Sunday, April 18, 2010

What a time to be feeling under the weather!


Oh dear.... What a time to be feeling under the weather!

April seems to be one of the busiest months in our family, besides June, and December. There is just so much to do with birthdays, anniversaries, and most of the time the celebration of Easter. Then there is spring cleaning and getting the flower beds up to par. I'm not complaining mind you. I feel incredibly blessed to be having all of these things to attend to, but it is definitely not the time of year to be feeling under the weather.


The past couple of weeks my husband has been sick and my allergies have been reeking havoc. We have been coughing and sneezing which has made it very difficult to sleep. I must be completely out of shape because this allergy season has knocked me for a loop. Of course it could also be all the antihistamines I've been taking. Then I've have one rambunctious little schnauzer to deal with. I always equate her to a two year old. Now that she is feeling better she has been raising cane and getting into everything :>) Thank goodness for that!

Things finally seem to be coming together. Although I'm still coughing yesterday I was able to get back on the tread mill for the first time in two weeks. I have lot's of things to share with you but I will leave them for other posts.

I just finished picking up the cake for my hubby's birthday party. All I can say is there is going to be a whole lot of roaring going on over here today. I can't say to much more as my family reads my blog.

It has seemed very weird to me not to be blogging. This has been the longest I've gone without writing a post. All I can say is that I've missed all of you. I look forward to stopping by to visit.
I hope all of you have a lovely and blessed day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

12 comments:

Michael said...

Feel better!

BALLET NEWS said...

Ah, I am so with you there. I find myself inside on a gorgeous day just because I've got a cold and my head can't stand the sun. Such a nuisance. Still, keeping busy seems to take my mind off it.... sometimes !

♥ Kathy said...

Happy Birthday to your husband. I hope he's feeling better and I hope you are too. I know the feeling! How is Miss Charli doing?

Knitty said...

I am so glad you are back. I was worried that something had happened to you, your hubby or to Charli. Allergy season hit with a vengeance his year, no doubt due to our strange weather.

Happy Birthday to your husband and a scratch behind the ears or on her tummy for Charli.

SmilingSally said...

I've reduced to posting only for Blue Mondays, Carol. Life got in the way.

Our weather is rainy today, but I'm grateful as our lawn needed to be watered. Johnny just fertilized a week ago, and now it'll be gorgeous!

Everyone's complaining about allergies because of the heavy pollen; perhaps that's part of your problem.

Just a little something from Judy said...

You sure have been missed. I kept wondering if everything was okay with you and Charli. So sorry to hear that you and your husband have been under the weather. Hope you soon are running circles around little Charli. Happy Birthday to you husband.

Rose said...

Sooo sorry to hear you have been under the weather! I hope you read your emails, as I sent you a very IMPORTANT one. Waiting to get your reply to it. Get well soon!!

MyThoughtsMyVoice said...

I guess it's ok that Charli is running about - she is now well :-) Now both you and your husband feel better now.

You're so busy, busy - I hope you will have a blast on your husband's birthday party (and I'm sure you will!)

Mizpah,
Li

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Carol,

I was just about to come visit you to see how everyone is, and there I see a new post....now I know where you have been! I am so glad to hear that Charli is on the mend and back to her old self, but you....allergies are just the worst thing....come over when you can; it is my birthday as well on Friday and I have a little fantasy celebration going on. Give Charli a pat for me, when she sits still long enough! Thank God for little wonders and rambunctous little dogs that we love!!!! Anita

Wanda said...

I did start to wonder where you and Charlie were off to!
Happy Birthday to your husband, Carol. Hope all under the weather feelings stay away!
♥...Wanda

Eileen said...

Oh, Carol, feel better!
Your husband too!
And wish him a very Happy Birthday for me!

I know what you mean about so much to do (the spring cleaning, the outdoor projects, the happy celebrations), we have a lot this month too, and I haven't been feeling 100% and I've had Jayden home sick all week. His allergies are so bad this season and then he got a virus on top of all that suffering! Poor kid, he was home and running a fever all week. Finally back to school today (I gave him his allergy medication this morning and my daughter gave him a treatment for his asthma last night).

I hope your household is well on the way to recovery and I hope you are not suffering too badly with your allergies. We all need relief!
All the best to you, Carol.
Love to you,
Eileen

Anne said...

We did have a roaring good time at the party! What a blast we all had! I'm so glad that you both and Charli to are feeling better. Have a splendid spring day! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails