Wednesday, December 1, 2010

An unexpected gift!....


An unexpected gift!

Last week I received a lovely and unexpected gift from one of my son's friends and his wife. It is so unusual and creative that I thought I would share it here with all of you. When I thanked Jeff and his wife, I was told his sister-in-law makes them! I thought it was a very clever idea and that some of you crafter's might be interested in doing something like this yourself.

Jeff's sister-in-law started off by drilling a hole near the bottom of a wine bottle. A set of Christmas lights were then threaded into the hole. In this case yellow lights were used, but multi colored, or even white would also be very pretty. Next she bought a cluster of grapes and placed the stem on the neck of the wine bottle. The bottle was then wrapped with a twine type ribbon and the ends were tied in a bow.









Isn't it beautiful! I keep mine on my counter top next to my standing wine bottle opener. It's especially pretty at night when it's lit up. Thank you so much Jeff and Tina! That was so thoughtful of you ♥
There are snow flurries today and it's cold in our area. Charli is having no part of it! She has been snuggling up in her little fleece blanket on the chair in my office listening to Christmas music, with one ear up, and dosing on and off.
I hope all of you are well and having a lovely week ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

14 comments:

GrandmaK said...

Oh how wonderful! It is really pretty isn't it! Lucky you!!! Wishing you well! Cathy

Rose said...

Lovely! I've seen similar ones in jars, etc. before. Not that I'm a crafter, but I love seeing things at craft shows and usually end up buying at least one thing!

texasdaisey said...

Oh how pretty! I have been painting snowmen and gingerbread on mine like that. I never thought of grapes or flowers.
Debbie

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Hi Carol
What a wonderful surprise! I love it. How very sweet of her..
Blessings,
Penny

JG said...

How pretty! The nicest presents are surprises. My sister's MIL made my DH & I a ceramic lighted tree one year. Every Christmas it sits on our window sill. :)
~Judy

Vee said...

How thoughtful! It is a very pretty gift. I'm going to tell my niece about this one.

Madeline's Album said...

How pretty. Great craft idea. Have a blessed evening. Madeline

Ann Nichols said...

How lovely! Wine bottles are such a work of art in themselves - so nice to see someone giving them a second "life" on the counter!
Blessings!
Ann

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dearest Carol! THIS IS JUST GORGEOUS! I have seen vases with lights inside, but never a wine bottle!

Hey, how is Charli? I was just thinking of her yesterday for some reason....is all well with our little Diva Girl?

BLESSINGS! Anita

Eileen said...

Oh, thanks for sharing this, Carol! I actually have a few wine bottles that I've saved just because of their unusual shape and/or labels, and now I know what to do with them! I have one bottle of wine with the label "Raymond" on it (my husband's name) and I'm going to try this. I would love that sitting on my kitchen counter!
Thanks again!
Love to you,
Eileen

MARIA said...

Very beautiful!
I'll be try to do something like this.
In my country there is also cold
(24C) and biig snow.

Warmest hugss to you Carol and to your family!

Michael said...

Finally something to do with my empty wine bottles! (grin)

Thanks for sharing. Hope you are having a blessed Advent.

♥ Kathy said...

aww that's really awesome Carol!

Just a little something from Judy said...

Little lights in a wine bottle sure does make a beautiful gift. I bet it looks so cozy in your kitchen. Thanks for sharing this idea. I would like to try it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails