Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hello......


Hello!......

Some of you may have wondered what happened to Charli and me when I suddenly stopped blogging. The truth is that I have been so frustrated with blogger and my computer, that one day I just threw up my hands and said that's it. Blogging had became more like work instead of the hobby I used to enjoy. It had been taking me so incredibly long to do a post. Sometimes it took as long as five minutes to up load one picture from my computer. There is nothing more frustrating to me then finally getting a picture up loaded, trying to move it to where I want it to be, and then losing it again in the process. And that's not all! Comments have been a problem too. It usually takes me three or more tries to leave one comment. I would attempt to post a comment only to have to click post again and again. After clicking multiple times, and upon scrolling back down to check if it had indeed posted, I would discover I needed to do a word verification, and sometimes I needed to do that more than once. Then upon checking again I would need to re-enter my pass word. I found myself becoming more and more frustrated and behind. I do appreciate all of your comments more than you will ever know. I felt like I was being remiss in not responding or commenting on your blogs in a timely manner.
Several posts have also disappeared from my blog. I think it has something to do with the new security system my hubby installed approximately four months ago. He has tweaked it several times. It works for a while and then begins to act up again.

I started accumulating tons of pictures with no where to put them. It has been a real mess! I'm wondering how many of you have a similar problem and what you have done to correct it or manage your time.
With all of the problems with blogger and my computer I got behind on other things as well.
I think I am some what caught up now but who knows. With life every day brings a new experience of some kind :>)

Oh well, I just thought I would drop in to say hello and tell you that I miss all of you.
With warmest regards, Carol

14 comments:

Sue said...

Welcome back. Blogger seems to be going thru some growing pains lately. I've had trouble leaving comments,too.
Still, blogging helps me relax most of the time.

Valerie@travelingthrough2 said...

Nice to see you blogging! I hope it stops being so frustrating for you very soon!
Valerie

Knitty said...

I'm glad it was mechanical (technical?) problems rather than health that kept you away.

In one sense, I have no business being online today with so much looming over me, waiting to be done, but I needed my fix. Once the wedding if over, I hope I will find a new normal to my daily schedule. I can only imagine how I would feel if I was the bride's mother! LOL!

Vee said...

Yes, oohhh, yes! Everything you've described here has been going on with me as well. I do wish that bloggers would try going back to not having verifications, etc. This is especially true now that Blogger has its own spam filter on. It really does seem to be working well. I've only encountered one problem with it and, as you may know, I have never done comment filtering. As for photo uploads, I recently downloaded Mozilla/Firefox and have found that I can upload photos much more quickly when using it over Internet Explorer. Sometimes I go back and forth between the two.

Anyway, here's to getting all of our issues worked out so that we can play again! Lovely to see you, Carol/

Vee said...

Lovely to see you, Carol! (Where that backslash came from...obviously not a finger slip. Ha!)

JG said...

Hi! I was thinking about you on Saturday during the UMass/ Michigan football game. :) Nice to see you back!

When I start a post I save it in the draft mode with no title and later add more, saving in draft again until it's finished. Then I add the title and publish. Trying to get used to the system, too.

Eileen said...

Oh, YES, Carol! I have had so many of the very same problems!! I've hardly been blogging because of them (among other things), it is so frustrating!
I really miss everyone!
I had to 'google' you to get here because when I click on the blog names on my sidebar I get an error message. I almost couldn't find you in the search engine, there are so many 'Charli and Me' sites, but then I googled your blog name along with the title post and I got here!

I have lost so many pictures and so many posts while trying to blog, it is 'hit or miss' when trying to post. Blogger says I've successfully published, but then when I view my blog the post is not there!

I hope all our problems get resolved. I'm going to read back here on all I've been missing.
Love to you,
Eileen

Eileen said...

As I started reading back I see lots of blank boxes where I am assuming pictures should be!

I did see two very cute pictures of Charli though, sitting on a beach blanket under a sun umbrella! Adorable! I have to go pick up my grandson from school soon, I'll try back again to see if I can view any more, otherwise I'll just read, I enjoy your posts even without the pictures!
I hope the Charli pictures show up though, Jayden will get such a kick out of them!

sunshine said...

Love the Gordon Lightfoot song. (he was born and raised in my small town. My Mum lived across the street from him for a few years.)

Anyhow.. good to have you back! I've heard several people complaining about Blogger lately but so far so good for me. (knock on wood).
Hope that things run smoother for you from now on!
Give Charli a pet for me. :)

((Hugs))
Laura

Happyone :-) said...

Sorry to hear you have been having so much computer and blogger trouble, but glad to see you back. I had some trouble a while ago with the old and new editor. Now that I have gotten used to the new editor, I haven't had any problems.

George the Lad said...

We have had problems with blogger to, I've cut down on the links that I had, and also changed to comment moderation, with no word verification, hopfully this makes the blog load quicker.

Thanks for your kind comments, and it nice to see you back.

Jan and George xxx

Just a little something from Judy said...

You certainly were missed! I would throw up my hands and probably walk away too if I had the problems you did. Makes me appreciate the kind comments that you left for me on my blog, more than ever. It is always good to welcome you back. Your blog Fall look is beautiful.

Madeline's Album said...

I am so glad your back, Carol, I have missed you. So far I have not had any trouble and I hope your troubles are over. Have a blessed day. Give Charli and pat from me. Madeline

GrandmaK said...

So glad to see you again. So far so good in this neighborhood...Only hope it continues! Stay in touch!!! Cathy

Related Posts with Thumbnails