Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Holy Hours and an update on Charli......


The Holy Hours and an update on Charli.......
Due to the Holy Hours Charli and Me will have no further postings or be on the computer until Easter evening or there after. I hope all of you have a very blessed and joyful Easter. I will miss all of you while I am away......
An update on Charli......
I cannot even begin to tell you how stressful this week has been. Three days ago Charli started vomiting out of the blue. At first I didn't think much about it but as the vomiting continued and she became listless I grew increasingly concerned. I called our vet only to find out he was unavailable and no one else seemed to want to take Charli on short notice because she wasn't a regular patient. I finally found the most wonderful veterinarian Hospital that was willing to see her. Charli was placed on IV fluids and given medication to help with the vomiting. She was sent home with instructions to offer only very small amounts of water and home cooked chicken. She was also placed on Pepcid AC. When she was able to hold down the chicken and water that evening I thought the worst was behind us. Then yesterday she started expelling bright red blood from her rectum. (A lot of bright red blood) At this point the physician thinks she may be having an acute pancreatitis attack which is apparently common in the schnauzer breed. We will no more this morning when all of her labs come back. She is now on antibiotics and also a medication to reduce the inflammation in her bowel. We have also added rice to her diet because of it's anti inflammatory affects. Getting Charli to eat the rice and take her pills has been a real challenge but we are managing. There has been no further vomiting or stools since yesterday morning which hopefully is a good sign.
Again, I will miss all of you very much.
Thank you so much for all of your prayers and well wishes......

With warmest regards, Carol

22 comments:

Shelley said...

Bless you and Charli and your family this Easter! I will be praying for Charli's recovery! (Her symptoms sound exactly like Scout's when she ate that rawhide. I had to feed her rice and boiled chicken too.) Tell that Easter Bunny to treat Charli extra special!
Hugs,
Shelley

Eileen said...

Carol, I'm so sorry to hear about Charli. I missed your last post so this is the first I'm reading of it. I'll say a prayer that your little dear gets well. Poor thing. And poor you! I know how this weighs on you.

I hope you and your family have a very Blessed Easter, Carol. And I will look forward to your post after Easter and look for good news about Charli.
Love and Prayers,
Eileen

Rose Haven said...

Have a Blessed Easter.

We will be praying for Charli and you, too, Carol.

Jan

Anne said...

You have a blessed Easter to! I'm praying that Charli will be ok.

Vee said...

All the best, Carol. It sounds as if there's a good diagnosis and that Charli will be fine with your tender loving care. I can only imagine how stressful it has been. Have a restful, pleasant weekend remembering that He knows how scary it is for us. (That's a thought shared at Brenda's Coffee, Tea, Books and Me.)

Sue said...

We are sending good healing thoughts to Charli. We'll be waiting to hear more on her condition next week.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

My dear, precious Carol...I had seen your previous post and my heart is out to you and Charli dear...and now to hear more of the details is so heart-wrenching. Let's hope and pray that the rice and pills are having a healing effect on her. Have a soothing, comforting Easter and I hope that our little Easter princess will perk up soon. Anita

♥ Kathy said...

Poor Charli :( I'm so sad that she's sick. I hope she gets better soon! Happy Easter ♥

Rose said...

Sending prayer for you and Charli. God is good.

sunshine said...

Poor Charli. I will keep the little one in my prayers. :(

I hope that she is better and you can enjoy your Easter weekend.

Take care,
((Hugs))
Laura

Just a little something from Judy said...

I am so sorry to hear about Charli. I feel bad that I have not visited here the last two days, and missed this difficult situation. Really my prayers are with you all as you are hopefully on the mend. She must wonder what is happening to her. Thinking of both of you.

Just a little something from Judy said...

Wishing you all a very blessed Easter as you remember the events of the most important week in history. And, wishing Charli a full recovery. She deserves a big Easter basket.

inspirações da Jô said...

Loved friend Carol,
God willing, Charli remain good soon !!!!!! I was sad to hearI because I don´t want to see you sad, you merit happiness for the person that's sweet!! I wish you a Happy Easter with much love !!!!!!! Kisses and a hug !!!!!!!

Ruthie said...

I will continue to pray for Charli. Will be awaiting good news after Easter.
Have a blessed Easter!
Ruthie

Blessings each day said...

Will be praying for poor little Charli as well as for you...what a rough time you have been having.

Wish our little furry bundles could talk to us as Tinkabelle had a vomiting episode yesterday herself but she is better today.

May you be blessed with a peaceful and healthfyl Easter for all of you!

blessings and love,

marcy

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Just doing my rounds....how is our little patient? I am worried about her! Anita

MARIA said...

I wish you a Happy and Healthy Easter!

Micki said...

So sorry about Charlie. I am sure that with your loving care, he will be fine. I know how worried you must be.
Micki

Knitty said...

Gentle hugs for Charli and blessings to all in your family.

Duchess of Tea said...

Carol darling, don't worry, Charli will be fine, I just know it. I will include Charli in my special Sunday prayer. In the meantime, try to relax and have a blessed and joyous Easter my friend.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

fiberdoodles said...

Carol, Max and I send you and Charli love and prayers. We hope she is feeling better soon! A big hug to you!!

Louise said...

Sending a big hug for Charli. x

Related Posts with Thumbnails