Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Halloween tablescape!.....



Welcome to my Halloween tablescape!

I don't know about you but I sure have been busy this week making treats and packing up little bags of goodies for our grandchildren. This is by far one of my favorite weeks of the whole year! There seems to be spiders, bats, ghosts, and goblins every where! Even on my table there is no exception. You are bound to find at least one spider and sometimes maybe even two.
Do you like my black chargers? Sometimes I like to layer chargers as I have done here. The black chargers are ones I picked up at the party store a while ago. You can get chargers for just about any holiday at the party store. I like them because they are festive, will last for years, and are relatively inexpensive.

Remember those pumpkin pails I picked up a while back? Well, all I have to do now is fill them with treats. I added a pretty green bow to each one. I think they make great party favors.
I purchased my plates at Pier One Import. I like to use them in the summer, or when I serve Mexican food, and I was thinking they might even be great for a Mad Hatter tea party. Humm....

I will be making my mom's Happy Face cupcakes very soon. To me it just wouldn't be Halloween without them. My little owl sticker is already sitting high on his perch. I think he just may be on the look out for them :>)











I have placed spider webs, jewels, tea lights, and pumpkin candles on the table to give it that party feel. When we have hosted family parties in the past, sometimes we have even placed a cauldron in the middle of the table that was filled with dry ice. Our grandchildren have especially loved that!
This year my center piece is actually my cookie jar. It's a perfect place to store unexpected surprises and treats!






Now all I have left to do is put the candles in my tea lights, the skeleton straws in the glasses, add the greeting cards to my scarecrow photo holders, and fill my little favor pails. Then, at just the right time, I will turn the lights way down low, light the candles, put on some very creepy music, and I will be all set to go.

I hope all of you are having fun this week!
With warmest regards, Carol
"Come on Charli. We have to put on your costume. It's almost Halloween!"













11 comments:

Happy@Home said...

What a cute table you have set. The centerpiece is adorable and I love your owl stickers too. I think it's great that you enjoy Halloween so much. I think I'm becoming a bit of a scrooge now that my kids are grown. I think I need some grandkids :).

Just a little something from Judy said...

You are one very creative, lots of fun, and generous grandma. Your family is so blessed to have you in their lives. Your table looks perfect for the Halloween holiday. Actually, it looks like pages out of my Southern Living magazind. Martha Stewart would be so proud of you:)You have given so much attention to details. Can't wait to see Charli's outfit.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

LOOK how pretty.....Carol, you really know how to put out a spread dear one.....IS CHARLI GEARING UP HER SUIT????? WOOOOOOOOOOO! Oh I wish George the Lad celebrated this bewitching hour...could you imagine the suit he would wear? BISOUS, Anita

Madeline's Album said...

Your Halloween table is just as cute as can be. I love all of it. Hope you have a very happy and safe Halloween. Be sure to keep Charli out of mischief on this spooky holiday. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

That is one pawsome Halloween table you got there!

Woofs and Kisses!
The Fiesty Three

Vee said...

Carol, very spooky! :D

Say, I have noticed that your blog is one that doesn't come up on blogrolls until hours and hours later. Since my blog hasn't been either, I have been paying close attention. Not sure what we can do about it, but just alerting you in case you hadn't noticed.

♥ Kathy said...

That is so adorable Carol. I just love the spiderweb napkin rings!

Micki said...

Your table setting is just lovely!
Halloween is a fun holiday!
Micki

Valerie@travelingthrough2 said...

Hi Carol,
Your table is so cute! I like the idea of a cauldron with dry ice. Very festive for Halloween!
Valerie

Knitty said...

Your table looks fantastic! I have those little pails and need to get a few more things today so that I can fill them.

Happy Halloween to you, hubby, the grands and of course, to Charli!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

WHOAH....I could have sworn I commented on Charli's candy corn outfit!!!! BUT SHE IS SO DARLING IN HER SUIT! YEAH CHARLI! YOU DID NOT DISAPPOINT! Oh Carol, thank you for visiting....all that YOU do, you do it with LOVE, the most extraordinary embellishment of all! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! HAVE FUN TONIGHT and may all your children and grandchildren have a blast with Charli! Bises, Anita

Related Posts with Thumbnails