Monday, April 5, 2010

A little bit of Easter, an update on Charli, and a thank you!......




A little bit of Easter, an update on Charli, and a thank you!


I hope all of you had a truly lovely Easter. I know we did at our house. I was thinking of all of you ♥ I was going to start making my rounds visiting first but I know you are concerned about our dear little pooch.


I wanted to share a picture of our butter lamb. Isn't it just the sweetest thing! It's one of our most cherished family Easter traditions. I've written about it several times here in the achives of my blog.


I thought you might like to see a picture of my beautiful tulip arrangement. I think it's so pretty. Isn't the bunny and that little egg precious?


















This was our official Easter bonnet cake. In addition to being just lovely it was also very delicious.


I would like to take this this opportunity to thank all of our children and grandchildren for making our Easter celebration so special. Your just the best! Thank you so much ♥










Every year my mother-in-law would make these darling little birds nest cupcakes for all of
her grandchildren at Easter. The only thing different are the bunnies and chicks I placed on top. Our children always looked so forward to these cupcakes. On the way to grandma's house they would talk about them wondering if she had made them again that particular year. Grandma-birds nest cupcakes-love! Wonderful and cherished family traditions from the heart ♥






Here is a picture of our dear little Charli when she was so sick last week. We removed her collar so she would be more comfortable. When Charli is ready to go to bed every night we always remove her collar. My dad used to say, "What if you were a dog? Would you want to have that collar hanging around your neck all the time?" Charli is still not completely recovered yet but she is doing much better! She vomited again last night which is some what concerning. She remains on the antibiotics and chicken with rice diet. The good news is that her labs came back and she presents as a very healthy pooch. She has no signs of Pancreatitis which the vet originally thought she might have had. She does have a bacterial infection. If she continues vomiting she may need x-rays and barium studies. My hubby things she may just have gotten excited due to Easter and all of the activity here. The vet said she was not contagious so all our grand dogs were able to attend our Easter celebration too.


This is the picture of Charli I took today. She is sporting the pretty new scarf her doctor gave her because she was such a good girl when she had to have her blood drawn. The vet also took her picture for the digital photo frames they keep in all of their examination rooms. Charli even has her own link to her vet now. When I go there I am able to see her personal file and pictures. The staff also sent her a welcome to the office card that every one who works there signed. To tell you the truth I have never been to a veterinarian office quite like this one. It was a totally new experience for me. I will have to write a post about it some day and ask if them if I can take a few pictures for my blog. I think you will be amazed. Everyone at the office fell completely in love with Charli. They were carrying her all around and asking her for hugs and kisses. Even though Charli loved all of the attention BIG TIME I hope we don't have to go back any time soon.
Well, I'm off to take down tables and chairs. I have to put away my Easter decorations and tidy up the house.
Thank you so much for all of your kindness, get well wishes, and prayers for Charli ♥ It really meant a lot to us.
With warmest regards, Carol

18 comments:

♥ Kathy said...

That Easter bonnet cake is too cute! I'm sorry Charli is still throwing up :( I hope she gets completely better soon!

Vee said...

Awww, sounds as if this vet is right on top of the situation. Charli looks pretty spiffy in her new scarf. I hope that this vet allows you to share more about the clinic there as it sounds fascinating.

Rose said...

I am so glad you hade a wonderful Easter with your family. And also glad Charli is on the mend. Praying for a speedy recovery for her!

Just a little something from Judy said...

Just as I expected, you had lots of beauty and creativity at your Easter celebration. And, I can imagine that your heart was so happy that little Charli was on the mend. I love how you talk about her so endearingly. She is one very fortunate family pet. You have an interesting way of sharing your stories. Thank you for sharing parts of your family's Easter holiday together.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH CAROL...first of all, I am so happy that your celebration was a memorable one with all your dear grandchildren and granddogs! The entire family together....now that is what these celebrations are about. And I am so happy to hear that Charli is on the mend. We love her so much; she is a special little girl and she is so pretty because you love her so. I know that you will keep us in the know if any new developments arise. Why she is vomiting is a mystery, but I pray that God will guide her little path as well, for He knows how special she is to everybody! Another sweet blogger who has a beautiful lab and kitty also had a scare with them this weekend but her animals seem to be much better now too.

God bless you and thank you for coming to visit me.

Fondly, Anita

GardenofDaisies said...

Your Easter bonnet cake was sooso pretty!
Sorry to hear Charli has been ill. Get well soon little Charli!

zetor said...

Hope Charli is thoroughly recovered soon. Happy Easter to you all, and I love that Easter cake!!!

skippinginthemeadow said...

firstly i am so happy to hear that Charli is on the mend. i had sick animals too over easter and know how worrying it can be.
i can fully understand the vetenary staff falling in love with your girl, she is so absolutely adorable! they sound like such a loving and caring vets, i'm am so glad Chali had such good care from them and of course i know she gets the very best attention from her mummy.
now on to your easter traditions...i always love reading your blog and one of the things is especially love is that you really know how to celebrate :o) your easter traditions are so sweet! not to mention delectable. i am so glad you and your family had a lovely easter.

lots of love and hugs and special hugs for dear, sweet Charli girl xxx

sumea

Knitty said...

Your new vet's office sounds like a wonderful experience. I hope Charli is completely better soon.

The cupcakes and cake look great!

Shelia said...

HI Carol. I'm so glad to hear our little Charli is on the mend. Poor little thing! I'll continue to pray for her and her Mommy - you! I know how it is to see your little pet baby suffering and not really be able to know what to do.
Your vet office sounds like a dream. How nice they took such good care of Charli and I'm not surprised they fell in love with her.
Now your Easterness looks wonderful. The bonnet cake is so pretty and love hearing about the tradition of those cute cupcakes.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anne said...

I hope Charli continues to feel better. She's such a cute little thing.

Shelley said...

All your Easter treats looks so pretty and yummy! I was hoping sweet little Charli was done throwing up. She looks cute as ever in her photos. Sounds like you have a very caring vet and that Charli is getting the best care! She is still in our prayers for a quick recovery.

Eileen said...

So glad that Charli is a little better and I hope she continues to improve! Sweet little thing!
And your vet sound wonderful! It's nice to have a place you feel comfortable with and feel that you can put your trust.

Your Easter celebration sounds lovely and I love all your decorations and all the great desserts and traditions! Really all so lovely! And great ideas for me to store away for next year, thank you!

God Bless!
Love to you,
Eileen

SmilingSally said...

I love your butter lambs, Carol. I looked for one last year, but none were available in this part of the country. I think it's a lovely tradition.

The cake is absolutely gorgeous!

My mom and (then me) used to make the birds nests cupcakes too!

I'm so happy to learn that Charli is recovering nicely.

SmilingSally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...

I'm so glad to hear that Charli is doing better. The vet clinic sounds very pleasant, a lot like they one we go to.

Your Easter trimmings are wonderful. I always enjoy your themed tables.

Micki said...

I am so happy that Charli is better, and he looks so smart in his kerchief.
Micki

Judi said...

Hi Carol
Poor Charli. I hope he is feeling even better tonight and doesn't vomit and doesn't have to visit the vet anymore even if they are kind to him.

The cupcakes are adorable. I will have to remember that...next year..*s*..

have a lovely evening
Judi

Related Posts with Thumbnails