Friday, June 25, 2010

My little butterfly house and garden......



My little butterfly house and garden

I love butterflies! I've written about
them here in the past. I've had a
butterfly house and garden for many years now.
Some years I seem to have more butterflies than others but I always attract those pretty little white ones. I think they look so beautiful flying and flitting about in my garden and yard. I could sit out in my swing for hours watching them if I only had the time.

My butterfly house has been looking kind of ragged lately.
It has never been painted before so I decided to spruce it up a bit with a little paint. Then I add a few pieces of foam art in the shape of flowers, butterflies, and frogs. After adding the foam art I spray painted a protective covering on it. I have read in the past that butterflies are attracted to color so I decided to paint each side of the house a different color.

After I finished painting it I set it out in the yard to dry. Since I've put it back out in my garden I have been seeing a few more monarch butterflies so I think it just might be working.











My garden also attracts birds that love
to perch on my neighbors trees and chat away in the morning and evening. Bumble bees flourish in my garden too. I think it's very interesting to watch them as they go about their business. Charli loves to go out into the garden and sniff all of the flowers. I keep telling her if she isn't careful she is going to get stung by a bee.


The lilies are almost in full bloom now. They are one of my favorite flowers.








My butterfly garden is a a very peaceful place to visit. It's very serene. I also love it because I never know on any given day what I am going to see out there.
Do you have a butterfly garden or house? If so, I would love to hear from you. How do you attract and keep your butterflies coming back year after year?
I hope all of you have had a beautiful day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

16 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Carol... the butterfly house is so cute, and I like the way you painted it. What a pretty yard you have, too! Glad you are enjoying the summer. Pat Charli for me!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Maggie Mae said...

I has never seen a butterfly house before, it is just lovely and so is your yard. :)

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

fiberdoodles said...

I love it! It is so pretty :0)

Rose said...

I'd never heard of a butterfly house before! That's so neat! And I think it's wonderful that Charli takes the time to "stop and smell the flowers"!

Madeline's Album said...

I do not have a butterfly house but my husband used to make them when we were in the craft business. Yours is very nice and I love the way you painted it. I have lots of flowers in my yard and have lots of butterflies and bees. Your butterfly garden is very pretty. Tell Charli to be careful when he is sniffing the flowers. Have a great and blessed day. Madeline

BALLET NEWS said...

So beautiful.

Barb said...

Hi Carol,

Your yard is beautiful and so GREEN.
I have never seen a butterfly house. We have a lot of butterflies around here- may have to think about that.

Thank you for your prayers. They made a difference.

hugs to you and Charli,
Barb and Tommy

Vee said...

No, I don't and I'm thinking that I should remedy that. Yours is darling. Your lilies are such beautiful colors and you yard looks like a wonderful, restful, beautiful, and calming spot. I can see that Charli really likes it!

Michael said...

Thanks for sharing! It looks so peaceful and happy. Like something out of a storybook. God Bless you!

Anne said...

I love your butterfly house. It looks really pretty and cheery in your garden. I love butterflies to. Their so neat to watch.

MARIA said...

Hi Carol!
Your butterfly house is wonderful!!!
What a great idea! And you painted it beautiful.... so lovely!

Love & Peace be with you!

Eileen said...

I love your butterfly house, Carol!
Ray is very handy, I should have him copy it and then Jayden and I could paint it up and decorate it.
Cute idea!
Your yard and garden are lovely too! You must enjoy spending time out there! 'Wish I could sit a spell with you!
Love to you,
Eileen

♥ Kathy said...

I think that is so pretty!!

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Hi Carol
Thank you so much for visiting and your kind thoughts.
I just love your butterfly house and garden.. Very good idea to paint each side a different color..
I have alot of birds visiting but not many butterflies. This is food for thought... Maybe I should put this on my to do list...
Hope you are enjoying your summer.
Blessings,
Penny

Just a little something from Judy said...

I like the way you painted your butterfly house,and I did not know that butterflys were attracted to colors. I do not have a butterfly house or a bird house. My mother does though, and since she lives with us, I do get to enjoy them. There is something so peaceful in watching them. Your lilies are beautiful!

Queenie said...

Hey Carol,
Your butterfly garden is so pretty...your lilies and arbor...oh I love it all...it looks like such a peaceful place to sit and relax for a while :) I've never had a butterfly house, but I think I'll have to find one of those...yours is so cute :) Love how you decorated it!

Congratulations to your grandson and the class of 2010! I know you all feel so proud of him :)
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Related Posts with Thumbnails