Tuesday, October 5, 2010

From town to my brothers in Petoskey, Mi




From town to my brothers in
Petoskey, Mi.

In my last post I showed you a little bit of the board walk area in the town of Petoskey. Today I thought I would share just a few of the many beautiful sites and landscapes on the very short drive back to my brother and sister-in-laws home.

The trees are all very stunning here dressed in their pretty fall attire.













Do you see those houses up in the high lands? That is where my brother and sister-in-law live. The entire area is surrounded by rolling farms and forest.





There seems to be pretty wild flowers in a variety of colors growing every where along the road side.
Then in the middle of no where, standing all alone, no where near a house, or a church is this stunning life size statue of Mary. It was impossible from the picture to capture the enormity of the statue or the emotion I felt seeing it standing there alone in the middle of the field surrounded by nothing but the beauty of the land. The statue has been there for many years but no one seems to know who put it there or why.



The barn below stands at the corner to the entrance of the drive that leads up to my brother and sister-in-laws. I wish I would have had time to take more pictures but it was getting late and there was no way any of us wanted to miss the Michigan game.

















In my next post I will share a little bit more of our visit to my brother and sister-in-laws home. It's just incredibly beautiful there and especially in the fall.
I hope all of you have been enjoying fair weather and sunshine in the area where you live.
With warmest regards, Carol

7 comments:

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Carol
The statue of Mary is breathtaking!
I love all your photos but must say this one is my favorite.. Wishing you an enjoyable journey.
Blessings,
Penny

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

CAROL! WOW....Isn't this time of year so stunning? That barn house is gorgeous. I am so happy that there are still places in our country that look like a Norman Rockwell painting...the first picture is also so lovely! Thank you Carol for coming to visit with me and that you enjoy my posts. I am just a whimsical story teller and it gives me such joy. AND, I have also been following GEORGE THE LAD, thanks to you. A while back you mentioned he gave you an award, and I have been chuckling since...he has such a funny face! teeeheeee! HOW IS OUR CHARLI GIRL? Many hugs to you both, Anita

Madeline's Album said...

What great photos Carol. The wild flowers are so pretty and the leaves changing are too. We have a few trees getting some color and the mornings are crisp like fall. The statue of Mary photo took my breath away. Looking forward to see the other photos. Have a blessed day. Thanks for your visit to my blog. Madeline

Barb said...

Hi Carol,

Thank you so much for your visit. I haven't been visiting blogs like I used to. Thank you especially for praying for both of my boys. J.W. is having a difficult time right now with everything including his health. So many people are SICK of hearing about
the "family". Unkind emails even. Sad!

I so enjoyed your Petoskey posts. I spent so much time there as a kind. My grandma lived in Onaway and we used to visit Petoskey on a regular basis.
I still have a childhood friend that lives there.

big hugs to you and Charli

Happy@Home said...

Despite living in Michigan for 40 years, I never made it to Petoskey. I am enjoying my visit now by way of your beautiful photos. Can't wait to see more.

Valerie@travelingthrough2 said...

Hi Carol,
Your second picture looks like it could be a painting. Really beautiful! Isn't that interesting that there would be a statue of Mary in the middle of nowhere, does make you wonder.
Valerie

Micki said...

What a gorgeous place to visit and I agree that the Statue of Mary was incredible!
Micki

Related Posts with Thumbnails