Thursday, August 5, 2010

Let's talk Dogs.....


Let's talk dogs

Charli would be very embarrassed if she knew I was sharing this with you, but shh.... sometimes she has a problem with BAD BREATH. We have tried a multitude of things and nothing has seemed to work for any length of time. I brush her teeth regularly even though she hates it and have tried just about every brand of tooth paste on the market. It isn't so much that she hates the brushing, it's that she doesn't like the tooth paste. She refuses any type of dental products out there from chew bones to treats. The vet says her teeth are in good condition. She does like people bones but I'm reluctant to give her those. Charli is very finicky about her dog food and is not much of a water drinker at all. Really, we have never had a dog before as fussy as she is.

Well, one day I was telling my cousin Suzy how frustrated I am at times with Charli and she suggested adding a little mint to her water. My first reaction was Charli would never go for anything like that but the more I thought about it I decided to give it a try. First I called my vet just to make sure mint was not toxic to dogs. Then, in addition to the ice and fresh water I give her twice a day, I added a few sprigs of mint. CHARLI LIKES IT! She likes mint flavored water and it has done wonders for her breath. She is even drinking more water! I have finally found something that works. Thank you so much Suzie!

I hope all of you have a wonderful day!

With warmest regards, Carol






18 comments:

Madeline's Album said...

I am glad you found something Charli likes. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Knitty said...

Who can resist minty fresh breath? :)

Happyone :-) said...

Who would have thought of that. Amazing. Sounds like a great cure though.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Heheee! Even dogs prefer flavored waters, like humans!!! I drink more water if it has a spritz of lemon juice or a drop of Welch's Grape juice! Oh yes, mint is a good remedy for people, too! YEAH CHARLI!...she is quite the finnicky princess, isn't she?!

Anita

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

Thank you for the tip!! We told Moms, and she is going to try it for our brudder, Jack!

Woofs and Kisses!
The Fiesty Three

Micki said...

Sounds like a great cure! My dogs luckily have never had bad breath.
Micki

Just a little something from Judy said...

Don't you just love to find simple, inexpensive, home remedies for solutions to problems like this? Charli will be more irresistable than ever. Thanks for sharing this.

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

That is a great idea.. I always put ice cubes in Jasper's water, but will try the mint... I think he would love that..
Have a great weekend
Penny

Jorgelina said...

Happy weekend!!!

Vee said...

Really? I know a few dogs who could benefit from this news. I'll be sharing it very soon. Ha!

Happy Catholic said...

Great idea! I can't wait to see if our sweet girl will go for it. And this may qualify for your beatification miracle if it improves my brother's dog's breath.

m said...

Hello Carol,

Mints make everything fresh! :-) Good to know too that Charli will now drink lots of water. With all those sun bathing - it's just needed.

Mizpah,
Li

MyThoughtsMyVoice said...

Hello Carol,

Mints make everything fresh! :-) Good to know too that Charli will now drink lots of water. With all those sun bathing - it's just needed.

Mizpah,
Li

SmilingSally said...

What a great tip. I wish that I'd have known this when my little doggie was alive.

Michael said...

Good solution! God Bless you!

Judi said...

Hi Carol
Oh what we don't do for our pets! Thats a really good thing to know and although I don't have a dog right now I can certainlyl pass along that information.
Its good that Charli is drinking more water too...yum!
have a wonderful day..*hugs* to Charli too
Judi

George the Lad said...

I’ve just popped in to say I have given you an award, Its ok if you don’t want to except it, cus it might not be your kinder thing or you might already have it, and it comes with some conditions, the reason you have got it is you are one of my recently discovered blogs and think your blog is fantastic. I have put a link from my blog to your blog on the post”Awards from my furiends”. Pop over to me blog and see if you would like it. It’s the one with the butterfly on.
See Yea George xxx

Queenie said...

I am so glad that the mint helped to get her to drink more water...and that's great that it took care of her breath problem too :) Oh I bet she wouldn't mind you talking about it at all here a your blog, as long as the information might could help her fellow doggie friends...lol.
Hope you and her have a minty sweet day!
Big Hugs,
Queenie
P.S. The tour of the Castle was beautiful in the post down below, thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails