Friday, October 8, 2010

Our final destination in Petoskey, Mi.....


Our final destination in Petoskey, Mi


As I have said before, the real reason for going to Petoskey was to see two of our best friends, my brother and sister-in-law. The plan was to watch the U of M football game together. Those of you who follow my blog know we are huge U of M football fans. Since I was a little girl I've been watching the Michigan games with my brother and the season just wouldn't be the same if we didn't get to watch at least one of the games with him and my sister-in-law. As I said in the previous two posts we had a wonderful time! In addition to the game we took walks out in the woods and watched 'Live in Dublin', a Bruce Springsteen concert. I have never been a great fan of Bruce Springstein's but this concern was awesome! It had a little bit of ragtime, a little jazz, and a little bit of an Irish flavor. If you ever get a chance to watch it I don't think you will be disappointed. In fact, we liked it so much that we ordered a copy for our collection here at home. We had so much fun visiting, talking, and laughing with my brother and sister-in-law. My brother grills the most delicous thick juicy steaks with a smokey wood chip flavor and my sister-in-law, who is a gourmet cook, makes all of the wonderful side dishes. As you can see I'm a very spoiled little sis. Thank you so much Paul and Roxanne for an absolutely lovely visit!
In this post I wanted to show you a little bit more of the color changes here in Michigan. The picture up above was taken off the deck at my bother and sister-in-laws over looking their property. The colors have not even fully peeked yet but as you can see it was absolutely gorgeous!




We always love walking in the woods. It's so beautiful and refreshing. Charli had a ball! She just loves it out there too.














I found this pretty little leaf laying all alone on the ground. The color was so vibrant that it really stood out in the distance as we were walking down the path that leads into the woods.













I love the quietness and peacefulness of the woods.
As we were walking along Charli suddeningly stopped dead in her tracks. There near the side of the road was a deer. When the deer saw Charli it darted back into the woods with her in full pursuit. She soon learned she is no match for the quickness and agility of a deer.
Part of my brother and sister-in-laws land used to be a Christmas tree farm and the scent of pines filled the air as we were walking along.

My brother and I found this magnificent mushroom. As we walked further into the woods we found even more of them. They were all quite large and beautiful! The picture here does not do it justice. The orange colors were just stunning! I have never seen anything like it before. It reminded me of some of the mushrooms in one of my favorite the movies, 'The Wizard of Oz.'















As you can imagine it's always quite difficult to get Charli to come into the house, but once she is there, she does have a favorite place where she loves to hang out. Much like a child she loves to play on the stairs and when she is not running up and down them she can be seen here where she has the best view of everything going on in the house :>)

My brother and sister-in-law enjoy having Charli as a quest and she too is very spoiled by them getting little bites of this or that treat. I'm telling you the dog is a diva!!
I hope you enjoyed seeing a little bit of our recent trip to Petoskey.
Best wishes for a beautiful and fun filled weekend!
We will be hosting a football party here as well as picking up our pumpkins. Let's go blue!!!!
With warmest regards, Carol

12 comments:

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

It's fall there!! The leaves are so pretty! We'd love to have a good roll in them!

Happy Weekend!
The Fiesty Three

Madeline's Album said...

Your photos are just beautiful. What lovely fall colors. I am so glad you, your husband and Charli had such a wonderful time. I used to be quite a good mushroom hunter when I was growing up in California. The one you pictured looks like a poison one call angel of death, it is very pretty through. Enjoy your football party. Hope you team wins. Thanks for your visit and nice comments on my last post. Have a great weekend. God bless. Madeline

JG said...

What a great visit! Thanks for sharing all of the gorgeous autumn photos. Our trees are beginning to become colorful. College Football + fall are a great combo!

Eileen said...

Oh, Carol, this was so nice, thanks for sharing your trip and your beautiful pictures.
I love reading that your brother and your sister-in-law are your best friends, our family is like that too. It's wonderful, isn't it?

I love the pictures of Charli enjoying the walk in the woods with you, and leaning over the balcony, so sweet! And who wouldn't want to spoil her?!

I was here before but Blogger wouldn't let me comment on any blogs the other day, so I did a 'post of comments' on my own blog. Today, Blogger is cooperating so far! You're my second visit today, so I'll see how the rest of my Blog visits go.
Have a great weekend!
Love to you,
Eileen

Pam said...

Beautiful fall colors! What a great visit and thanks for sharing!

Vee said...

Petoskey looks at about the same foliage level as here. We're one week before peak. Very pretty autumn photos and I'm glad that Charli enjoys them so much!

Jorgelina said...

What lovely fall colors.
Beautiful pictures.
Hugs

♥ Kathy said...

It's so beautiful there Carol! Have fun at the football party :)

Sue said...

What a lovely walk. I miss the walks in the woods in New York with the trees all in their fall colors. Thanks for sharing.

George the Lad said...

That place looks beautiful, all those colours, I can under stand why Charli loves it there.
See Yea George xxx

George the Lad said...

Oh I also wanted to say, I love you halloween theme blog.
See Yea George xxx

Life with 5 dogs said...

What Awesome Pictures! We are your newest followers and Love Your Blog. Your Friends at
http://www.lifewith5dogs.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails