Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fourth of July Favors......



Fourth of July Favors

It's hard to believe that the Fourth of July is already upon us. Where has all the time gone? It seems like May and June has just been a whirl wind of wonderful and fun filled celebrations and events in our family.
When I think of the Fourth of July I think of birthday parties, family picnics, parades, and of course fireworks. We have always celebrated and deorated our home to ring in this truly wonderful holiday. I feel incredibly blessed to be able to enjoy all of the freedoms I have in this beautiful country of ours.
Our son Thomas was even born on the Fourth of July! Yep, he's a Yankie Doodle Dandy for sure! When he was little he used to think that all of the fireworks and parades were just for him :>)

This year we will be going to a family barbecue but I just had to make some favors any how for the grands. I usually make crackers for Christmas but I thought I would whip some up for the fourth of July this year. I filled them with all of the candy I picked up at the candy shop I told you about earlier this month. To make the crackers I used card stock that I cut in half. Then I glued some scrap book paper to the top and tissue paper to the bottom. I rolled them together, stapled them, filled them with candy, and then tied each end with a ribbon. These crackers are a little larger than the pre-made ones you can find in the store but I like them because you can put more goodies inside.









I also found the darling little red and blue containers below at Michael's craft store. I think they make great party favors! I like them because there is a place on the side where you can tuck in a name or add a small quote of some kind. I added a ribbon, and then packed them with a small windmill, some festive pencils and candy.



What kinds of things do you do to celebrate the birth of our nation? I would love to hear from you.
I hope all of you have a great day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

13 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Carol, these are adorable! You do such cute crafts. We do different things each year. Sometimes with friends. Sometimes with family. Sometimes the two of us if we're tired and need a little break. It's pretty hot, so we try to stay inside as much as possible. But St. Augustine usually has neat fireworks. That's always a part of the Fourth!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Eileen said...

Carol, these are great! I remember this craft at Christmas time and next year I plan to fill the grandkids stockings with them, I think it's nice to have that little 'extra' to open after all the hoopla has died down.
I don't think I can get my act together enough to get some done for the 4th though.
We usually have a big pool party/BBQ each year but this year I'm not feeling well, so if we do anything at all it will be very last minute and very 'thrown together'.
Enjoy your celebration!
Love to you,
Eileen

♥ Kathy said...

Those are so cute! Great job Carol! We usually BBQ and then go watch fireworks somewhere (hopefully Stone Mountain this year).

Happy Catholic said...

Adorable! Love them, love them love them! What a wonderful memory you are making for your family. May God Bless you all as you enjoy your time together.

For us it is barbecues, family, fireworks and fun.

Queenie said...

How cute these are....thanks for letting me in on such a great idea! Happy 4th of July to you and your family...it is amazing how fast it's coming up! As for our plans...we usually cook hamburgers....and then go to town and watch fireworks...at the town's lake yard area.... sometimes we even shoot some fireworks from our backyard too..Hope you have a happy celebration :) Summer is so fun isn't it?!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Anne said...

It looks like your getting all ready for the 4th! Everything looks so festive for the holiday. Have a nice evening.

Stella said...

It was so nice you stopped to visit me. Our family always goes to the lake cabin for the 4th. We play around on the pontoon all day and then do BBQ on the grill and watch fire works over the lake. I think your crackers are so cute and I know everyone will enjoy them.

little princess Luna~ said...

grrrreat party favors--they are most beautimous~!! :D

xo,
luna

fiberdoodles said...

They are just adorable! I love them ;0)

Madeline's Album said...

Your 4Th of July favors are so cute. I know your grands will enjoy them. This year our 4Th will be a quite one. My husband just got home from the hospital after having hernia surgery. It is my time to take care of him. If he was himself we would have the kids over for a BBQ and swimming party. Have a wonderful 4Th of July and a blessed day.

Shelley said...

I just knew you would have something cute for 4th of July! :-) Those cracker favors are wonderful - they would be fun to open! I think I may have to copy your idea a little bit and make some for guests. We are headed up to the cabin for a couple weeks and will go see some fireworks. Tell that Charli hello and happy 4th from Scout and me!

Just a little something from Judy said...

I am so impressed with your ever present creativity. These favors are so perfect and I know your grandchildren will be thrilled. It is always little touches like yours that add that " I care" feeling to each event. I love this idea.

Rose said...

YOu always amaze me with the things you come up with for every occasion. You have a wonderful gift. My youngest daughter's middle daughter was born on the 3rd of July . Being a middle child, she surely is a "firecracker". So it gives us a double pleasure to celebrate. We are so blessed in this country and I pray that will continue and we can enjoy the freedoms God has given us.

Related Posts with Thumbnails