Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Gingerbread House and a Very Merry Christmas to all!


A Gingerbread House and a Very Merry Christmas to all!


It's still hard to believe that Christmas is right around the corner! My, my, where does the time go? There is still so much I would like to do to make this season special but there is just no time left.

I have stopped by many of your blogs and I have to say you are truly a creative and inspirational group! From your wonderful and touching spiritual posts, to your beautiful Christmas decorations and crafts, to the lovely poems you post, to your baking skills and the sharing of your favorite family recipes, to your lovely art work, and to your wonderful adventures out and about in your home towns, all of it has just been amazing, enjoyable, and heart warming to read! Thank you so much for making this Advent season special. Thank you for sharing a little part of yourself with all of us. And most of all thank you for being the truly kind, remarkable, and very special blogger's that all of you are.


Every year during the Christmas season my hubby and I have tried to do something special with our children and grandchildren. It usually entails maybe going shopping, or attending some type of Christmas event, taking in the Christmas lights, and almost always going out some where nice for lunch or dinner. This year, when I heard about the Gingerbread House at the Royal Park Hotel, in Rochester Hills, a town very close to where we live, I knew it would be the perfect place to take our grandson Ryan. I especially wanted to see this Gingerbread house because the chef and staff in the hotel built it to help support The Salvation Army, a charity that is very dear to my hubby and myself. The hotel invited the public to come in to see the gingerbread house and then placed the familiar red Salvation Army buckets at specific locations around the house in the hopes of encouraging everyone to leave a small donation. I thought this was such a wonderful idea and so true to the spirit of what Christmas is really all about.

The Gingerbread House was amazing! Ryan couldn't believe all of the ingredients that went into making it. It stood over four feet tall and actually had a fake but working fireplace and lights inside of it. The roof was made out of squares of chocolate and each square had a small gingerbread man in the center of it.



















The hotel also has a sweet shop where baked goods are made fresh daily. Here we were able to pick up some gingerbread cookies for Ryan to take home with him.
It was such a fabulous day in so many ways and one I know I will remember for many years to come.

























"I have been trying so hard to be good! I have been waiting patiently for days now but I don't think that Nick guy is coming. Oh well, I think it's time for a nap. If you see Saint Nicholas will you please tell him not to forget to stop over at our house?"
"Charli your not playing on the computer again are you?"















I will be busy getting ready for our out of town guests who will be spending the week before Christmas with us, and then with Christmas, my nieces Solstice party, and all of the activities after Christmas this will be my last post until after the New Year.
I would like to wish all of you every blessing possible this Christmas and New Year!
Best wishes for a very safe, healthy, and joy filled holiday ♥
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!
God bless all of you ♥
With warmest regards and much love,
Carol, Mike, and Charli

26 comments:

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Carol
What a magnificent gingerbread house! It had to have been made with such love. Simply beautiful!
Look what you have done with your lovely home.. It looks so warm and inviting.. I love your tree.
Charli is simply adorable in her santa suit! Give her a hug for me.

Wishing you and yours a blessed Christmas. Thank you so much for all you visits and kind words. I am so happy to have met you.. Your little world here has brought me many days of smiles and laughter.
Blessings
Penny

Eileen said...

Oh, thanks for sharing this, Carol! My grandson Jayden would love to see something like this in person, but I will bring him here later to see it (he's not feeling well today, 'hoping he gets better quick because his Christmas show in school is tomorrow morning).

It's been nice getting to know you a little better this year, Carol, and thanks for all you've shared. I always come away with something wonderful!

Charli looks adorable! And she looks almost guilty on one of the photos! Has she been naughty?
Jayden always gets such a kick out of her!

Christmas Blessings, Carol!
Joyous New Year too!
Love to you,
Eileen

GardenofDaisies said...

I absolutely LOVE the gingerbread house! I think it is wonderful that you create Christmas memories for your children and grandchildren by taking them to special events. Merry Christmas to you too!!

Madeline's Album said...

Carol, what a lovely gingerbread house. I love gingerbread cookies and I know your grandson Ryan enjoyed the ones you bought him at the sweet shop. Your posts have always lifted me up and you have become a great blogging friend. Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas and bright New Year. Charli is as cute as can be I hope Santa is good to her. Happy holidays. Madeline

GrandmaK said...

Oh my what fun you must have had!!! And Charlie!!! What a handsome Santa he makes!!! The pictures and just wonderful and the Gingerbread House is exquisite!!! Thank you!! Cathy

Vee said...

Carol, I am sorry that we won't be seeing you until the New Year, but it's all for a very good reason. (And I always allow a blogger to change her mind. ;>)

That gingerbread house was amazing. Charli has never been cuter. Hope that she's a very good girl through all the Christmas season.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Joan said...

Hello Carol,

What a beautiful gingerbread house and a very special place indeed. Just wanted to stop by and send many special wishes to you and your family. I hope you have a very lovely Holiday and a beautiful start to the New Year.
Charlie looks absolutely adorable.
Pug Hugs and Smiles,
Joan & Jane Austen Eyre

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH PRECIOUS CAROL....you have been a delight to me from day one. I so love your charm and beauty here...you always make me feel as if I have rang your doorbell, and you have graciously let me into your sweet home. I get all cozy and then, here comes to Charli to sit on my lap. I thought of her the other morning as I looked out my window only to see my 60 year old neighbor running on the ice trying to capture his schnauzer, Cokie, who had on a sweater, booties and a HAT....SHE TOOK OFF AND WHEN HE WOULD CALL TO HER, SHE WOULD TURN TO HIM, THEN KEPT ON RUNNING!!!! teeeeheheh!

Dearest Carol, thank you for coming again to the theatre and I will ask your permission now to be able to use CHARLI's "image" or rather her name to host a DOG SHOW on my theatre next year, using various dogs in blogland....George the Lad is gonna be in it along with some other divine canines!

You are a sweetheart and that GINGERBREAD HOUSE IS MARVELOUS! Enjoy every moment by your hearth dearest. Anita

Micki said...

What a beautiful Christmas display, esp. the gingerbread house. All was simply stunning.
Micki

Valerie@travelingthrough2 said...

Hi Carol,
Charli looks adorable! That gingerbread house is amazing. It sounds like a really special trip. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
Valerie

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Beautiful post Carol! I enjoyed looking at your tree and the beautiful and exquisitely detailed gingerbread house, but Charli dressed as Santa was the best!

Merry and blessed Christmas and happy 2011 to you and your family!

SmilingSally said...

I have a SIL who tells that if it were not for Salvation Army, she'd not have had any Christmas presents. Therefore, we always make a donation to them, knowing of their good work.

Blessed Christmas, my good blogging friend!

JG said...

Carol, you and your family have a wonderful Christmas! I always enjoy stopping in to visit. The gingerbread house is really cute!
~Judy

MARIA said...

Woow! What a beautiful is this gingerbread house!
Thank you so much Carol for sharing this beauty.
I also love songs.
You created Amazing Christmas place... as always.

Charli is cuuute girl.

Wesołych Świąt!
Merry Christmas!
my dear friend!

Rettabug said...

Popping in to wish you a very Merry Christmas, Carol!
I love every inch of your decorations & I second your comments about how inspiring all the bloggers ideas have been.
The size of this gingerbread house is astounding! What a wonderful idea for a worthy cause!

See you after the holidays...enjoy your company.
fondly,
Rett

Micki said...

Have a Merry Christmas! Charli is just so cute!
Micki

pinta said...

Merry Christmas to you
Pinta and Uto

Margie said...

Beautiful tree and an amazing gingerbread house, you really do some wonderful things for your family. A very Merry christmas to you and yours. Hugs, Margie.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Carol, look at that gingerbread house! It's adorable!

And your tree is so lovely! And Charli is so festive in her Santa suit.

I hope that you and Charli and family all have a wonderful Christmas. I am under the weather and have been for a bit, but I pray that I will turn the corner soon.

Wishing you a Christmas that is merry and bright!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Terry said...

Howdy Carol
Merry Christmas to you and yours.
This was an amazing gingerbread house !
I am so glad you were able to make such nice memories with your family.
It will be hard to top this one .
Give Charli my best :)
I am like you I just don't know where the year has gone to .
May your New Year be filled with many special blessings for you and all yours.
Love and hugs from Texas
Until next time
Happy Trails

Ann Nichols said...

This house is a work of art!!! Amazing!! Well done to you! You should go into business!
And Charli... what can one say but he is so cute - what a love! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas Day!
Many blessings!
Ann

inspirações da Jô said...

Good evening my dear friend from the heart !!!!! I miss you and it could not pass here to wish you have a 2011 with much love and peace and give a big thanks your friendship and affection in this ending year and God willing we will be together in 2011 !!!!!
A big hug with lots of love !!!!!!

Michael said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! God Bless you Carol!

Knitty said...

Happy New Year wishes to you, hubby, your children and grandchildren, and of course, to Charli as well!

George the Lad said...

Wow what a great gingerbread house, and Charli you look so cute dressed up.
Happy New Year see you in 2011
George and Jan xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails