Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tips for a better life......


Tips for a better life.....

Recently I recieved an e-mail from a friend that included some tips for a better life. I thought they were worth sharing here....




* Take a 10 to 30 minute walk a day and while you walk, smile.
* Sit in silence at least ten minutes a day.
* Sleep seven hours a night.
* Live with the tree E's, energy, enthusiasm, and empathy.
* Play more games.
* Read more books than you did last year.
* Drink plenty of water.
* Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and less foods that are manufactured in plants.
* Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a begger.
* Make time to meditate and to pray. They provide the daily fuel for our lives.
* Dream more while your awake.
* Smile, giggle, and laugh more often.
* Try to make at least three people smile every day.
* Don't waste precious energy on gossip.
* Don't have negative thoughts about things you can't control. Instead, invest your energy in the positive present moment.
* Spend time with people over seventy and children under six.
* Life is to short to waste it hating anyone.
* Don't take youself so seriously. No one else does.
* Forget issues of the past. Don't constantly remind your partner of his or her mistakes. This will ruin your present happiness.
* Realize that life is a school and we are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away, like an alegebra class, but the lessons you learn last a life time.
* You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
* Don't compare your self to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
* Make peace with your past so it doesn't spoil your present.
* Your job won't take care of you when you are sick but your friends will stay in touch.
* Forgive everyone for everything.
* What other people think of you is none of your business.
* Get rid of everything that isn't useful, beautiful, or joyful.
* However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
* Envy is a waste of time.
* You already have all that you need.
* The best is yet to come.
* No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
* Don't over do. Know your limits.
* Your inner self is always happy so be happy.
* Do the right thing.
* Call your family often.
* Each day give something good to others.

There you have it... A recipe for a good life :>)
Charli and I will be heading off to Pet Smart today for some dog food. "No Charli. You are not getting a new outfit." Gees!!! That dog thinks she's a little diva!
I hope all of you have a beautiful and sunny day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

14 comments:

GrandmaK said...

A wonderful "to-do-list." Thank you!!! Please drop by as I have something for your! Cathy

Madeline's Album said...

I really like this list. After all I have been through I take each and every one to heart.. Have a blessed day. Madeline

sunshine said...

Wonderful list! :) Great advice.

Poor Charli! She needs a new outfit! :( LOL

((Hugs))
Laura

fiberdoodles said...

Great post! I'm going to print it off and read it often.

Happy shopping girls!
(psst - Charli, be sure to show us what you pick out. We know mom is a softie *wink)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

That is a wonderful list, Carol! I think every point is well worth it.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Eileen said...

I've received this in an email at times too, and I always think it is such a wonderful reminder of great tips. (I like all of them except the algebra analogy, I failed algebra, had to take it in summer school and failed it again! I don't want to fail in life like I did algebra! I never did take anything worthwhile away from that class, my mind just could never wrap around it!)

And I'll bet Charli gets a new outfit if MaMa spots something cute!
Have fun shopping!
Love to you,
Eileen

BALLET NEWS said...

yes, it's a great list but my goodness - it sounds exhausting !

Anne said...

What great tips to live by. Thanks for sharing. Hope your having a nice day to!

Vee said...

Yup, it's a great list. I like the one about walking and smiling. I have a friend who I am sure does just that.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh this is a must have list....I am familiar with most of these, but there are some NEW ones on there that were good reminders to me! THANK YOU CAROL! And did Charli get her way today? She has a way, I'm sure, of turning on the charm!!!! BISOUS to two dear friends, Anita

Happy Catholic said...

Love this list! What and angel you are for posting it - and for reminding me that I need to go get some more sleep.

Rose Haven said...

Great list Carol!!

Oh...get Charli a new dress!! (Can't wait to get our Rosie a dress!)

~Blessings,
Jan

Sue said...

A good list to keep in mind.

Ph come on, Mom, a girl needs a new outfit every now and then. Charli is one of the best dressed dogs I've ever known. Don't forget about Red Bandana Day.

Susie Q said...

Words to live by for sure! Ah gee Mom! No outfit for Charli??? She NEEDS one!!! :)
Love,
Sue

Related Posts with Thumbnails