Monday, November 1, 2010

Giving thanks!....



Giving Thanks!....

The month of November has always been a time of reflection. A time to look back over the year with a sense of gratitude. Of course most of us count our blessings every day but it's also nice to remember all of the things we are thankful for during this designated time of the year.

For some of us this can be a very difficult and sad time of the year. We may have great difficulty looking for things to be thankful for when we are estranged from love ones, going through divorce, separated from those we love through distance or death, or perhaps suffering from an acute or chronic illness.

Most of us carry great burdens in our hearts but God does not want us to dwell there. There is no way any of us can possibly understand the larger plan He has in store for all of us. As long as we do all we can in any given situation and treat one another with respect, dignity, and kindness, that's all that really matters. Sometimes, as painful as it may seem, all we can do is let go.

I believe we have to look for our joy even during the most trying of times and when we do most of us will find it. It can sometimes be in the most unusual places. Sometimes it can be found in places like this lovely blog world of ours. It can also be found in a beautiful church service or in reaching out to others. It can often be found in a stroll though the park, a child's smile, the bud of a flower, and even in the beauty of a song. I believe the more we look for things to be thankful for the more our other burdens will ease.

Several blogs this month are asking us to team up with them in offering daily thanks for all of the wonderful blessings we have been given. I think it's such a lovely idea, and although I am not teaming up with any of them per say, because after all how could I possibly chose only one, I have decided, with all of them in mind, that each post I write this month I will add something or someone I'm thankful for to the bottom. In addition to listing the things we are thankful for, sometimes just reading what someone else is thankful for can remind us of our own blessings as well. I would like to share some of the links I found with all of you. This first link goes to the first image up loaded here. http://branchofwisdom.blogspot.com/2010/10/month-of-thanksgiving-giveaway.html


http://thebzhousethatlovebuilt.blogspot.com/2010/10/2010-im-thankful-for-challenge.html


http://southbreezefarm.blogspot.com/


I wanted to share the following passage I found in 'Joyful thanks,' a very small book with a powerful impact. I picked up at the dollar store one day.

"It is easy to be thankful when life hands us our greatest desires. When everything seems to be going our way, it is natural to be filled with gratitude and joy. But wouldn't it be wonderful to experience this kind of joyous thanks for the simple, everyday blessings that life brings us as well? One practice that helps me get my day started in a thankful mode is to wake up, see that a new day has dawned and say, "This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it." With this attitude, how can I help but find little treasures throughout the day for which I am thankful?"

ONE OF THE THINGS I'M THANKFUL FOR is all of you ♥ You brighten my day and make me smile. Thank you so much for your generosity, warmth, kindness, and friendship! Thank you for all of the lovely comments you leave here on my blog. I appreciate each and every one of you more than you could possibly ever know!

Happy November everyone!
Peace be with all of you ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

10 comments:

Vee said...

Carol, this post is filled with such sweetness and truth and gentle tips. I agree with you, sometimes the very best that can be done is to "let go." We can not be anyone's God. I didn't know that there is more than one blog doing this, but I don't see why you shouldn't participate in both or all. What a wonderful way to spread giving thanks even when times are tough.

Valerie@travelingthrough2 said...

Hi Carol,
Very nice post! Nice to reflect on all there is to be thankful for. Cannot believe it is already November!
Valerie

George the Lad said...

Lovely post and you are right on so may points
Jan and George xxx

SmilingSally said...

Happy November to you and yours, Carol. It is a good time to stop and give thanks, and even though life isn't perfect, we are blessed.

JG said...

I've just read your post after taking my daily walk. The November chill is in the air, but my rose bush continues to have beautiful yellow roses. :)

Happy November to you, Carol!
~Judy

Madeline's Album said...

Happy November to you Carol, your blog has really be a joy to read, everyday I check it. You have lifted me up many times. I am thankful for being here this Thanksgiving and feeling so much more like my old self. The friends we have here in blog land been so much to me. Have a blessed day. Madeline

♥ Kathy said...

This is such a beautiful post Carol! I'm thankful for you too ♥

GrandmaK said...

I too am thankful for you and Charlie. You have brightened my day on so many occasions. Thank you too for your visit!! Cathy

Branch Of Wisdom said...

Good Evening! Very late, I most imagine, but I wanted to welcome you and say thank you for joining the Month of Thanksgiving! I'm out of town my internet time is very limited, on top of a slowwww connection.

I look forward to visiting again, soon!

Have a lovely week, Tamara
www.BranchOfWisdom.com

Ann Nichols said...

I'm thankful for you too Charli! Guess what? Right now I have a little tabby rescue cat lying on my lap! He was hit by a car and lost his tail and now needs a home! I sure do hope he likes it here! I love him already!
Ann

Related Posts with Thumbnails