Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sour Cream Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Sour Cream Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting and Coconut
Anyone who has followed this blog in the past knows that one of our family traditions is to make 'Happy Face' cupcakes every Halloween. I don't know how or why the tradition got started but my mother made them every year at Halloween for our family and school events. I carried on the tradition after I married and I wouldn't have it any other way.
However, if I wasn't making 'Happy Face' cupcakes I would certainly be making Sour Cream Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting and Coconut. I love coconut and these cupcakes are delicious! I found the recipe one day while surfing the Internet. I thought I would pass it along to any coconut lovers out there like myself. I think they would look fabulous all decked out for Halloween. What do you think?
The recipe and the link is as follows. Special thanks to the author of the blog for sharing this great recipe.
If you try them I hope you enjoy them as much as our family did. I made them for our son Kurt's Air Show party this summer and they were definitely a hit!
I hope all of you are having a wonderful week!
With warmest regards, Carol


4 comments:

SissySees said...

Yum! The Knight would love those...

Walking on Sunshine... said...

These sound really super moist! And I love the smiley face tradition! Enjoy!

Lisa @ akawest said...

Cute cupcakes!

Madeline's Album said...

The cupcakes look just yummy. I wish I could enjoy some but being a diabetic I know I can just admire them. I am so glad to see you back to posting. I really enjoy your blog. Give Charli a big hug from me. Have a blessed evening. Madeline

Related Posts with Thumbnails