Thursday, November 3, 2011

It was a popover kind of morning!

It was a popover kind of morning!
I like to bake even though I know I shouldn't. This morning it just seemed to me like a popover kind of day.
Popovers are so easy to make and they are really delicious. They can be served with just about anything. My recipe basically comes from (http://allrecipes.com) but I did change a few things. Example being, I don't flour my pans and I preheat my oven to 425 degrees instead of the 450 degrees called for in the recipe.
This recipe calls for:
1 cup all-purpose flour
two eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. I brush my popover pan with butter but you could also use a cooking spray. In a medium bowl beat two eggs. Add the flour, salt, and milk taking care not to over beat the mixture. Fill custard cups in popover pan 1/2 full. Then bake at 425 degrees for twenty minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake another twenty minutes or until golden brown.
Serve immediately. Serve plain, with butter, jam, apple butter or even a little peanut butter.
Charli loves these kinds of mornings as she always gets a bite or two. She likes to have her popovers with a little dab of peanut butter. It's no wonder the pooch doesn't like to eat her dog food!
Well, I have to get going this morning. I'm writing out my Thanksgiving Day menu. What about you? Are you cooking this Thanksgiving?
What ever your doing today I hope it's wonderful and blessed in every way ♥
With warmest regards, Carol
Charli says "Woof, Woof!"


7 comments:

SissySees said...

My girls get a bite of baked goods - if they are free of Sissy's allergens.

I don't know what I'm making for Thanksgiving yet. Definitely my cranberry sauce, but beyond that... I don't know. We're dining with friends...

Walking on Sunshine... said...

I love popovers and have never made them before! Your recipe looks really easy! Hope you're doing well!

Madeline's Album said...

Your popover recipe looks real easy. I will be having the traditional turkey, creamed potatoes, green beans, pecan pie, pumpkin pie and tea. Will have one daughter bring the dressing, the other daughter will bring the cranberry sauce and rolls and my daughter-in-law will bring sweet potatoes topped with marshmallows and pecans. I will not have as many family members here as in previous years but will enjoy having those that can make it. have a blessed evening. Madeline

Paula said...

looks yummy and easy. Hope all is well with you!

Paula said...

Thank you for visiting and for the prayers. I am doing okay!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, those look absolutely delicious, Carol! YUM! I bet Charli would like to get her little paws on one. ;-)

XO,

Sheila

Michael said...

I'll be right over!

God Bless you...

Related Posts with Thumbnails