Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Swans on the river and a stroll.....


Swans on the river and a stroll...

These are the swans on the river at our son Kurt's house. Aren't they precious! We are hoping to see some little ones soon. I haven't gotten over there to see the swans yet because we have been so busy in our yard. Kurt and Rhonda were kind enough to sent us these latest pictures.


I thought you might like to take a stroll through our yard with me and Charli. Now where is that dog?
We have been busier than usual this year. We had to tear down one tree and we still have to take a dead tree out. The flowers have been planted and most of the weeds have been pulled though. It's starting to look normal around here again.



This year I wanted to try growing a few tomatoes. My hubby is betting it isn't going to work but I have faith. Have any of you tried growing hanging tomatoes?









We have quite a few rose bushes which I really love. Years ago when we bought our house my hubby surprised me with eighteen rose bushes one day. He said he wanted to make sure I had flowers all summer long and he didn't ever want to hear me complain again about him not buying them for me LOL Some of the original rose bushes have died, and some have been replaced, but I still have quite a few.








































Beautiful flowers picked fresh from the garden, placed in a vase, and then put on the table. I just love fresh flowers don't you?




















I hope you enjoyed the tour. For those of you living in winter states, isn't it nice to be getting out of the house again?
Where did that dog go?

"So sweet,
so sweet the roses in their blowing,
So sweet the daffodils,
so fair to see;
So blithe and gay the humming-bird a going
From flower to flower,
a-hunting with the bee."
-Nora Perry-
I hope all of you have been having a nice week ♥
I have to go find that dog.... "Charli!"
With warmest regards, Carol

12 comments:

Barb said...

Hi carol,

What river is that? Beautiful.
I would love to have your yard- all those yummy flowers. When you find Charli, a little treat from us please.

hugs,
barb

Eileen said...

Yes, where is Charli? I miss her!

Very nice post! Very nice yard! And you have such a nice size property, it's just right, not too overwhelming to keep up with, but not little postage-stamp-sized yards like we have here where I live.
You've really fixed it all so pretty too, and I love your beautiful patio too!
Enjoy!
Love to you,
Eileen

Walking on Sunshine... said...

I love your back yard! Especially your patio. The brick work is so pretty! Enjoyed my tour!

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Carol
I can see you have put a lot of love into everything.. Just beautiful.. Yes, where is Charli?
Blessings,
Penny

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Carol dearest, your home and garden is just LOVELY! What a man, giving you all of those rose bushes!!!!! Your garden is so clipped and neat, what I love so. I have a lovely garden, but separated from our neighbor's with an old chain link fence. Not my idea of neat. Hanging tomatoes....wow! Keep us posted on how that turns out! And where is that Charli? She is out enjoying the beauty of your Michigan spring/summer! ENJOY! Anita

Anne said...

Your yard looks splendid. I'm glad you found your hanging tomatoes. Good luck with them. Your roses look pretty to. I hope your having a nice week.

Rose said...

Hi Carol.
The swans are beautiful.
Your yard looks like something out of Home and Garden! I wouldn't have expected anything less from you because you always have such beautiful ideas. I used to have 15rose bushes at my old house before we moved to this one. I did plant one here when we moved here, which is doing fairly. I planted two more this year. One looking good and the other not so good. I may have to replace it.
And I thought that maybe Charli was hiding somewhere in your pictures so I looked at them full size to see if I could see her. If she was, I didn't find her. So let us in on the answer soon, ok?

Madeline's Album said...

Your yard is beautiful. All the roses and other flowers. I love the brick patio. Give miss Charli a hug for me. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Knitty said...

We're trying hanging tomato plants for the first time this year. I'll let you know how they turn out and look forward to a report on yours.

Your yard is just lovely.

Queenie said...

Hey Carol,
Your blog is so pretty and fun..and Charli is the cutest thing! His little outfits are adorable...in the pics in your side bar...he sure knows how to sport them....that graduation one cracked me up! We once had a dog like Charli, he was the sweetest thing...I sure miss him. Seeing your little Charli brought back some great memories for me. Thanks for that! :)

Your yard is so pretty...and so are your roses. You and your hubby have worked hard and made a beautiful place to relax in your yard. Well, I better go now.... I will be back soon to visit you. I sure enjoyed being here.
Thank you for visiting me at my blog today, it's really nice to meet you.
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Queenie said...

Oh my word, I was reading more posts down below and please give my apologies to Charli, I don't know why in the world I called "her" a "he" in my last comment. I can see that Surely she is a diva and is a girl doggie" not a boy doggie.
Sorry! :)
Big Hugs,
Queenie

MARIA said...

Sorry Carol,
I'm not in a perfect condition now, so I'm late and I'm posting rarely.
I always loved garden
but now I'm happy that I have a balcony for my flowers and vegetables.

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful and keeping in a good style yard. Really very pretty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails