Monday, June 14, 2010

Ryan's Spring Concert!....


Ryan's Spring Concert!

Recently my husband and I had the privilege of attending our grandson Ryan's Spring Concert. I especially love these school functions where the teachers and children work so hard to make it special for all of us who attend. Ryan did a fantastic job! We were so proud of him ♥ I had a video of the song his class sung which was really quite amazing, but as I have said before, I am having a lot of difficulty with blogger these days.
What struck me as I sat there watching the concert is what a difficult job the teacher has coordinating these wonderful and special events. He or she has to make sure that every child walks away from the experience just a little more confident and that over all the program is well received by everyone. Just think of the awesome responsibility! What does one do with the shy child, the undisciplined child, the overly zealous child, or the child, who like me, couldn't sing at all but was always the loudest in the group? Hat's off to our teachers, because I don't know how they do it, but they always seem to come through.
As we were walking through the school halls I couldn't help but noticed the wonderful murals that had been painted on the walls. Do any of these murals bring back memories for you?















Well, another school year comes to a close. Our little Ry is growing up so fast.
Pretty soon these concerts will be a thing of the past... sigh....
Ryan you did a great job!!!!
Thank you so much for inviting us to your concert. We love you little guy ♥
I hope all of you have had a lovely day :>)
With warmest regards, Carol

13 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I'm so glad you all were able to attend this special event for Ryan! I can still remember how much it meant to me to have family in the audience when I was performing. I think it's important to a child's well being to know how much they are loved and appreciated, and you two are such good grandparents, Carol!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anne said...

The teachers do a great job with events like this. All that practicing that needs to be done. They do a fine job entertaining the audience.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Ah....school is a magical place. And do I know the time, the sweat and the care that it takes to get all the children ready and make a special event become a lasting memory for them! I am now done with school and so enjoying my vacation which really started yesterday at around 2:00pm!!! ENJOY THE WEEK CAROL AND CHARLI! Anita

Madeline's Album said...

A great post. I know Ryan was glad you were there to see the class perform. I always enjoyed watching my grandkids in the school plays etc. have a blessed day. Madeline

Knitty said...

What special memories, for both you and for Ryan. Teachers do so much more than instruct children in academics. I wish all children had interested parents who were involved in what goes on at school. I realize not everyone can attend school functions due to work and other important commitments, but many parents are not supportive of what teachers are trying to accomplish.

MARIA said...

Thank you so much for sharing about this beautiful Ryan's concert. I understand you are so proud of Him.

I'll be waiting for a video.

Greetings for you and for your family!

Shelley said...

I'm convinced that teachers are angels on earth! I know you must've had a wonderful time watching your grandson's concert. We went to my stepson's concert a few weeks ago and like you said, it's amazing how the teachers get them all organized.

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

How wonderful! I miss going to all the school concerts.. Thank you for bringing back some beautiful memories.

little princess Luna~ said...

very sweet~! :)
omd--frog and toad--mum loved reading those books when she was in elementary school. :D

xo,
luna

Eileen said...

Oh, I've always loved school pageants, concerts, shows, even just going to 'open house', I think it's wonderful for the children to participate and/or be able to show off their accomplishments and the work they've done.
This was a great post!
And the murals were wonderful. 'Frog And Toad Together' is one of my favorites and one that Jayden asks me to read over and over again!
Love to you,
Eileen
PS ~ I am still having Blogger woes too!

Just a little something from Judy said...

I have all of this to look forward to. What a privilege for you and your husband. I smiled when I read the part of you singing loud and not being able to sing:) I admire teachers so much. I wish your grandson much success in the coming years.

JG said...

What a sweet post!

Sue said...

I love the murals. What a great environment they create for students.

Related Posts with Thumbnails