Monday, July 12, 2010

I got mail!.....


I got mail!

Imagine my surprise last week when I received an official RIZZOLI & ISLES Armchair Detective Kit in the mail! I was so excited! As a Random House Reader's Circle Member I was illegible to receive this wonderful and fun filled gift from Turner Network Television better known as TNT. Thank you so much Random House and TNT! I have had so much fun wearing the T-shirt, talking about the book, and talking about the new series with my family and friends.

I thought all of you might like to see what was in the kit. The Detective Kit contained an overhead letter and a RIZZOLI & ISLES puzzle because after all the series is about the crime solving duo RIZZOLI & ISLES. Rizzoli is a detective and Isles the medical examiner.
The kit also contained a tea cup and saucer which just happens to be a key clue. The series makes it's depute tonight on TNT 10/9 central and I will be sipping the tea included in the kit out of my cup and saucer while I'm watching it. Is that not cool or what!









The kit came with the book 'The apprentice' which the series is based on and a sneak peek preview DVD. I read the book over the weekend and it is a real thriller. I couldn't put it down! My book review to follow. My hubby and I also watched the DVD and although I sat on the edge of my seat with my heart pounding out of my chest almost the entire time it was really great. I can't wait to see it again tonight where I won't be as tense watching. It was a real hair raising experience watching the DVD.

The shirt is very cool! Do you see the handcuffs and scalpel? More clues... And look at the book markers!










Receiving this package has been so much fun! Thanks again Random House and TNT ♥ I have really enjoyed this experience.
I hope all of you are having a wonderful day!
We are kind of tired here. Poor little Charli didn't do well with all of the thunderstorms last night. Right now she is all tucked in on my chair snoozing away.
With warmest regards, Carol

11 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning Carol dearest! What a fun kit to keep you busy and happy during these stormy summer days! We are having the best weather here, and though it is quite normal to get those wicked thunderstorms here every summer, we haven't had any yet! Just rain at night, leaving the morning fresh with dew....give Charli a big, fat hug! Anit

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Good morning Carol.. What a great kit! Lot's of goodies.. Oh poor little Charli, thunderstorms are sometimes scarry for them.. Please give her a hug from me.
Have a great day.
Penny

Just a little something from Judy said...

What a fun surprise in the middle of an ordinary day. You were the best person to recieve this package because you advertised it perfectly for the company.

Tell Charli I don't really like thunderstorms either.

SmilingSally said...

I love getting packages in the mail. And, I love getting books. You got both!

I thought Charli didn't mind the thunder. I'm so sorry. I hope she naps today.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Don't you just love surprises??? And this is neat, Carol!

I'm like Charli... I hide when there is thunder and lightening. It scares me and always has.

XO,

Sheila :-)

~3 Sides of Crazy~ said...

How fun! I've bookmarked the pilot for tonight.

Madeline's Album said...

What a wonderful surprise. It really sounds like a great book and is going to be a t.v. program I will like. We need some of that thunder down here, everything is so dry we need rain badly. Give Miss Charli a hug for me. Have a blessed evening. Madeline

Sandy said...

Wow! How cool is that?! Congrats! I was thinking that the show looks pretty interesting. I can't remember when it starts, though. ♥

JG said...

That is just so cool! Mailboxes can be filled with surprises! Sounds like you are really enjoying yours!

~Judy

GrandmaK said...

Wow!!! How about that!! I think I'll have to add the book to my wish list! Congrats!! Cathy

Josette said...

What great stuff you got! I've not heard of Apprentice show before though I'd love to watch it too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails