Saturday, February 18, 2012

The 'Holiday Finery Tea'

The 'Holiday Finery Tea'
One of the things I didn't get a chance to share with you last year was the 'Holiday Finery Tea' which was hosted by the historical museum and village here in my home town. Our village has been host to many delightful teas over the past couple of years and I have written about some of them here. The tea's are always held in the historical church which is located on the village grounds.
These tea's are always very enjoyable and cheery events. I think many people in my area feel the same way as I do about them because on tea day the church is always jam packed.
The staff at the village work very hard to make these tea's special for all of us. Walking into the church there are always new friends to meet and old friends to greet. Then us ladies sit back, enjoy a little reprieve from our daily routine, smile, laugh, sip tea, and nibble on cookies. If that were not enough, we also learn a little bit of history, and sometimes, are entertained with music or dance.
The 'Holiday Finery Tea' certainly did not disappoint. In fact it was so popular that the tickets were completely sold out.
At the 'Holiday Finery Tea' we enjoyed a lovely winter fashion show consisting of dresses, feathers, shawls, purses, gloves, and hats dating from the 1800's to the the 1950's. All of the wonderful hats and beautiful accessories were on loan from 'Hoffman's Millinery Treasures' which is owned by Lori Hoffman. Lori also gave the presentation and shared some very interesting tidbits and stories about her hats and how she came about owning them. I have posted some pictures here. I hope you enjoy seeing them.
It's been such a strange winter here with hardly any snow at all. We already have buds on the branches of the trees and the bushes. The birds are beginning to return to our area.
I took Charli out yesterday to get a new green collar for Saint Patricks Day. I cannot believe how time is flying! Before you know it we will all be making plans for Christmas again.
I hope all of you have a warm and wonderful weekend.
Many blessings to all of you ♥
With warmest regards, Carol
















9 comments:

Vee said...

Cute fashion show! I think teas are a wonderful way to decompress and have and enjoyable time with friends. How nice that the historical "society" hosts the events.

SissySees said...

I love it! Especially the red hat... Bravo. I'm guessing Charli wasn't able to attend?

Madeline's Album said...

I love all the photos of the hats and what looked like vintage dresses. I would have like to have been there to enjoy them in person. The trees and bushes are budding out here too. We have had some cold weather but most of the winter has been mild. Have a blessed evening and a wonderful weekend. Madeline

Eileen said...

I would love to have attended something like this! You are so lucky to have so many opportunities to immerse yourself in history (I remember some of your other posts, I think one was even at a local mall). Thanks so much for sharing this, I so enjoy this type of thing!
Love and Prayers,
Eileen

George The Lad said...

Oh all those ladys in the hats, I love hats if I get the chance to get hold of one.
Both me and Tess love tea, mom offen lets us have the bit that's in the bottom of her mug!!
I'm glad the the thunder shirt is working for Charli, luckly we are ok with noises.
Have a good week
See Yea George xxx

Michael said...

How fun!

God Bless.

JG said...

Learning History, especially local History, is GREAT! That must have been so FUN! I like the parasols, also.
~Judy

Paula said...

That looked like so much fun! God Bless you for the visits to my site and for all of your kind words. They truly do lift me up

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Hi Carol
How very kind of you to stop in and meet Jemima.. So happy you enjoyed viewing.. I had such fun creating her...
Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
Blessings,
Penny

Related Posts with Thumbnails