Sunday, August 1, 2010

Happy August everyone!


Happy August everyone!

Can you believe it's already August? My, my, where has the time gone?
One of the things I love most about the month of August is that all of the grocery stores, fruit markets, and road side stands are just bursting with all kinds of delicious fresh fruit.
Over the weekend my hubby and I picked up some cherries at one of the fruit markets in our area. Don't they look delicious? Eating cherries brings back such warm childhood memories for me. My Aunt Marge and Uncle Bill had a cherry tree in their back yard and every year my cousin Sharon and I could hardly wait till they were ready to harvest. When my Aunt Marge gave us the OK we would climb up into the cherry tree and pick buckets of luscious juicy fruit. We would eat them by the hands full while we were picking them much to my Aunt Margie's dismay. She was always scolding us because we were supposed to wash the fruit first. Those were the days! After we finished picking the cherries my Aunt Marge would make us home-made jelly and cherry pies. Yummy!!!

I think I'll take this little basket of fruit out on the patio for my hubby and I to enjoy. Charli doesn't like cherries but she does love apples and bananas, especially with a little dab on peanut butter on them. Speaking of Charli, just where is that dog?
"Charli where are you?"





"Oh boy. There's that squirrel again!"
"Charli, Charli where are you?"
"I'm over here Grandma!"
"Well for goodness sakes! LOL Charli just what do you think your doing?"
"I'm getting ready to go to the beach!"
"The beach? You don't even like water."
"I know but we can pretend. Look, I brought a goody bag! We can pack it with ham and cheese and cookies...."
"Charli!!!"
"Well OK, We can play ball but I have to take my bathing suit off first."













"I just love the Summer!"
"I know you do."












"Is that you Bo? Hey, I think I heard Bo!"
"Grrr!!! Come here ball!"
What is your favorite kind of fruit? What kinds of things are you doing to make this the best summer ever? I would love to hear from you.
I hope you are enjoying your summer as much as we are ♥
With warmest regards, Carol
"and Charli too"

20 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OMG, Charlie's "cute button" is ALWAYS ON! That darling little miss in her BATHING SUIT!!!!! I LOVE IT....oh Carol, cherries are my passion this year cut up in:

Trader Joe's Greek Style Vanilla yogurt
a little cocoa powder (unsweetented)
a handful of raw oats
some raw almonds
some frozen raisins
a drop of almond extract.

YUMMMMMM!!!!! We are milking the summer or what it's worth..school starts for us at the end of August!!!! YEA!!!!

Do enjoy this lovely time of year....all the fruits of a wonderful season of love, family and friends...and pets!!! KISSES TO YOU AND CHARLI GIRL, Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

And you are so kind and creative,Carol! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

♥ helen said...

That`s so funny and I love the photos :)
Happy August to you as well.

Anne said...

What a sweet post. I love cherries. And I love the photos of Charli. I can't believe how you can get her to stay so that you can get her pictures. It's like she knows she's a little diva. You can tell that she loves to get her picture taken. She just loves up to the camera like she's on a photo shoot or something. It's so funny. Sounds like your having a nice weekend.

Madeline's Album said...

What cute photos of Charli. Cherries are one of my favorite fruits. They do not last long in our house. It is already August. Before we know it Christmas will be here. I am enjoying my summer days and hope you are too. Have a blessed day.

Just a little something from Judy said...

You certainly have a beautiful back yard and the cutest little bathing beauty. She would be the perfect dog to pose for an advertisement for summer. You are right about all the delicious summer fruits. I especially enjoy cherries, and I really like the picture of the bowl of cherries.

I wish you and Charli lots of fun summer days together during this last month of the season.

Vee said...

That's the cutest grouping of pictures with Charli having planned a picnic for you all. I know! It's hard to believe that August is here, but at least it does bring some wonderful delights like cherries! Hope I find some at the Farmer's Market soon.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

LOL! Look at Charli! I love her suit, and that ball is huge. I love how she's chasing it, Carol. What a cutie! And she's smart. She knows that you need to sit under the umbrella and not bake your skin!

XO,

Sheila :-)

MyThoughtsMyVoice said...

Hello Carol,

Well, in my country, we don't have for seasons to enjoy. Just two: the wet and dry season, and we're certainly on the "wet" season now. Rain and rain and rain and more rain were experienced. I think Charli would not enjoy :-) (How cute is he on that get up)

About my bead crochet, I only slipped a few of the beads because I was on the trial stage and kinda learning still in getting my way around it. I would have loved it to be a bracelet, but that is my progress . . . for now :-) )

Mizpah,
Li

Happyone :-) said...

Oh cherries, Love em!
Charli looks cool!!

SmilingSally said...

What nice memories you have of actually picking cherries.

Charli does love this time of year--me too!

JG said...

What cute photos!!! Summer is slipping by...

Cantaloupe, grapes and cherries are my favs in the summer. I cannot forget strawberries and blueberries. It's so hard to choose only one. I like them all best! :)

~Judy

Pam said...

Charli is a doll and cherries are the best! I'm going to a cherry orchard up North in a day or two and can't wait!

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Oh I can't stand it! Charli!! You look so sweet in your suit... What a grand time you are having.. Geat post Carol... I love cherries but Cantaloupe is my favorite...
Have a wonderful day
Blessings,
Penny

3 doxies said...

Oh what wonderful memories you haves of da summertime.
Lets see...my mum don't cook...hehehe! But her LOOOOVES dat Zuchini bread stuff. Ooooh, maybes her will makes some now dat I just reminded her ofs it.
Oh Charli, you be cracking me up withs your bathing suit on...and your umbrella...hehehe!
Ya'll haves a fabulous yard.

Puddles

myletterstoemily said...

nothing sweeter or summier than a
bright red cherry!

your charli photos are too cute!

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

OMD, Charli!!! Our Moms LOVES cherries!! She has bags of them in the fridge now!!

We LOVE your beach pictures!! Wish you could have come to our Luau pawty! Hopefully, you can come next year!!

Woofs and Kisses!
The Fiesty Three

Queenie said...

What sweet memories the cherries bring back for you...isn't it funny how sights, sounds, or even smells can bring back a happy memory...thanks for sharing yours with us...I can just imagine you girls climbing the cherry tree and exciting it would be to wait as your aunt makes yummy jams and pies with them. :) Sweet memories for sure, as sweet as the cherries that evoke them.
Charlie is so cute in her swimming suit! Love the commentary too...I always enjoy seeing what she's been up to...such a doll.

The tours of lavender farm and the park were beautiful also...thanks for sharing your pictures :)
I hope you and Charlie have a great day!
Big hugs,
Queenie

Shelia said...

Hi Carol! Oh, I love cherries and just ate a big bowl of Rainer Cherries! That's a cute story. I have a similar one about a plum tree! :)
Look at little Miss Charlie all cute in her bathing suit and sitting pretty under the beach umbrella! She is so precious! Chloe Dawn sends her love.
Thanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Barb said...

Hi Carol,
Cherries remind me of growing up in Mi. We would go cherry picking every summer.
Charli is quite the bathing beauty.
Absolutely adorable.

big hugs,
Barb

Related Posts with Thumbnails