Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The 2010 Woodward Dream Cruise.....



The 2010 Woodward Dream Cruise...

The cruise is officially over, the vendors have packed up, and the people have gone back home. The memories still linger though of a more pleasant time when life was much simpler than it is today. At least that's what some of the people tell me that I meet out on the street on Woodward Ave.
The Woodward Dream Cruise is an annual event here in our area. It attracts millions of people and every year it just seems to get bigger and better. Today you actually have to rent a space along Woodward Ave to put up a tent or plop down a chair. If you like muscle cars, custom cars, classic cars, street rods, smoke, and the smell of burning rubber then this is the place for you. I won't say much more about the cruise as I have written extensively about it here in the past. However, I did want to share a few pictures with you.
Every year the cruise seems to take on a momentum of it's own. There is music every where from the radios in the cars on the street, to the broadcast systems set up here and there in the parking lots along the cruise route. Sometimes you see people dancing in the street and in the parking lots. Many Dream Cruise events are hosted by the area communities along the cruise route and this year there was even a first time ever food drive. Parties seem to be taking place every where in neighborhood houses along the cruise route as well. There is cruise attire from poodle skirts, to cruising hats, and official Dream Cruise shirts. Many local businesses have Dream Cruise greeting signs and some people deck out their lawns with ornaments like the one seen here. It is such a friendly atmosphere with people laughing, talking, and of course reminiscing about cars and growing up in the motor city.
















These two ladies told me they come to the cruise every year and wouldn't miss it for the world. They wanted me to make sure I got a picture of their car shown above. Many people dress in attire to match their cars and these ladies are no exception. Just look at all of the pink!













I love this picture! I wonder what those two people, obviously in love, are thinking about? It looks like they may be reminiscing of a time when they first met and maybe of the car he first picked her up for a date in.
































Here's a little GTO....



















The cruise is not limited to cars either. There are also a lot of motorcycles!
Well, I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my pictures of the cruise.
We have been monitoring my husbands pacemaker and sending EKG's to the doctors office for the past several months. Today he is having the pacemaker replaced. It is a very simple procedure but some what time consuming and worrisome. I feel I have been behind with my posts and comments. Hopefully I can get around to see all of you soon.
In the mean time, as always I am thinking of you and I hope all of you have a lovely day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

12 comments:

Madeline's Album said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful post with us. I really enjoyed the photos and your comments. Hope your husband does ok . Have a blessed day. Madeline

Vee said...

Lots of fun photos and the gals in pink look like they'd be great fun to know. Is that a dummy on the lawn with the "for sale" sign? That's a great way to grab attention, too. Glad that you had fun, Carol!

Knitty said...

Best wishes for your hubby!

George the Lad said...

Wow some nice looking cars there, I have to say I'm not much of a pink pooch, liked seeing the motor bikes mom rides one.
In that first photo is that women for reel, cus if she is that dog don't look to good hanging there!!!
Please pass on my best wishes to your husband.
See Yea George xxx

Mad Men Girl said...

Hey!

I've entered a contest to win a walk-on role on that retro-licious TV show, "Mad Men".

If you wouldn't mind taking a couple of seconds to vote for me, go to my blog, or copy and paste the following link which goes right to my picture:

http://madmencastingcall.amctv.com/browse/detail/EZ3MBH

Thanks a bunch!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Carol, those two Pink Ladies are darling, and their Pink Scoot!!! Of course this was be a big event, near the MOTOR CITY!!!! What fun. I pray that your husband's procedure is fast and perfect. May he recover well and don't worry dearest....pray. Hugs to you and Miss Charli....Anita

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Hi Carol
It's just like the Rod Run in Temecula every year! What fun.. It's like taking a step back in time, don't you think? I always enjoy it. You are right, friendly and very happy people there.
I will keep your husband in my prayers...
Blessings,
Penny

fiberdoodles said...

Oh what fun!! Those are some snazzy cars ;0)

I hope all goes well with DH! Take care my friends ;0)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh sweet Carol, I am so glad to hear that your husband is well!!! What a fun summer it has been; let's see what Charli has in store for us during the fun autumn months....I remember her last year in her BOO SUIT for Halloween! Let the fun start brewing! Enjoy your day, Anita

myletterstoemily said...

what an awesome cruise! i loved all
your beautiful photos of amazing
cars.

one reminded me of of 16th birthday
car, a '57 chevy.

Rose said...

Awesome! I love seeing old cars!! And thanks for including the motorcycles... I'm a biker myself!

Just a little something from Judy said...

This definitely is one of those events that would be on the top of my husband's list of things he would love to do. One can almost feel the nostalgia when looking at all the beautifully captured pictures. I like how it continues to be a popular and well attended event.

As for your husband, I hope all went well for him during his procedure. I wish him the best.

Related Posts with Thumbnails