Thursday, June 24, 2010

Graduation has come and gone......


Graduation has come and gone.....


It's hard to believe the party and all of the graduation celebrations are over. My out of town company has left and things are slowly returning to normal. I was feeling under the weather for a few days but I am doing much better now.











Our grandson's graduation was wonderful! We are very proud of him! In fact, the whole 2010 graduating class at his school are a super bunch of guys and gals.
They're class designed and introduced the very first colored digital year book and it is totally awesome! It's nothing like the year books we had or for that matter our children had when they graduated from high school. These are not sparingly put together books with black and white pages. Instead this year book has over a hundred glossy type pages with many embelishments and it is truly a work of art.
These guys and gals also excelled in the sports department raising the bar for future classes to come.
These young adults are impassioned and have raised a phenomenal about of money for breast cancer awareness and research.
They also raised the money and then commissioned a local artist to sculpt a marauder out of wood. It will forever stand in the main hall way of the school along with a plaque indicating that it was a gift to the school from the 2010 graduating class. I have not seen it yet but I hear it's "very cool" indeed.
Way to go Mauraders!!!!

Now that school is out reality has set in. Michael has been fortunate to find a job through his father and is working ten hour days. He is already registered for college and has aspirations of becoming a police officer. Of course that all could change because he is still so young but we think he's set some good goals and is on the right track.


They asked me not to post they're pictures here on my blog but I wanted to share a little bit about the prom with you. Katlin, who is also a 2010 gratuate from the same high school, is a very smart and astute girl because she decided to wear a gown in they're school colors; dark magenta, or maroon and white. Michael wore a black tux and a dark magenta vest and tie. Katlin asked for white flowers so Anne helped Michael pick them out. The corsage was gorgeous! There were little crystals interspersed every where in and around the flowers and it was all tied together with dark magenta ribbon. The crystals sparkled in the sunlight and I can only imagine how pretty the coursage looked in the candlight at dinner or when they were out on the dance floor at the hall. I wish I could have been there. Michael said they danced every dance ♥ I get goosebumps just thinking about it. All of the hall decorations and flowers matched they're attire perfectly and everything blended very nicely together.


I don't think I have ever seen a prom dress as beautiful as Katlin's. It was absolutely gorgous! I thought it might have been hand made but Michael said it wasn't. The dress was strapless and cascating down the front of it to the waist were tiny crystals and rubies. The bottom of the dress was gathered in places, as you can see, and brought together with delicate lacey magenta flowers with pink petaled centers and crystal. The leaves of the flowers had a ruby sewn on them. The dress was stunning. Michael said there wasn't another dress anything like it at the prom. Katlin is a beautiful, beautiful girl and the two of them looked fabulous together. I just wish they would have let me post a picture :>(


The commencement was wonderful. The speeches were all heart felt and personal. It was such an odd experience to watch our grandson walk across the stage in his cap and gown.











We had a super great time at the party. The food was delicious and so was the cake. I loved all of the decorations Anne and Mike put up. A couple of things they did that I really liked was Anne had maroon and white beads hanging on a flower planter rack and as each quest came into the yard they were given beads. She also made cookies with maroon and white M&M's in them. Ryan and Aayden surprised Michael and a few of his friends with a silly string fight.
But wait.... What's this?.......
"Heelloo!!! Aren't you forgetting something?"
"Peeps do you think they see us"
"I don't know Charli. Maybe we should howl."
"What kind of a party is this anyway?"
"Guys over here. Guys. Hey guys!"
"Geesh, they're serving the food!"
"Do you think they'll save us some?"
I hope all of you have been out, and about, and enjoying yourselves ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

9 comments:

The Muse said...

Oooo yes, I just gasped at her dress...most lovely, oh my...I dare say the lassie was a doll!

And the pooches seem to be her paparazzi!

I am glad this was such a memorable occasion for everyone :)

GrandmaK said...

How wonderful for you to be able to be there for your grandson's graduation celebration. My oldest grandchild will be a junior this coming school year. Just don't know where all the time has flown! My heartiest congratulations to you all!!!! Cathy

OH! Loved the pics of the "puppies" at the window!!!

Madeline's Album said...

I wish the couple would have left you post their pictures. I love the dress it was just stunning. Glad you were able to be at the graduation and the party. Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself. Hope you have a blessed day. Madeline

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Carol, her dress really does look fabulous! I know they must have been the best looking couple at the dance. :-)

What a handsome young man your grandson is.

Love the pups looking out the window! Did they get their cake???

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anne said...

I can't believe it's all over with to. That's why I tried to soak in every moment that I could. Those two dogs are something aren't they? We love them though. Beautiful post.

♥ Kathy said...

Your grandson looked so handsome in his graduation announcement and I agree, the dress is gorgeous! Poor puppies, they just wanted some food :) Congrats to all of you Carol ♥

BALLET NEWS said...

That dress looks like perfection... such a lovely post as well. Wishing you all a very lovely weekend

Vee said...

Oh I wish that they would've allowed us to see them, but I do understand that it can be unsettling. Nevertheless, from the glimpse I saw, you have a very handsome grand and I know how proud you are of him and his class's accomplishments. Hope that he gets some time off now and then this summer.

Just a little something from Judy said...

You are one fortunate grandma. How special to participate in such an important event. I was on the yearbook staff and I was so interested in hearing about the digital yearbook they created. I would love to see it. My SIL did that for our daughter's wedding and it is a masterpiece.

Congratulations to your grandson. I wish him the best as he continues on his journey in life.

Related Posts with Thumbnails