Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Designer Dog Houses.....


Designer Dog Houses...

Recently Somerset, a mall in our area, hosted a fund raiser for the Oakland Pet Adoption Center,' in conjunction with a fashion show called the 'Animal House Collection,' which show-cased the Somerset Collection of fall trends in children's clothing. Children in the fashion show modeled outfits along with their pets. Pet accessories were also show-cased at the fashion show.


During the week prior to the fashion show visitors to the mall were invited to view the dog houses on display, make a donation if they chose, or purchase a blue print of their favorite dog house which included a treat for their pet and a chance to win one of the designer dog houses. The houses themselves were designed by LEGO and six area architectural firms. 'The Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters' then donated their time to actually build the houses.


Although my grandson Ryan and I didn't attend the actual fashion show we did get a chance to see all of the dog houses and go out to lunch. Poor little Charli had to stay home, but Ryan and I made a donation and brought home treats to bake for Charli and Peeper.








The treat bags included all of the fixings to make home made dog biscuits excuding the liquid of course, a cookie cutter in the shape of a dog bone, and the plans to build a dog house of your choosing. The bags were tucked into pails of different colors which were placed all around and in the area of the displays.


Some of the displays were even set up in the mall's water fountain.















The red fire hydrant was specifically designed to hold monetary donations and purchases. All proceeds going to the 'Oakland Pet Adoption Center' as soon as the exhibit was dismantled.























Even though Ryan and I didn't win the designer dog house of our dreams we had a great time! I wish all of you could have been there.





The last two pictures are of one of Ryan's favorite things to do at the mall. I have to say all of our granchildren enjoyed it as well. They all loved to ride across the walk way that goes over the street and connects the two main buildings that make up the mall. Ryan doesn't like to ride on the escalators that go up, and down, but he does love to ride these and also the elevators. I mean what little boy or little girl wouldn't :>)
I hope you have enjoyed seeing the Somerset Mall designer dog house display.
My hubby, Charli, and myself are getting ready to go down to Woodward later today. The week leading up to the Woodward Dream Cruise is sooo much fun! Can't you just hear those engines?
I hope all of you are having a beautiful and blessed day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

20 comments:

Just a little something from Judy said...

I never saw anything like this display and I am amazed that people provide such luxurious housing for their little friends. I think it was special that you and your grandson got to spend this fun time together, and that you remembered treats for Charli. Hope you all have a wonderful time on your cruise.

♥ Sallie said...

AWESOME! I wish I had some of those houses.

GrandmaK said...

Oh my!! how much fun is this!?!?! Cathy

Alien said...

God it. We will pick you up for the wedding.

Alien said...

I meant, Got it.

jen said...

That is such an amazing display!
Thanks for sharing it!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Carol, What a neat display at the mall... I'm sure that Ryan really enjoyed seeing all of the display.... AND Gramma probably did too... My grands are all grown up now (ages 12-16)... Yipes!!!!!

So you are in Michigan???? I have heard about the Woodward Dream Cruise. Hope you all have a wonderful time.

Sorry you and Ryan didn't win the designer doghouse... Darn!!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dear Carol!

I have seen a book on designer dog houses and some of them are quite impressive, ranging from castles to cottages!!!UP MY ALLEY! How wonderful that these organizations are raising money for these lovely beasts in need. Our furry friends need support as well! It looks as if you and Ryan had a lovely day. Summer is closing up quickly, so everyone is trying to get as much packed in of summer fun. Enjoy your weekend coming! Anita

Madeline's Album said...

Another good post. You and Ryan sound like you had a good time. The displays you photographed were very nice. Enjoy your cruise. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Vee said...

This is much more than our local mall ever does...very nice. I know that Ryan enjoyed spending time with you and seeing these fun displays. I liked the one set up in the fountain a lot.

Channon said...

Wow!! I love it!! Hope it catches on and there's something similar locally. I'll have to mention it to a friend very involved with a new animal welfare non-profit.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Carol, I love those doghouses! What a clever idea. My favorites are the very modern ones. They are super neat. The architects did a great job on them.

I'm up for air from my break for a few minutes, but I will be back for good hopefully after the first of September. Lots going on here. I miss you and Charli and just wanted to say, "Hi."

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sue said...

Wow Carol,
We've been talking about building a dog house for our pack and Rob thought about making one with a raised garden on top. Then I see that very thing on your blog. Is it possible for me to order the plans from the shelter? Do you know who I should contact?
Sue

gMarie said...

Fantastic houses! I love it! thanks for taking the photos and sharing. g

Marjie said...

Those are some beautiful dog houses! It looks like a fun day with your grandson! And since Charli got treats, she should have been happy.

Nichole said...

Wow, what FUN... and such cool looking doggy houses!!!

Shelley said...

These were so neat to see! And I saw that stuffed Bernese Mtn dog in the 4th photo w/ the red ball! Cute! :-)
Glad Charli got some homemade treats!

Micki said...

I enjoyed seeing all of the displays!
Have fun on your cruise!
Micki

George the Lad said...

Wow there up market dog homes, mind you its better to be in the house on the sofa!!
See Yea at the Wedding Charli, you did say you where going didn't yea
George xxx

dog houses said...

I wish I can all those dog houses personally. I am sure it looks so great in person. It is just so amazing how they think of that kind of dog houses styles.

Related Posts with Thumbnails