Monday, November 1, 2010

Please Vote!....



Please Vote!....

Election day is fastly approaching. I hope all of you will exercise your right to vote. Our ancestors fought hard to give us the right to vote and women do have a very powerful voice in this country. Let your voices be heard! Don't sit idly by and leave it up to others to promote the causes that you hold dear. Get involved. The future of our country depends on it.

Today I popped over to my friend Vee's and noticed she had provided a link to a post at 'The Gazebo House.' The post is called 'Why Women should Vote.' I hope you will take the time to stop over to Rett's and read it. It's very interesting and informative as well! It's a very well written post indeed!
http://rettspace.blogspot.com/2010/10/why-women-should-vote.html


Like many of the towns across our country my home town is suffering due to the poor economy. Our city council has had to slash many services and our library is now in jeopardy of closing. This election is especially important to me as I have been busy campaigning in an attempt to save our library for future generations of adults and children alike. Have you noticed changes taking place where you live due to the faltering economy?


I"M THANKFUL that I am a woman living in the United States. I'm grateful that I have the freedoms I do and that I have the right to vote.


The weather is supposed to turn cold in our area later this week with the possibility of snow! Oh, No! Charli and I are enjoying being out doors as much as possible because soon we will be inside hibernating for the winter.

I hope all of you have a beautiful election day ♥
Don't forget to vote!
With warmest regards, Carol

10 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good evening dear one; oh, I am ever so grateful for my job, but the poor economy forced the dismissal of two teachers, so now those of us who are left have taken on double the work. It is not fair to us, or to the children. I only have a job because I speak French, but the teachers that were let go were English teachers only. I am now teaching English AND French science and social studies. Whew! YES, VOTING IS SOMETHING THAT WE ARE TEACHING OUR CHILDREN TO DO..their future depends on how well they know how to think. Thank you dearest....Anita

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

It's a wonderful piece that Rett has on her blog but she did not write it -- she has the credit for who did write it on her blog post now. It was Connie Schultz, from The Cleveland Plain Dealer. Non-the-less it is a interesting piece and a good reminder to never take voting for granted!

Thanks Carol!
It's been warm here up till today but tomorrow we may get our first frost...brrrr

Shelley said...

You're right - we are so lucky to have the privilege to vote! It is sad about the state of our economy - especially Michigan has been hit hard. I am hopeful that good times are on the horizon.
Tell that Charli we'll vote for her as best dressed doggie anytime!!
:-)

Vee said...

Thank you for linking to Rett's blog post. It's a good one. Yes, the economy is dismal here. If we don't get relief, we're going under. It's just that simple. My hubby's a carpenter/contractor. Needless to say, the jobs are few and far between.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Carol, I will be voting! And yes, I have noticed changes in the economy... we are going to one day a week garbage collection as well as the fact that certain favorite shops are gone. I want to see things turn around, and I cherish my right to vote! My great grandmother was a suffragette!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Eileen said...

Amen to everything you said!
Ray and I were lined up to vote early this morning and I was happy to see that there was a line! Lots of people out to vote at 6:00 A.M. this morning!

Our town is suffering too, lots of business abandoned and lots of stores boarded up. It's very sad. And the price of homes has dropped! That is bad news for us as we were hoping to make a move in the next few years. I hope things turn around soon.

We were away for awhile so I haven't been visiting. I've missed you!
Love to you,
Eileen

JG said...

Totally agree with you!!! My family members have already voted today. Paying attention and being involved is important. My DH's blog - LongmeadowBuzz is on my blogroll.

Rettabug said...

How nice of you to include a link to my blog post...thank you! I'm honored that you felt it was worth sharing.
Like Pat said, it was written by one of our local journalists, Connie Schultz who writes for the Cleveland Plain Dealer. The movie that she talks about is soooo inspiring! I doubt that I would have had the convictions to stand up for my beliefs like those women did.
I was proud to be able to vote yesterday. I hope lots of other people felt the same way.

Thanks again for the mention, Carol.

fondly,
Rett

MARIA said...

Good Morning Carol!

I'm sorry about the poor economy in USA. I think that this situation is in the whole world.
I wish your beautiful country all the best!

Madeline's Album said...

I did my duty and voted yesterday. I agree with all you have posted. We need to voice our opinions whenever we can and if someone who did not vote complains about the outcome we need to tell them they should have voted. I like your new header. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Related Posts with Thumbnails