Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Tips for a better life......
Tips for a better life.....
Recently I recieved an e-mail from a friend that included some tips for a better life. I thought they were worth sharing here....
* Take a 10 to 30 minute walk a day and while you walk, smile.
* Sit in silence at least ten minutes a day.
* Sleep seven hours a night.
* Live with the tree E's, energy, enthusiasm, and empathy.
* Play more games.
* Read more books than you did last year.
* Drink plenty of water.
* Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and less foods that are manufactured in plants.
* Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a begger.
* Make time to meditate and to pray. They provide the daily fuel for our lives.
* Dream more while your awake.
* Smile, giggle, and laugh more often.
* Try to make at least three people smile every day.
* Don't waste precious energy on gossip.
* Don't have negative thoughts about things you can't control. Instead, invest your energy in the positive present moment.
* Spend time with people over seventy and children under six.
* Life is to short to waste it hating anyone.
* Don't take youself so seriously. No one else does.
* Forget issues of the past. Don't constantly remind your partner of his or her mistakes. This will ruin your present happiness.
* Realize that life is a school and we are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away, like an alegebra class, but the lessons you learn last a life time.
* You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
* Don't compare your self to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
* Make peace with your past so it doesn't spoil your present.
* Your job won't take care of you when you are sick but your friends will stay in touch.
* Forgive everyone for everything.
* What other people think of you is none of your business.
* Get rid of everything that isn't useful, beautiful, or joyful.
* However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
* Envy is a waste of time.
* You already have all that you need.
* The best is yet to come.
* No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
* Don't over do. Know your limits.
* Your inner self is always happy so be happy.
* Do the right thing.
* Call your family often.
* Each day give something good to others.
There you have it... A recipe for a good life :>)
Charli and I will be heading off to Pet Smart today for some dog food. "No Charli. You are not getting a new outfit." Gees!!! That dog thinks she's a little diva!
I hope all of you have a beautiful and sunny day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol