Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Rycraft Cookie Stamps.....


Rycraft Cookie Stamps.....

Quite some time ago, perhaps in the spring, I happened upon a blog and read a post about Rycraft Cookie Stamps. I honestly cannot recall whose blog it was, but a link to the Rycraft home page was included in the post. If anyone reading this post wrote a post on Rycraft Cookie Stamps please send me your link. I would be very happy to add it to my post here.
Ever since reading that Rycraft cookie post I have been receiving monthly newsletters from Rycraft with the intention of one day purchasing one or two of the stamps myself. About two months ago I finally purchased two of the stamps and last week I decided to try one of them out.
This is what I learned.....
It's super easy to do!
I followed a basic shortbread recipe which called for:
1 cup of butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 1/4 cup unsifted flour
All you have to do is roll the dough into one inch balls and then stamp them with the cookie stamp. The stamps are easy to use and the dough doesn't seem to stick to them. When I made my cookies I decided to use the pre packaged Betty Crocker Cookie Icing. I couldn't find any of the green icing so I used the pre packaged cake icing instead. That was a hugh mistake because the icing didn't blend as well on to the cookies. Next time, I will either make the icing as recommended by Rycraft, or purchase the actual Betty Crocker pre made cookie icing in both colors, even if that means going to several stores to find it.
At the Rycraft site there are many different kinds of cookie recipes, cooking and packaging tips, craft projects, cookie stamps, and a newsletter that can be subscribed to if you wish. These cookies are very pretty! The colors are just vibrant and really stand out. I think they would make a beautiful addition to any Christmas cookie box or to a tea table of any kind. They also taste very good!


















I would like to say that even though this may seem like some sort of an official advertisement for Rycraft Stamp Cookie's it is not. I just fell in love with these pretty cookies, as well as the site, and with Christmas coming I wanted to share the site with all of you as well. This last picture is courtesy of the Rycraft Stamp Cookie link.
http://www.cookiestamp.com/
Are you inspired to bake cookies during the holidays? If so, I would love to hear from you.
Charli camps out in the kitchen when ever I cook or bake. She will periodically scratch my leg with her paw so I won't forget she is there. When something is baking in the oven her little snoot is on alert! She sits there and sniffs the whole time it is baking.
I'M THANKFUL that I have a home. I have my own little place to rest my head at night. I have a place where I can read, bake, entertain, or even have an animal if I would like. I have a place to come home to, a place where I am warm and out of the cold. To me this is a huge blessing because there are so many without. I hope I never take my life or home for granted.
I hope all of you are having a wonderful week ♥
Since posting my friend Mildred has sent me her stamp cookie link http://yellanmildred.blogspot.com/2010/10/cookie-stamps.html Athough this is not the link I was referring to I wanted to add it here. Just look at all of Mildred's beautiful stamp cookies! Thank you Mildred! Your cookies are awesome!
With warmest regards, Carol

10 comments:

Mildred said...

Love your cookies. I posted a link to Rycraft fairly recently at
http://yellanmildred.blogspot.com/2010/10/cookie-stamps.html and there seemed to be a lot of interest. I have many stamps for the different holidays and they always make great gifts.

Madeline's Album said...

The cookies look so good. I am glad you posted about these cookie stamps. Have a blessed day. Madeline

♥ Sallie said...

Look how cute those are!

Hugs,

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good evening dear Carol and Charli! I have never heard of these stamps, but WHAT FUNNNNNNN! I bet your home smells just wonderful at this time of year! I wonder if Charli can smell and distinguish that this is a special time!!! Thank you for the recipe; my husband loves shortbread, but that is one recipe that I do not have, even in my MARTHA STEWART BOOK OF COOKIES!

ENJOY DEAREST, Anita

Eileen said...

Your cookies look wonderful and they are making my mouth water!
And, yes, this time of year really does inspire me to bake cookies more than any other time of year. I take out all my grandmother's cookie recipes, I especially loved her butter cookies (shaped like little pretzels with an old cookie press) and her chocolate chip cookies were the best!

Great post!
Love to you,
Eileen

The Teacher's Pets said...

I've never tried using stamps on cookies but then again I am not much of a cook! Haha! I now understand what the stamps are all about and I will have to try them w/o burning down the house in the process! Haha!
I feel as if I am right there in the kitchen with you from the way you describe your cooking experience and I agree that we should never take our quiet times with our pets for granted.

Rettabug said...

Those are really pretty cookies! I have never heard of the stamps so you did do a little good advertising for them.

Regarding the cherries in my eggnog bread, I bet you could use any kind you wanted....dried, candied or maraschino. Your choice!

SmilingSally said...

Those are especially attractive cookies, and Charli is an especially smart dog.

Blessings each day said...

The cookies are so yummy looking...did it take you long to decorate them? You have so much patience, Carol!

blessings and hugs to you!

Sue said...

When we were first married and money was tight, we made cookies at Christmas and gave them to friends and neighbors. We continued the tradition till four years ago when I had eight five week old puppies and a broken wrist at holiday time. Rob couldn't understand why I didn't bake cookies that year. Since then one or both of us have been sick at Christmas and so we haven't baked cookies.

This year we're going to get back to our tradition. I started yesterday by making apple-peanut butter dog biscuits. My pack was very attentive. It was fun and this year there'll be lots of cookies.

Related Posts with Thumbnails