Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A wedding across the sea!


A wedding across the sea!


Actually this lovely wedding took place across the ocean and the people in it are very special to me. I know I have talked about my cousin Sharon here in the past. Sharon is not only my cousin but we were best friends growing up. We did everything together! We lived approximately seven blocks apart, went to the same schools, and attended the same parish. We married the same month, of the same year, and our children are very close in age. Sharon lives up north now so we don't get to see each other as often as we would like, but we still keep in touch and talk on the phone all of the time.

Sharon's daughter Kelly happens to live in South Yorkshire, in the United Kingdom, and her daughter Nikki recently got married. Although we were unable to attend the wedding, with the aid of Face book, phone calls, and instant messages it was almost as though we were there. Some of our family members were able to watch the wedding take place via Skype. Other family members traveled to the United Kingdom to personally attend the wedding. Kelly was host to everyone, and if that were not enough, she still took the time to make Nikki's beautiful wedding cake herself! Isn't it gorgeous!

I just love weddings!.... Sigh.... They are so romantic and joyful. I enjoy seeing the thought and attention to detail that goes into them. Each bride has her own unique style. I thought Nikki's wedding choices were absolutely beautiful! Her dress was exquisite, the flowers stunning, and the cake absolutely lovely! The fact that Kelly made the wedding cake is so special and something Nikki, I'm sure, will never ever forget!

Because most of us enjoy weddings so much I thought all of you might like to see some of the wedding pictures too. Thank you Kelly, Nikki, and Ian for graciously allowing me to post some of your lovely pictures here!

Nikki's color choices were blue and orange. I thought the combination of colors was just beautiful! And don't you just love that darling little cake topper in the picture up above? I don't remember ever seeing a cake topper like that before. I like the bride's dress and the umbrella that was incorporated into the topper.
I love all of the pretty delicate white, orange, and blue flowers on the wedding cake. I like the way the flowers have been arranged. Isn't the cake just beautiful?
The bride wore orange shoes! I really liked that idea. It was a great choice for a modern bride. I love the vibrant colors of the orange and blue that Nikki chose. Everything was absolutely perfect and so pretty.
Daughter and Mother, Nikki and Kelly. Two women who are both just lovely inside and out.

The guys wore kilts! Don't they look handsome? I really like the ties and vests. The flowers on they're lapels just pop! They look very elegant indeed.






Instead of the tradional bridal veil, Niki chose to wear a single orange flower in her hair. Isn't it just stunning? I also love the bead work on her dress. What a beautiful bride she was!!!
All of the flower arrangements were absolutely gorgeous! I especially like the blue flowers as I don't see them as often in flower arrangements. Blue has always been my favorite color.
I think Nikki and Ian make such a handsome couple! They are so cute together. I get such a kick out of the comments they make to one another on Facebook. Just think.... They have they're whole life ahead of them.... Sigh.... They have been busy moving into they're new home and last week Nikki made cookies for Ian :>)














Nikki's dress was just lovely and I thought the girls dresses were absolutely gorgeous as well.


The bridal bouquets were done very simply in one solid color and yet they were so elegant and beautiful!



A picture of the guys getting ready. Do you think they were nervous :>)









Congratulations to Nikki and Ian! Best wishes for a wonderful life together and a marriage filled with romance and love!
I hope all of you have enjoyed seeing some of Nikki and Ian's wedding pictures. There is just something about a wedding that is so up lifting. I just love weddings don't you?
I'M THANKFUL that I live in the world of the Internet. It has allowed me to stay in touch with my family and to meet many wonderful new friends through my blogging experiences.
Many blessings to all of you ♥
With warmest regards, Carol


17 comments:

GrandmaK said...

Wonderful pictures and story! I just have to link it to Adventure Tour Express today! Wishing you well!! Cathy

♥ Sallie said...

Awww. That looks like an awesome wedding!

Hugs,

Eileen said...

Beautiful post!
Beautiful couple!
Congratulations to Nikki and Ian and many Blessings on the happy couple!

I agree with you about the colors, really wonderfully unique. And the cake! Amazing!
And I love how the bride cake topper dress mimicked the bridesmaids' dress tiers. Really very pretty.

Thanks so much for sharing this, Carol!
Love to you,
Eileen

JG said...

Weddings are very special! Congrats to the happy couple!

Yes, the Internet allows us to connect so easily. It's great! I enjoy watching docent lectures from other museums or viewing a new quilting pattern tutorial while comfortably sitting in my chair. :)
~Judy

♥ Kathy said...

I think that is so pretty Carol! How wonderful that you got to "be there" even though you were so far away!

Madeline's Album said...

Lovely post and what a lovely couple happiness to them both. Everything was just beautiful. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Carol, this is so beautiful. I don't know what it is about the Celtic culture, but I love the music, the dress (those men look fabulous in kilts) and the climate of the area. What a great experience to have "been" there via the tech wonders of today!

BLESSINGS TO YOU, Anita

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a gorgeous bride, and I love a man in a kilt. Love seeing this... and that cake! And the pretty flowers. I hope they have many happy years together, too!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Margie said...

Carol that is indeed a beautiful wedding and the colours are so nice, very unusual but they do work very well. Congratulations to the happy couple. Hugs, Margie.

Micki said...

What a lovely wedding and such a beautiful couple!
Micki

Vee said...

Now there's a beautiful bride who isn't one bit afraid of color! Thank you for sharing the pictures of her day with us. All the best to this young couple!

Just a little something from Judy said...

I like weddings too and so I am so thankful that you took the time to share all of these beautiful pictures with us. I enjoyed seeing all the different aspects of the wedding. There was lots of creativity and thought put into making the day a real special one. I like the orange shoes too.

fiberdoodles said...

Absolutely beautiful! They are such and adorable couple. Thank you so much for sharing such a special day with us. The internet is wonderful ~ how blessed we are to see so much.

((hugs))
Sharon and Max

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Carol

Seems like I have been away forever.. My computer has been in for repair, but now I am happy to be up and running.
What a beautiful story.. and the photos are something to be treasured forever.. Thank you so much for sharing. Such a beautiful couple.
Blessings,
Penny

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Carol, dropping back by to say thanaks for your sweet visit. I always look forward to visting with you!

Happy Week Ahead...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dearest Carol,

Thank you always for coming to visit with me! I am truly blessed to have people who can understand my writing and what I wish to communicate. I send you my heartfelt thanks and greetings for a splendid Thanksgiving celebration! CHARLI is gonna go beserk with the aroma of turkey everywhere!

Bises, Anita

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What a beautiful wedding! Congratulations to Nikki & Ian --they make a lovely couple and I wish them a lifetime of happiness and blessings.

Related Posts with Thumbnails