Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Cinco de Mayo!.......


Happy Cinco de Mayo!......

Charli and Me would like to wish all of our friends south of the border a very happy and blessed Cinco de Mayo ♥

My hubby and I consider ourselves very fortunate in that we live in an area that is just a melting pot of diverse cultures, fabulous restaurants, and unique celebrations.
The week leading up to Cinco de Mayo has been filled with family celebrations, parades, and parties all over the Detroit area, and most especially in what is known as Mexican town.
Although we don't usually celebrate Cinco de Mayo in our family we do enjoy Mexican and Spanish cuisine. Last weekend Anne, Mike, Michael, Ryan, my hubby, and I went out to one of our favorite Mexican restaurants for dinner. It was wonderful. We had so much fun! The restaurant is known for it's flaming fajitas and believe me they are delicious! I have included the web site here in case you would like to see what other kinds of foods this wonderful restaurant has to offer http://www.panchovillas.net/


All of the chips and guacamole served at the restaurant are made on site. The chips are still warm when they reach the table.





As I said the restaurant is known for their flaming fajitas and they are my personal favorite. The fajitas serve two people and come with a choice of chicken, beef, or shrimp. They give you so much food that the fajitas actually serve four. My hubby and I always take half of our food home and have it for lunch the next day. I love the fact that when the fajitas are lit everyone yells "OLAY" much like you do "OPA" when saganaki is served in the Greek restaurants.

What ever you are doing in your area of the world I hope you have a fabulous day ♥
Again, happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!
With warmest regards, Carol

7 comments:

Eileen said...

Oh, Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Our family doesn't really celebrate the day either, but I'm very interested in all cultural celebrations!
Your area sounds great, and so does that restaurant!
Thanks for posting about it, I enjoyed reading it all. You always have so many interesting posts!
Love to you,
Eileen

JG said...

Usually I make Spanish Rice on this day. But, today we enjoyed the warm evening and had grilled cheeseburgers.

Today was a fun filled day.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh, being of Mexican heritage, I used to dance every year at some function or another...what great memories of my family eating the best Mexican food around....Thank you Carol and Charli!! Anita

Anne said...

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Your pictures turned out so well. What a great post!

Knitty said...

I am so glad you mentioned the restaurant's name. I will definitely try this place. :) Do you know of a Spanish restaurant in SE Michigan that you would recommend? We had a marvelous meal in FL at a place in a strip mall, very unassuming from the exterior and easily overlooked if we had not been guests of locals there.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Carol! I'm so sorry Charli has been sick, and I'm glad to read that she's better and that you found a wonderful new vet! :-)

I don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo either, but lots of folks in Florida do. I know that a friend of mine was going to a party that some of the people from her school were throwing, and it sounded like the food was going to be out of this world good!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Just a little something from Judy said...

Celebrating this holiday would be fun for all of us. We love this type of food! In our county, I do not hear about anyone celebrating Cinco de Mayo. Thank you for sharing this special day with us. The restaurant you shared, would most definitely be one of our first choices, if we visited your city. Hot and made on the premises nachos...what could be better! I learn so much from you and your blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails