Monday, May 3, 2010

Charli goes to visit her doctor...


Charli goes to visit her doctor...


As some of you know that follow this blog Charli was very sick a couple of weeks ago. When I called her regular veterinarian I was told he was unavailable, and after making several other phone calls where I was told none of those offices would take Charli because she wasn't one of their regular patients, I found a wonderful veterinarian who agreed to see her. Not only did this veterinarian agree to see her but since it is a hospital they have several veterinarian affiliations so there is always a doctor on call. This was a huge plus for me because what does one do if their animal sustains an injury or as in Charli's case becomes ill and needs to be seen right away?
I am very happy to report that Charli is doing just fine now. She is a very healthy 11.1 pound sassy little schnauzer again. Our new veterinarian says she is a perfectly healthy and fit five year old pooch.
While in the process of transferring Charli's records from our previous veterinarian to our new one it was noted that Charli was due for a couple of boosters so it was off again to our new veterinarians office. This time for a wellness visit :>) This time I also managed to snap a few pictures to share with you.
The first thing you see when you pull into the drive way is a beautiful area for the dogs to walk and play in. They kennel some dogs and cats here and occasionally you will see staff out walking with the dogs. As you can see the area is kept in tip top condition.


This little fellow greets you as you walk in the door. For some reason Charli thinks this dog is real. The minute she sees it she starts barking and wagging her tail. Isn't that little scarf cute?








Once inside the reception area the first thing you notice is how pet friendly and clean it is. All of the rooms, as well as, the reception area have borders of different kinds of animals. I love the curtains on the minion bar windows. It reminds me of a little house. Someone has done a very good job putting all of the information posters together. Notice the mats on the benches. Everything seems to be geared towards making your pets visit as comfortable and stress free as possible.

"Oh boy. I don't know about this. Wasn't I just here a couple of weeks ago? I think I want to go home."














This poster contains a lot of the good things people have had to say about visiting here. I love all of the animal cut outs. The hospital has been voted one of the top veterinarian offices in our area. I didn't know that at the time I called them but Charli and I have certainly had a positive experience so I can see why.




The office has an official web site with a pet portal connection so that we are constantly connected with them in some way. Charli has her own little web page through the portal. Her picture is down loaded there as well as all of her health records. It contains information like what type of dog food she is on, allergies, booster updates, and any health related problems. The portal also contains a wealth of educational material and news alerts pertaining to dogs in her case. Appointments can be made through the pet portal and prescriptions renewed if needed. The office can communicate with us through the portal and we can communicate with them. If you are one who travels a lot with your animals this would be an excellent site to have at your disposal in case of injury or illness on the road.


"Well, here I am back in this room again. I wonder what they are going to do to me this time."


The examining rooms also have benches with cushions. This is really nice for Charli because she hates those cold steel examination tables.
















Here and there are framed stories about animals and their owners. We arrived very early so it was not turned on yet but the examination rooms contain digital picture frames with images of all of the patients who come here. See it sitting on the filing cabinet?








They have stuffed animals on some of the counters and in the examining rooms to make every little pooch who comse here feel right at home.
There are also little jars of treats sitting on the counters. Dogs love that extra touch for sure.

















I have never been in such a clean office area. Even the floors are spotless.
The staff has been absolutely wonderful to Charli and me. When Charli was so sick the veterinarian called me two days in a row just to see how she was doing.
The best part about finding this office is that the prices are comparable to other offices in our area. It's true that most of us don't like change. I know I tend to get stuck in a rut sometimes but in this case change is good. Hum..... Maybe it's time for me to find a different doctor for myself.
I hope you have enjoyed the tour of Charli's new doctor's office. Hopefully we won't be going back there any time soon but it is comforting to know if we had to we have found great and caring place that is just a phone call away.
I hope all of you are having a bright and sunny day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

8 comments:

Channon said...

We made a vet change at the very end of 2009 for similar reasons. While our new practice is notably more expensive, we feel we are getting plenty of value.

Just a little something from Judy said...

Wouldn't everyone love to have access to a vet like this one. You can tell that they really care for you and your dear pets. I am impressed with this operation. So happy that Charli is feeling herself again.

Eileen said...

My goodness, this vet office is nicer than some of the pediatrician offices I've been in! It really must feel good to walk in there with Charli, to know that she's not only getting good care, but to have such a nice environment for her to be treated in too!
I'm happy for both you and Charli!

Great tour!
And so happy Charli is 100% again!
Love to you,
Eileen

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Carol, this is a dear post....and Charli is quite the model. She poses and sits and looks so pretty; and she knows it, doesn't she???::)))))

I am so relieved to know that she has been deemed in tip-top shape. God bless you both dear friend. Anta

Wanda said...

Your sweet Charlie must feel like she's visiting a spa with so many amenities, Carol! Such a special place!
...Wanda♥

MARIA said...

First of all
great that Charli is feeling well.
I'm sooo happy. When I was younger I had dogs and cats, but now ... you know ..it is difficult for me.
Can I adopt Charli as my online darling? (smile)
I never saw such beautiful vet office... good for you and for Charli. Really like a SPA.

Blessings for you and your family!

Rose said...

Great news about Chari! So glad she is doing fine now. She sure looks good too!! It's always great also to find a terrific vet and in such a nice office besides. I take MaggieMae to a vet who attends the same church I do, a wonderful woman. She has at least one other vet on staff there and they are both terrific with MaggieMae. Couldn't ask for better!

Madeline's Album said...

Looks like you have found a great vet.
Glad Charli is ok. Have a great day. Madeline

Related Posts with Thumbnails