Saturday, December 4, 2010

A snowman cheese ball......


A snowman cheese ball.....

I'm very happy to present to you my snowman cheese ball except that in this case it happens to be a snow woman as defined by the hat that sits upon her little head :>)

The inspiration for my cheese ball came from all of the many darling pictures I've seen in blog land of cheese ball snowmen and food.com. I also did a little tweaking of my own.

For the cheese ball, I used three eight once packages of cream cheese and one half carton of whipped cream cheese.
One package of Original Ranch Buttermilk Dressing.
Eight slices of fried bacon, chopped.
Green onions, chopped including green parts. Use as much as you desire. I used five and I probably could have used more.
3/4 cup shredded cheese. I used the Italian five cheese package.
Mix the three packages of cream cheese (softened) with the ranch dressing.
Fold in the shredded cheese, bacon, and green onion.
Form the cream cheese mixture into two balls, one smaller for the head, and the other larger for the body. Place each ball in a separate bowl. Cover with plastic and place in refrigerator until firm.
When the cheese balls feel firm remove them from the refrigerator. Place larger ball on a work plate. Frost the cheese ball with the whipped cream cheese. You can either leave the ball plain at this point or cover it in more of the blended shredded cheese mixture like I did here. Cut a large carrot in fourths, length wise, and run one of them down the center of the cheese ball just like you would do to stack a cake. Place the smaller cheese ball on top to secure and then repeat the process of frosting and adding more cheese if you would like to do so. When you are finished place back into the refrigerator.
I used two different kinds of bread for the hat. I used a round cookie cutter with a finished edge to make the rim of the hat. Then I cut a rectangle out of a darker piece of bread and secured it to the rim by cutting a slit into the rim of the hat. I added an olive and some green pepper to the hat by using a dab of whipped cream cheese as glue.

Next I pulled the cheese balls out of the refrigerator again and added cranberries to make the eyes. Then I cut a piece of carrot to make the nose. I secured the hat to the body with a little more of the whipped cream cheese.





I used raisins for the mouth and the buttons. Then I used celery to make the arms. Because it was being taken to a Christmas party I finished it off with a 'Merry Christmas' sign and added one of my Christmas tree cookies to the other side. But wait something was still missing! I know, I forgot her scarf! I decided to used red ribbon.







After I was finished decorating I very carefully transferred my snow woman onto a serving platter using a spatula.

I'm very happy to say that my little snow woman was a huge hit! Everyone said it tasted as good as it looked! As I was decorating, I was thinking that this cheese ball doesn't have to be limited to the Christmas season either. Wouldn't she look cute with little snow flakes, stars, or even Valentine hearts dangling from her arm? If any of you decide to make one I hope you will send me a picture!
As you can see we are in the full swing of the Christmas season over here at our house. I hope all of you are having wonderful times with family and friends as well ♥
Charli just loves all of the comings and goings and increased activity here at our house. She has been hanging out by the Christmas tree a lot. Do you think she could be snooping for presents?
Many blessings to all of you!
With warmest regards, Carol

10 comments:

Joan said...

I absolutely LOVE SnowPeople! This is sooo cute and looks extremely Yummy!
Joan & Jane Austen Eyre

Happy@Home said...

She is adorable. Almost too cute to eat :).

Margie said...

I think that the Snow woman is definitely the best thing I have seen on the blogs in some time. Hope it tastes as good as it looks. Hugs, margie.

Madeline's Album said...

Thanks for sharing this adorable cheese snow lady with us. It is to cute to eat but sounds so delicious I would definitely eat some. Have a blessed evening. Madeline

GrandmaK said...

You are too, too talented!! She's darling! Too cute to eat! Have a grand evening! Cathy

GardenofDaisies said...

Your snowgal cheeseball is so cute!
I made a hedgehog cheeseball for our last family gathering. I'll have to do a post about that soon.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

teeeheee! I think Charli is:

snoopying for gifts
and is trying to avert your eyes to other things so you can leave your cheeseball unattended and then, POW! She attacks it!!!! Dogs love cheese, you know!!!!

SO darling, Carol, so darling!!!!

Love, Anita

♥ Kathy said...

That is SO adorable Carol!! I would almost hate to eat it because it would mess it up LOL I bet it was delicious!!

JG said...

What a cute snow lady! She sounds delicious! Her hat is darling. :)
~Judy

Sue said...

Very cute, but what a shame to eat her.

Related Posts with Thumbnails