Wednesday, September 29, 2010

'Party Popcorn and nuts'....


'Party Popcorn and Nuts'

The recipe for 'Party Popcorn and Nuts' comes from the 'Harvest Baking' magazine which contains a 'Land O Lakes' Recipe Collection. This is a fun recipe to make on a rainy fall day for a football game, Halloween party, or perhaps as a special treat for a sweet little someone in your life. The key here is special treat. It's not something you would want to serve every day.

The recipe calls for:
8 cups of popcorn
2 cups salted mixed nuts
1/3 cup LAND O LAKES butter
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 cup candy corn
I also added 1 cup of the fall colored M&M's
You will also need some kind of a container or bowl to store the popcorn mixture in.
Heat oven to 250 degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with aluminium foil and then spray the foil with a non-stick cooking spray.
Combine the popcorn and nuts in a bowl and set aside.
Combine butter, syrup, and brown sugar in a 1-quart sauce pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil. Continue cooking for one minute.
Pour the butter mixture over the popcorn mixture and stir well to coat. Spoon into prepared pan. Bake one hour stirring every fifteen minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with seasoned salt. Cool completely in pan.
Break up pieces. Place in a large serving bowl. sprinkle with candy corn or any other fall type candy of your choosing. Store in a food container with a tight-fitting lid, or seal in a bag.

Then comes the fun part! Decorate your containers or bags in a fall or halloween theme. You can use colorful ribbons, stickers, spiders, flowers, and home made gift tags. You could even attach a poem to orange and black paper, punch a hole in the top and attach that to your container. There are so many creative things you could do that the possibilities are endless.





You can always serve it in a bowl like I did here or find a little bucket like I found at Target in the dollar section. I justed added a pretty ribbon and a sticker. I think it looks rather festive if I don't say so my self :>)








I have also put the pop corn mixture in a bag, switched the ribbon, and again included a festive sticker. Thank you so much 'Harvest Baking' for giving me my inspiration.
I look forward to seeing what all of you are cooking up in your kitchens for the up coming holidays.
I hope all of you have a beautiful and blessed day ♥
Charli is looking forward to the yummy home made treats I will be baking for her this Halloween.
With all our love and very warmest regards,

14 comments:

Happy@Home said...

Yum, that sounds good and looks so fallish. You gave some great ideas for serving and packaging it. The owl stickers are adorable.

Madeline's Album said...

This recipe sounds so good. Thanks for sharing it with us. I enjoyed your packing of this wonderful treat. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Valerie@travelingthrough2 said...

Your blog is so very Halloween festive! Your recipe sounds like such a treat too. Very fun!
Valerie

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

CAROL! Only you dearest, can bring all the goodies and treats for this season to such sweetness! I remember last year, your spread and especially that Charli and her costume..I am waiting on pins and needles to see what she has in store.....Anita

Vee said...

That looks soooo good, Carol! I want to try some right now. Love the idea of putting in some M&Ms...you must've realized right away that they had all the right colors for fall!

Micki said...

I love all of your Halloween items! It got me in the mood for the holiday!
Micki

JG said...

That looks like one very yummy treat! The owls are so cute, too. :)

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

I so enjoy visiting your blog! I just love it and have chosen you to receive the "ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD!" I was honored with the award, and now I want to pass it on to you! Thank you for having such an interesting and beautiful blog!
Leticia

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Carol, that is just as cute as can be and sounds yummy!

Just dropping by to thank you for your prayers for Mr. Magpie. I appreciated them so much, and he is so much better. My nursing duties are no longer required, but my maid duties are about to kick into high gear. I've let things slide for a month that needed to be done (both in the house and yard), so I hope to be blogging again in a week or so. Have missed you.

Please give Charli a hug for me and save one for you!

XO,

Sheila :-)

MARIA said...

Dear Carol!
Your ideas are always beautiful and useful.
I like your Halloween background
and of course the recipe.
In my country there is no this holiday, but I had the pleasure to be in the U.S. during Halloween.
It was funny time.

Have a wonderful Halloween time!

Ninny said...

That looks pretty easy and very yummy. I could do it!

Liz

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Hi Carol
Oh it all LOOKS so yummy, and your blog looks great! Was Charli in the kitchen waiting for you to drop something? haa ... Penny

Shelley said...

I Love this idea! I'm going to make this for a few family members and co-workers! Thank you for sharing!!
Hope Charli is doing well!!

The Teacher's Pets said...

Oh my goodness! You are way ahead of me in the snack and holiday department and I must say I am inspired now that I see this simple recipe and the darling pumpkin containers to go with it! I am a professional pet sitter in NH and I am always searching for the next best thing to give to all of my clients during the holidays and I believe this recipe will be cost effective and yummy at the same time! Thanks for sharing this!
I am your newest follower! Come on by to meet me and my gang sometime!

Related Posts with Thumbnails