Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bulletin Boards

Bulletin Boards
I wonder how many of you have a bulletin board? It's something I have always wanted to have. The problem for me is that there was never really any where to put one. I think every wall in my home is taken up with art of some kind.
What I really would have liked to do is purchase one of those French easels with a drawer that I could keep my tacks and stickers in. I could have either used a cork board or even a canvas as the actual bulletin board itself but unfortunately my office area is just to small. It would have been more expensive to purchase the easel but it could have become a piece of art in itself.
I thought about getting some cork and placing it in a gilded frame. I may just do that it if turns out that I enjoy my bulletin board as much as I think I will.
 Ultimately I have found a bulletin board I like at least for now. I decided to place it on the back of my office door. My hubby built special brackets and padded it so I don't have to worry about scratches. I'm just beginning to decorate it now. Would you like to take a peek?
My hubby says I don't need another calendar but I keep reminding him that I do. It's perfect because I know the date at a glance and I don't have to keep fooling around with my computer.
Charli is wondering where her picture is. "Don't worry Charli it will be up there before you know it."
If you have a bulletin board, what kinds of things to you like to keep on it? I think I will post something I'm grateful for every day.
I hope all of you are having a lovely day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol




6 comments:

SissySees said...

There's a huge bulletin board at the office for workers rights required postings, but that's about it...

Madeline's Album said...

I have no bulletin board. I do like yours. I put the grand kids art they send me on my refrigerator also their pictures. It has been a good day for me I hope for you also. Have a blessed evening. Madeline

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH MY GOODNESS......YOU CAME TO VISIT!!!!!! CAROL! You are back and thank you so much for taking a moment to come by! How are you dearest one? Give Charli a BIG GIANT HUG FOR ME! Take care of those eyes! My goodness, you made my day!! Anita

Shelley said...

I love bulletin boards too! I have a cloth covered one in my guest room at the cabin and I post photos of my guests and little momentos from their visit. Hope you're doing well! Nice to see you posting! And give that beautiful Charli a hug for me!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I haven't had a bulletin board since I was young, but I often think I need one. I think they are a good idea. I like the ones I see that are covered in fabric, but how do you pin large things on those? I guess you can do it, but those strappy things seem like the would get in the way. Yours is a lot more practical, Carol!

Love to you...

XO,

Sheila

SmilingSally said...

Hi Carol,

I don't have a bulletin board, but I do have a calendar that I keep important dates on. However, I neglect checking it! (Ah, these senior moments!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails