Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Banners, Banners, every where!.......


Banners, Banners, every where!......

It seems like banners are becoming more popular than ever in this blog world of ours. Myself, I just love them! I think they are very charming. Last year I found several at Home Goods, one for fall, and another one for Easter. Recently I came upon a web site that not only sells them, but also sells garland and wreaths as well. They have quite a variety of other lovely items for the home and you can get some wonderful ideas for projects to make if you are so inclined. If you would like you can access the link here http://www.oldeglory.co.uk/index.html
Prior to finding the above link I wanted a banner to dress up my home for the Fourth of July. I have noticed all of the beautiful banners some of you have been making. Bloggers that come to mind are Vee, Becky, Queenie, and Anne. Anne, at http://peekaboostreet.blogspot.com/ recently made a very pretty Fourth of July banner and posted it on her blog.
The banner I decided to make didn't turn out exactly like I wanted but I like it. I like it in spite of the fact that my hubby says as far as he is concerned it has nothing at all to do with the Fourth of July LOL However, I think it does because the colors of the material are red, white, and blue so there. What does he know any way :>)
I didn't feel like dragging out my sewing machine so I used two way tape instead. I had most of the material already because I was going to make a basket of hearts when they were so popular a year or so ago.
I used a napkin as a templet. I thought the triangles turned out rather large. If, and when, I attempt something like this again I think I will use a hankie as a templet instead.
Because of the way I folded the material it has a finished bottom. I used quilt binding to hold the triangles in place and hang them to my fireplace. After I folded the triangles I taped the unfinished edges between the two sides of the quilt binding. Then I punched a hole into each side of the binding and hung it to the fireplace with those small plastic hooks used for picture frames.
Banners can be hung just about any where including over curtains, stairways, across windows, and over door ways. They can be used for just about every occasion and sometimes just because........
I would still like to make a heart someday. Who knows, maybe this winter we could have a blog party where we all make a heart and post it on our blogs the same day :>)

I have been having a lot of trouble posting pictures on my blog. It seems to take forever and I cannot get a video to post at all. Last week blogger was shut down quite a while as they were trying to fix the problem. Today things seem worst instead of better. I can only hope they get it straightened out soon. Have any of you been having problems?
I look forward to seeing what all of you have been up to.
Charli is at the groomers getting all dolled up. Our grandson's prom is tonight and we are all very excited.
I hope your day is beautiful and blessed in every way ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

9 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Good work on that banner, Carol.

Three Bloggers were complaining to me (via email on Monday) that they were having trouble posting for Blue Monday on Blogger. However, two of them managed to link in before the end of the day. Maybe that's the trouble you've experienced.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Carol, that is as cute as can be. Great job!

I have had trouble, but it's because I've exceeded my photo limit. But I think blogger is also having issues. Some things on some blogs won't even load, and sometimes it's hard to leave replies. I persist, and usually I can get through. Sometimes I have to log out and log back on, though. Not sure what is going on with blogger. Hopefully it will be rectified soon.

XO,

Sheila

Madeline's Album said...

I like your banner. Hope your troubles with posting on your blog is over. Have a blessed day. Madeline

♥ Kathy said...

Your banner is awesome! I hope your grandson has fun at prom and I bet Charli is beautiful when she gets home :) Blogger had lots of problems on Monday I've heard.

Wanda said...

I've just had trouble leaving comments...I love your banner!

Just a little something from Judy said...

I think your husband is secretly proud of you for creating that patriotic banner. I am. What a nice job you did and without a sewing machine. That inspires me to try making one. Thanks for the info on that new blog. Hope you get the blogger problem worked out.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello sweet one! Blogger was having some issues a couple of days ago....maybe that is why you were having problems. Hey! We want to see Charli when she is all pretty and groomed!!! Anita

Eileen said...

Your banner is beautiful! I love it and dresses your home so prettily!

I've been having lots of Blogger issues! I can't stand it anymore and I've given up on so many posts, they are all sitting in limbo and I have no desire to try and get them up and running anymore, they are 'old news'! Oh well.

'Hope you are having a great weekend!
Love to you,
Eileen

Anne said...

I just love how your banner turned out. I think the size of the flags turned out nice. I've seen some flags that are long. And that is nice to. It's just personal preference. I'm hoping to make more in the future. Sorry it took me awhile to comment on this post. And thank you for linking back to my blog. That was very sweet of you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails