Thursday, June 17, 2010

Booking Through Thursday....


Welcome to Booking Through Thursday at http://btt2.wordpress.com/ A weekly post where book lovers such as myself get together to have informal discussions about literature and books. If you would like to join us, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Booking Through Thursday web site.


This week our questions are as follows....
"Do you prefer reading current books? Or older ones? Or outright older ones? (As in, yes, there's a difference between a book from 10 years ago and, say, Charles Dickens or Plato)
My interests vary. It is my dream to read every classic ever written, but I, like many of you get caught up in all of the wonderful current books out there just waiting to be read. Every time I pick up a classic these days I am side tracked by an interesting book that has just come out. Most of the books chosen by my book club are fairly current or written within the last ten years, although, we did read 'Emma' last year. Right now I am in the process of reading 'South of Broad' a current book that I am enjoying so far. It's a book that was sent to me by Random House. I have made it a point a read almost all of the books chosen for the Pulitzer Prize. To have that honor I know the book must be outstanding and superbly written.
Happy BTT everyone!
My hubby, Charli, and I have a busy weekend planned. We are having out of town company and going to a party.
Oh no, look at the time! I better get going I have a lot to do!
I hope all of you have a beautiful and blessed weekend ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

10 comments:

Josette said...

Wow, all the best with reading every classic ever written! I would love that too. :) I just need patience, time and perseverance!

And I still haven't read Emma yet even though I loved the movie with Gwyneth Paltrow.

Madeline's Album said...

I am not an avid reader but I do enjoy mystery books. Nora Roberts is one of my favorite authors.

GrandmaK said...

I am encouraged by you. I read but at my leisure. I'm afraid if I had to read with a deadline I'd not able very successful.

I do love a good mystery and Jane Austen is one my by favorite authors.

Wishing you well! Cathy

Sue said...

I love histories and biographies, but in between the heavy stuff I like to pick up novels. Depending on my mood at the time I may go for the classics. I own a complete set of Dickens, or something more modern.

I red most everything, though I don't particularly enjoy science fiction or mysteries.

Vee said...

Well I did try to read "Sense and Sensibility" the other day and just couldn't take it. Not at all. So so much for the classics. When my brain is scrambled, I need the current vernacular. Have a fun weekend!

Read the post about Ryan's program and smiled to think how very special it was that you were there and how proud he must've been to see his family in the crowd. Hope that he has a great summer vacation!

BALLET NEWS said...

What an interesting idea !

The Social Frog said...

I like to read some books that have won awards, I just bought the book "The Road" and intend on reading it this summer. I normally love best sellers though, not because it's what they are but what the story is, if it interests me.

Eileen said...

I'm with you, Carol, my interests are varied, I enjoy reading some 'classics' over and over, and I also enjoy current books too.

Your weekend plans sound very nice! Enjoy!
Love to you,
Eileen

Micki said...

I love current books...Right now, I am reading the first book of the Millenium Trilogy written by Stieg
Larsson. I do love the classics too.
Micki

Just a little something from Judy said...

If and when I have time at this point in my life, I would choose to read the old classics. I appreciate your aspirations to read them all. I must admit, I admire your reading list and find myself growing my own list because of you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails