Thursday, March 25, 2010

My very first Cloche party attempt and an Easter Tablescape.....


My very first Cloche party attempt and an Easter tablescape

Although I have shown you this glass container and wreath in a previous post I have never really tried to make an arrangement of my own before. Therefore, I was very excited to learn about the cloche party being held here in blog land on April second. Even though I don't actually own a cloche I thought my glass container would do. After deciding I would join the party I realized it was being held on Good Friday and I typically don't post or use my computer during the holy hours. I will be shutting down my computer on Wednesday evening and I won't be back on it until after Easter.
I will leave the cloche party information on my sidebar though in case any one would still like to participate along with a picture of my arrangement.
My arrangement was actually very simple to make. I just set a ceramic bunny on a styrofoam block in the center of the glass and covered the block with some multicolored Easter grass. Then I added a nest, a few eggs and several jelly beans. I think it turned out rather cute.
Almost everything I used for my Easter tablescape were things I already had. I did purchase the bunny plates on sale at Kroger's. Instead of the usual napkin rings I thought it would be fun to paint wooden flowers and set them on my napkins. After I finished painting the flowers I added a different type of foam art to each one. I think I will be able to find lots of other ways to use these flowers during the spring and summer seasons. The Easter eggs sitting on the table are the ones I painted and decorated last week.






I am getting a lot of use out of my little photo birds. In addition to tablescapes I use them as decorations on my mantel. I recently have been making my own seasonal place cards. Sometimes I will add best wishes, part of a song, or part of a poem to them. After I'm finished I insert them into the clip on the top of the bird instead of using a photo.


This little bunny dish is one of my favorite candy dishes.














I have very old silver candlesticks that I absolutely love. Even though they show a little wear and tear I think they are still beautiful. I use them all of the time. My tea lights are in the shapes of tulips and they look very spring and festive when lit.

Do you remember those little plastic candy baskets that you could get back in the sixties? Well, I just loved them! I used them for so many different things. Unfortunately I don't think any one makes them any more. I found these tea light holders in several different colors at Hallmarks about six years ago. For some reason they remind me of those plastic baskets. In addition to using them as tea lights I also use them as candy baskets.






























I hope you have enjoyed seeing my arrangement and tablescape.
Now I'm off to make some carrots.
"What about me! Aren't you going to show them my Easter outfit?"
"Oh, that's right, but Charli I thought you didn't like your Easter outfit?"
"Well I do like my dress but I don't think I like my hat."
"Charli you are so fussy!"
I hope all of you have had a good day ♥
Are you all set for Easter? I would love to hear from you.
With warmest regards, Carol

13 comments:

MyThoughtsMyVoice said...

Hello Carol,

I llooovveeeeeeeeee your table! So cute, adorable, very pretty! Love the bunnies and eggs and flowers. I don't think I will be able to pinpoint one favorite at all LOL OK, maybe that green plate with different kinds of Easter eggs as a design in the middle. Yes, I'll choose that one :-)

Mizpah and advanced Happy Easter (although every Sunday is like little Easter, right?,
Li

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

WE WANT TO SEE CHARLI'S OUTFIT.....MORE, MORE, MORE! COME ON OUT CHARLI!!! Lovely post and cloche, Carol! So much fun to be had....

Madeline's Album said...

I love you table setting. Very festive. Have a blessed day.. Madeline

Eileen said...

Such a happy tablescape! It's all so pretty! I love the colors and I love the cute bunny plates, and your egg plate is so pretty too, and you did a wonderful job on painting your wooden flowers. They look great!
And your cloche is great too, I've seen some of those cloche parties and I'm always amazed at the creations. Yours makes a wonderful Spring/Easter centerpiece.

And Charli is just so adorable in each and every outfit!
Thanks for sharing all this, it's inspiring me to get busy around my own home!
Love to you, Eileen

The Muse said...

my grand daughter is prompting me... lol as we are blogging together over the phone.... !

she and i both love the colors :) how bright and beautiful. of course we both adore charli and she is wondering what charli was up to while you were so busy creating.

(i made up a fairytale regarding that matter...lol) the prerogative of a nanny is worth its weight in gold :) lol

for your very first cloche, i dare say my friend, you have shined like the sun of spring!

SmilingSally said...

How pretty everything is Carol. Your hurricane lamp makes a good cloche substitute. Happy Easter!

Just a little something from Judy said...

Your soft pastel colors, the many cute dishes, your hurricane light, your beautiful tablecloth...it all looks so pretty and festive on your table. Your family is truly fortunate to have you in their lives. Charli is cuter than the real Easter bunny!

♥ Kathy said...

Maybe Charli will grow to love the hat :) I think your table is so pretty Carol and I love the cloche design you came up with!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Carol,
That is an absolutely wonderful Easter table! I love your cloche, the cute plates, the bunnies,eggs and flowers! Wonderful!
Cindy

skippinginthemeadow said...

a delightfully festive post! how beautiful everything!! is and it has really made me smile :o)
thank you so much for your kind words on my blog dear Carol...so appreciated.

easter hugs xxx

sumea

Duchess of Tea said...

Carol darling what a lovely Easter table you have set here and your background is adorable, everything is so Eastery and fresh looking. Hope you weekend is all that you planned for, Take care my friend.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Rose said...

You remind me so much of a close friend of mine here near me. She is always coming up with great decorating ideas and new recipes. A truly amazing talent, and definitely a God given gift. You both have it. Love seeing what you come up with for each occasion!

Michael said...

You have once again put a big smile on my face. Your table looks great! Have a blessed Holy Week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails