Sunday, October 24, 2010

Betty Crocker Cake Box Sugar Cookies


Betty Crocker Cake Mix Sugar Cookies

I have been seeing cookies periodically here in blog land that have been made from different types of pre-made cake mixes. I thought it might be fun to try so I googled Betty Crocker cake mix cookies and found the following recipe.

"Mix-Easy Rolled Sugar Cookies'
1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist white cake mix (I used yellow)
1/2 cup shortening
1/3 cup butter softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg

Heat oven to 375 (350 for dark or nonstick cookie sheets) In a large bowl, beat cake mix, shortening, butter, vanilla, and egg with an electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then high speed 1 minute.
Divide dough in four equal parts. Roll each part 1/8 inch thick on a lightly floured board. I put my dough in the refrigerator for two hours prior to rolling. After rolling the dough cut into desired shapes.
Bake 5 to 7 minutes, or until lightly brown. Cool one minute and remove from pan.
After the cookies are completely cooled they can be decorated any way you chose. I used the pre-made frosting's and gels you can get at your local super market. I also added candy to make the noses.
This would be a fun project to do with children.

Are you cooking up anything special this week for your little goblins? I would love to hear from you.
I hope you have a spooktacular and fun filled week ♥
Well, I'm off to deliver some unexpected treats to my favorite goblins.
With warmest regards, Carol

11 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Sounds delicious, Carol! I'll take a dozen, please...

XO,

Sheila :-)

fiberdoodles said...

YUMMM!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I think the mixes these days are getting better. Trader Joes has wonderful box mixes for cakes and cookies that require minimal added ingredients! Makes life a little easier and SWEETER! ENJOY CAROL! Anita

Madeline's Album said...

What an easy recipe. I like the way you decorated them. Thanks for sharing this with us. Have a blessed day and great week. Madeline

George the Lad said...

They look very good but mom seams to think I should go on a diet!! did Charli get any?
We have got a pumpkin, hollowed it out and made a face, mom says shes going to make pumpkin soup!!!
See Yea George xxx

Valerie@travelingthrough2 said...

Hi Carol,
Your cookies look great! I have never made the cookies from a cake mix. I made pumpkin bars this last week and they are delicious.
Valerie

Vee said...

Nice and easy that's what I like about this recipe. Thanks! I probably will try to do some baking for my own little ones. I wouldn't dare for the masses. :D

sunshine said...

I've never used a cake mix to make cookies before but one of my friends does and she loves them!
This recipe looks nice and simple. I think that I'll give them a try as well!

((Hugs))
Laura

Pasquy said...

these biscuits are fantastic... congratulations!!!!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh precious Carol, you and sweet Charli have given me so much joy, when I have been down, in need of a smile, or a chuckle. THANK YOU DEAR ONE, for always being there.

Now when is Miss C. going to reveal her attire for the Boo Hour? teeeeeheeeee!

Lovingly, Anita

♥ Kathy said...

Those are so adorable Carol! I bet they were delicious :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails