out Ireland. The pub is considered up scale and known for it's authentic Irish cuisine. I have included part of a menu so you can see some of the wonderful dishes they serve. They also have a number of more american dishes with Irish names of course :>) You can click the picture to enlarge if you like. The pub has been voted best Irish food in Detroit for two years running.























I took Ryan's Leprechaun trap over to his house the day before Saint Patrick's Day. Low and behold he almost caught one of those little fellows. The trap had been tripped and there were little sheds of green clothing in the trap. Do you know what that tricky little character did? He left Lucky Charms all over the place. On a good note he also left a yummy Saint Patrick's Day cake for everyone to enjoy. You just never know what those little guys will do. One year when I was growing up one of them left shamrock cookies in our mail box.
"Well I waited all day and I didn't see any Leprechauns and I didn't get any treats" "Oh Charli... You get enough treats. In fact, if grandpa doesn't quite sneaking you treats we are going to have to put you back on the tread mill!"
Happy Monday everyone!
Madeline, I am so glad your home from the hospital and doing better ♥
God bless all of you ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

12 comments:

Knitty said...

I think I ate there once. I wasn't the driver and was busy chit chatting in the back seat during a convoluted drive there (you'd have to know my friends who have trouble getting from point A to point B without a tour guide holding their hands)

Today started out fine but has turned chilly and windy. The March wind doth blow, doth't not? I should leave the funny speak alone.

♥ Kathy said...

I bet Charli does get plenty of treats :D I would spoil the cutie pie rotten if she was mine! It sounds like you had a really good time...I'm so glad ♥

Rose said...

Spring weather here has turned colder again... it was nicer last week. But I know warmer weather will show up again soon. Got to say,Charli looks very fetching in her spring bonnet!

Vee said...

What a good day! Music and food...what's not to love. That menu looked great. I know that my hubby would want the lobster with the cream and all that jazz. I think that I could settle for the Shepherd's Pie. Glad that a leprechaun was very nearly captured...such mischief!

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

Looks like alot of fun Grandma! Glad you enjoyed it. I just love your spring time wreath on your door. It is so pretty! I wish the warmer weather would have stayed, it was so nice to see the sun shining again! :)

Elise said...

Another gorgeous post - thank you

Eileen said...

Carol, I almost did a post today with the title "This And That"! Only half my pictures wouldn't load, so then I went an altogether different direction and pilfered from another blogger friend.

I enjoyed your post so much! And I have loved reading how you celebrate St. Patrick's day, and all your preparations and decorating over these past few weeks. And of course I get wonderful ideas from you all the time!

I'm glad you all enjoyed the day, and I like the sound of a nice quiet dinner at home!
Love to you,
Eileen

Wanda said...

Your Bunny Cookie Jar is exceptionally nice, Carol and I love your Spring Wreath! You always have such nice holiday decorations! Happy Spring!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello Carol and Charli! We missed you! Charli, you look pretty darn cute in that Easter bonnet! Carol, it seems like you had a marvelous time with your family....enjoy this lovely early spring weather. Bisous, Anita

Jill said...

You write like you are chatting with good friends. Your blog is very welcoming!

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

That pub sounds like such a neat place. I love places like that where you can enjoy interesting decor as well as good food. I also love that they rescued windows from churches that were being torn down. laurie

GardenofDaisies said...

Your day in the village sounds delightful! I would have loved that! And the Irish Pub with the great food and interesting architectural salvaged details... I just think it's great that they are preserving a part of Ireland's culture.

Related Posts with Thumbnails