Monday, April 19, 2010

The Woman Challenge.........


The Woman challenge.......

Some of you may have noticed 'The Woman Challenge' logo I have placed on my sidebar recently. 'The Woman Challenge' runs May 9 through July 3 of this year although you can join http://womenshealth.gov/ at any time. 'The Woman Challenge' is a fun way to better health in eight weeks.
With the activity tracker you can sign up to take the pledge with women all over the country. You can set your own personal goals, track your activity, earn virtual awards, and even receive a certificate if you meet your goals at the end of the challenge. You can also take health and nutritional quizzes, join a team if you desire, and receive weekly newsletters. I have provided the following link in case you are interested. http://www.womenshealth.gov/woman/
I don't know about you but I find as I am getting older it's becoming more difficult to lose weight and keep it off. I definitely do not feel as fit as I used too. Being a border line diabetic has not helped matters at all. I think this might be just the thing to get me motivated.
If you would like to join me in 'The woman Challenge' just pick up a button and grab your sneakers. Always remember to check with your physician before starting any exercise plan.
With warmest regards, Carol

7 comments:

Anne said...

What a great idea to get everybody motivated. I'll have to check out the link. Thanks for the info. And good luck to you. =)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good evening dearest Carol! Thank you for visiting my bday blog and having a slice of virtual cake...here is where we can really indulge with no side effects!!! Oh, one more year older for me, and while I can keep off the weight, my EYES are going on me!!! It really worries me because I love to read, write and draw. I remember a couple of months back, you gave some tips on how we could add certain foods to our diets to help promote good heart health; cocoa powder was one of the things you could add to your coffee...we have been adding a tablespoon of plain, non-processed cocoa powder to our vanilla greek yogurt. WOW! With some frozen sugar free raspberries, blueberries or cherries, this with almonds, raw oats and raisins is SUPER DUPER GOOD AND LOADED WITH ANTIOXIDANTS! So we are doing our best to make our 50s a good decade!

Thank you dearest, and with Charli around, you should be getting your share of exercise!!!

Anita

Eileen said...

Thank you, Carol, I was just thinking that I have to seriously do something about myself and not make my usual half-hearted attempts at health and fitness. I will definitely check this out!
You are so good to share this!
Best of luck to you!
Love to you,
Eileen

♥ Kathy said...

Good luck sweetie! I hope it works for you ♥

Vee said...

I'm not the least surprised, Carol, that you'd be spurring women on to action. I keep telling myself "someday."

MARIA said...

Great idea Carol!
Everybody needs motivation, especially me.
I know that good health is the best fortune.

God bless you!

Just a little something from Judy said...

I thought this post was most appropriate for me today. I am joining your challenge to health. Regular exercise is part of my daily life although the older I get, the more it feels like I have to work at it. I agree with you on that. Great motivation my friend! Is Charli excited to go on some more walks with you?

Related Posts with Thumbnails