Thursday, July 29, 2010

'Yule Love It lavender Farm'


'Yule Love It Lavender Farm'

Situated on the back roads and rolling hills
of Northeastern Oakland county, on three acres of land, is a lovely little place called 'Yule Love It lavender Farm' Here you can explore the farm, take a tour, attend a tea under the pergola, or shop in the on site gift shop. The farm offers craft and cooking classes, as well as an internship where you can learn all about lavender and farming. On this farm the motto is, "Relax, Learn, and Laugh."
What struck me most as I stepped out of my car was the beauty that was all around me. It was as though God had taken cans of paint and splattered slightly different shades of lavender in blotches all over the landscape. It was truly beautiful and being the amature photographer I am these pictures just don't capture what it was I actually saw.


The only down sides to my visit were that NO DOGS ARE ALLOWED and the day I happened to visit the farm the gift shop was closed. I had originally went out to the farm to pick up some lavender to use in my cooking after exploring the 'Yule Love It lavender Farm' site on line.



























I have provide a link here just in case any of you would like to check out the site as well. It includes an line store, recipes, and some interesting information about the farm and about Iris who is the proprietor.
Luckily for me I have found lavender at another place I visited recently. My plan is to make scones and lavender tea sometime in the future. When I do I will post it here. I have never used lavender in cooking before so I am looking forward to a new experience.
I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!
With warmest regards, Carol

15 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Carol! This is my favorite flower, scent and color for light embellishments against white! And...I have tried lavender in my pizza sauce! IT IS WONDERFUL! But just a bit...and I have had lavender tea. WATCH OUT! It will put you to sleep immediately, so don't drink and drive on lavender! What a charming place; when I was in France, I went to the village of Grasse, where perfume was first made in France. Lavender fields spotted throughout the countryside are heaven-scent! I read once that lavender also goes by the name of Spikenard, the flower and or oil used to anoint Jesus's feet!!!!!

Enjoy your scones dearest, and give Charli a whiff; she will love it! Anita

little princess Luna~ said...

hi charli and mum~!
thanks so much for sharing about this lovely place and all the nice pictures--it is as if we were there.
and my mum LOVES lavender~!! :D

xo,
luna

Vee said...

Well I hope that we're all invited to your scones and lavender tea. Sounds like such fun! Seeing this makes me wonder if there's a lavender farm anywhere near me that I can visit. I suppose that it's okay with Charli if no dogs were allowed...all that aroma would only have made her sneeze. *Achoo*

Vee said...

Found one...Glendarragh or something like that...open one day...ONE...day a year. That's crazy! So it's a good thing you shared your trip with me.

GrandmaK said...

Isn't this lovely. The scenery is grand!!! Enjoy teatime! Cathy

Linda www.mykindofcooking.com said...

I just found your wonderful blog! It is so much fun to read! I have signed up to follow your blog and can't wait to read what you will be posting!

George the Lad said...

I can smell it from here, thinks for the link will have a look see at the recipes later.
See Yea George xxx

Madeline's Album said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely place with us. Your photos are great. I have never heard of using lavender in cooking but it is nice to know it is done. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Just a little something from Judy said...

First of all, your new blog look is so colorful and beautiful! I especially like the pot of flowers. As for this lavender farm, I would have loved visiting here. I like how you described it as God's paint brush. I am looking forward to seeing how you use the lavender. I could smell it as I read this post. Feeling a bit sorry for Charli though.

3 doxies said...

Oh dat just bes BEAUTIFULS...my mum loooooves them lavender stuffs, hers has a bunch of dried stalks...or whatevers you wanna call 'em.
Thanks fur showing us dis luverly place.

Puddles

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

We can smell the goodness from here!

Happy weekend!
Woofs and Kisses!
The Fiesty Three

Micki said...

I loved seeing all of the beautiful pics...Lavender is one of my favorite scents!
Micki

Judi said...

Hi Carol
Love the pictures of the lavender. I have never baked with lavender and thats what I'd love to do too. I saw some cupcakes and they had the lavender in the icing and pretty cookies too.
I will have to check out that site online. Lovely.
have a great weekend
Judi

caren said...

Carol ~ Thank you so much for visiting me. I truly appreciate it. The lavender fields are beautiful and I am sure the scent was breathtaking. Where are these fields located?

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Lavender... How did I miss this post.. I love lavender.. However, peter rabbit has taken to mine. He loves to sit in the raised planter and just chop off the flower stems.. But how could you possibly get mad. He is so sweet.
Lovely post, and thank you so much for your comments on my sisters statue.
Blessings,
Penny

Related Posts with Thumbnails